PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul issue a debate challenge?

itshappening
01-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Thompson is on Hannity complaining about the debates being an exchange of soundbites and he didn't like to play that game. neither does Ron.

Should the campaign issue a debate challenge to Thompson and Huckabee or anyone else who wants to turn up (I doubt the others will), offer to pay for it and broadcast it (maybe in S.C at a convention center) 2-3 hours, substantiative debate, sit down format with an audience, Q&A.

if not SC then Florida or somewhere else.

I think Ron would excel in such a format and it would allow more focus/attention on the issues rather than the soundbites

what do you think?

itshappening
01-11-2008, 08:39 PM
bump

noztnac
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Absolutely.

I think they should arrange a discussion (not debate) with Thompson, Kucinich, Hunter, Gravel, etc.

All of these candidates have good reason to want to be able to get ther views out in a better setting.

itshappening
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Republicans only!

damon04
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Without A Doubt!! bump

itshappening
01-11-2008, 08:48 PM
would the others go for it? I reckon Thompson might if he's serious about having a proper debate and Huckabee will take any free publicity he can get but may feel he doesn't need to

it could be broadcast on local cable like the townhall or in the biggest SC markets, it wouldnt cost much would it and it may even get picked up nationally if enough interest was generated

AMack
01-11-2008, 08:49 PM
These guys are intellectually bankrupt. I doubt they would ever accept his challenge. If they did, he would destroy them, and they know it.

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
In any real debate where honest questions about politics and policy are asked by objective moderators, Ron Paul would win.

That's why none of them will be willing to do it.

itshappening
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
These guys are intellectually bankrupt. I doubt they would ever accept his challenge. If they did, he would destroy them, and they know it.

that's true but maybe the campaign can find out if they can get any to turn up and if they get a positive response then proceed and put the show on, the voters deserve a proper discussion with no Fox bias!

Physics
01-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Turn it into an ad, so the public sees it, and that way no other candidates will back out.

quantized
01-11-2008, 10:33 PM
excellent idea!!!

firebirdnation
01-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Turn it into an ad, so the public sees it, and that way no other candidates will back out.

haha, that is a freaking awesome idea!

newbitech
01-11-2008, 10:40 PM
absolutely without a doubt yes. He should do this with cooperation from the GOP. He should offer to have the first presidential debate from the gondola of a blimp =D.

Seriously though yes do this.!

FreeTraveler
01-11-2008, 10:44 PM
QFT!

CareerTech1
01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
I would like to see a 4 hour open discussion forum - with equal time and question answers for each candidate - and for it to include democrats and republican candidates - everyone in the same room.

Starts off with each candidate detailing out their position on each issue. Then moves to allow each candidate to question each of the other candidates on their positions on the issues.

No moderator except to control time to answer and ask - could even be a computer based moderator.

That would be amazing - no commercials -

I would even let them use my conference room at my office -

Antonius Stone
01-11-2008, 10:53 PM
4 hours, broadcast over youtube-

*1 hour Foreign Policy
*1 hour Economy
*1 hour Energy/Infrastructure Security
*1 hour Civil Rights & Liberties, Voting Rights, ETC

3 Minute Responses
1.5 Minute Redirects

-NO STEPPING ON ANYONE WHILE ITS THEIR TURN TO SPEAK. WHATSOEVER

Think12345
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM

+1

CareerTech1
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
4 hours, broadcast over youtube-

*1 hour Foreign Policy
*1 hour Economy
*1 hour Energy/Infrastructure Security
*1 hour Civil Rights & Liberties, Voting Rights, ETC

3 Minute Responses
1.5 Minute Redirects

-NO STEPPING ON ANYONE WHILE ITS THEIR TURN TO SPEAK. WHATSOEVER

Yep - i like that - but also having them physically in the same room - facing each other at a round table like situation - would be great to see how they treat each other.

Akus
01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Absolutely.I was gonna post that.

born2drv
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I think it would be great to have a debate just on foreign policy. Then if it goes well follow it up with another one just on economic policy.

Ron could issue a single offer to any one of Giuliani, Thompson, Romney, Huckabee or McCain to debate him 1 on 1 just on foreign policy for an hour. First one to accept publically gets the invite. They'd be foolish not to take the opportunity since kicking Ron Paul around seems to be their strategy of energizing the neocon base and making them look toughest against the WOT. Problem is Ron would be the one to kick them around instead. It would be like a very casual thing, to sit down and be discussed in length.

I bet if you made that offer, they'd all be scrambling to be the first to acccept, except maybe Rudy who seems to think he's too top tier (which is laughable considering his current standings) to debate Paul on actual content and prefers the soundbites.

Paul could easily finance this and make it happen.

726f6e7061756c
01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I would like to see RP debate one of them like he did at FreedomFest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BqTrhrF86o

[FreedomFest 2007 The BIG Debate 6of7 Rebuttal D'Souza & Paul]

born2drv
01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
bump

hazek
01-12-2008, 09:18 AM
No. They wouldn't take part of it. Just remember they didn't take part of the value voters debate or the one for the black community, why would they take part of a Ron Paul debate? And when they would decline it would just make Ron look like a fringe.

Rintrah54
01-12-2008, 10:27 AM
I have always thought Ron should go on national press and say "You know what, Ill go head to head with any of these guys and day of the weak......but you know what? They wouldn't do it, cause they are scared to have to back themselves up"

You know, mildly taunt them with insinuations of cowardice. That said.....they actually are scared and there is no way they would bite.

Dan Klaus
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
An RP debate challenge with Thompson on any topic under the sun would be the nail in Thompsons coffin...the American people would see him for what he truly is...