PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Texas...Kucinich is not on ballot...get his supporters!

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 08:20 PM
How many Kucinich supporters can we get to vote for Ron Paul in Texas?
Has the deadline to switch parties passed? Thanks constitutent: "hillertexas, we have open primaries. you choose your party on primary day."

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/archives/2008/01/kucinich_stays_1.html
January 11, 2008
Kucinich stays off the Texas ballot -- Updated
U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel of Austin today ruled against Dennis Kucinich's bid to get on the Democratic presidential primary ballot in Texas. State party officials excluded Kucinich from the March 4 ballot because he had refused to sign a pledge to support all Democratic nominees. Yeakel upheld the party's decision.

Yeakel ruled that the Texas Democratic Party's right to set rules about who can associate with it outweighed Kucinich's free speech rights.

Yeakel said if Kucinich did not want to sign the Democratic Party's loyalty oath, he was free to run for president as a Republican, a third party candidate or as an independent.

Kucinich had signed the oath in his 2004 presidential bid but refused to do so this time. The oath would have required him to promise to "fully" support the party's presidential nominee if it was someone other than himself.

Kucinich attorney Donald McTigue of Columbus, Ohio, said the difference this time is the war in Iraq is much more prominent and that Kucinich did not want to back a nominee who would not promise to pull out of Iraq.

Democratic attorney Chad Dunn told Yeakel that the oath is not legally enforceable so anyone who signed it would be bound only by their own conscience to abide by it.

Democratic Chairman Boyd Richie said he would have been happy to put Kucinich on the ballot, but he said he did not have the power to ignore a rule established by the party at its convention.

The lawsuit was brought in Texas by Kucinich supporter Willie Nelson, who was not present at the hearing.

Kucinich also was not present. He was campaigning in Michigan, where he had been unable to get off the ballot after the Democratic National Committee stripped the state party of its delegates because it moved up its primary.

Comments:

That's just great. Put this in the "straw that broke the camels back" category.
That settles it for me I will be forwarding my resignation letter to ALL Democratic Party organizations to which I belong. I'm so upset with the DLC and their lies to control the voters I can hardly stand it. I will never again cast a vote to keep the "lesser of 2 evils" from winning. I will NOT vote for any candidate who does not support a reasonable quick withdrawal from Iraq, the use of war (or the threat thereof) as a negotiating tool with other countries, and the promotion of war with Iran, Pakistan, Venezuela, etc. This includes congressional Democrats like Rick Noriega who told me he will not support the withholding of funds for the war(s). Let me spell it out I will NOT vote for Clinton, Obama, or Edwards (OK the jury is still out on Edwards, but he needs to reverse course more convincingly). The future President may not be able to bring about Universal Heath Care and other social programs but he/she CAN end this war and stop others very quickly. The DLC wants to win at ALL cost ... I say we can't afford more un-necessary wars for American Empire. Remember Rome?!

Posted by: JamesG at January 11, 2008 01:19 PM

James G.,

I hope you at least know about Ron Paul.

Joe3113
01-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Kucinich proves, yet again, that he has principle.

Shavenyak
Kucinich is a good man. I don't agree with him domestically, but you HAVE to respect him for that.

As much as I'd love for Paul to get his votes, I hope his supporters write him in out of recognition of his stand here.

Soccrmastr
this is a Ron Paul forum, for help getting Ron Paul elected....

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM

Uh...yea.

That's why we should get Kucinich's supporters to back Ron Paul now that their man is no longer an option.

drexhex
01-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Doesn't mean we can't read other news, and we might be able to get Kucinich's supporters in Texas (every vote counts), especially since he's praised Paul several times.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
bump

Naraku
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
because he had refused to sign a pledge to support all Democratic nominees

Wow, I thought the RNC was bad, but that is just fascism.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
bump

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Texas is an open primary state. No need to switch parties.

McDermit
01-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe we can get Kucinich to ask his TX supporters to vote RP?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Wow, talk about some bullshit. If Dennis's people hold a rally or something, we should come out for him, just on principle.

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 02:40 PM
bump

amy31416
01-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow, talk about some bullshit. If Dennis's people hold a rally or something, we should come out for him, just on principle.

I'd do that. I can't believe that oath they require you to sign! Jesus, just as bad, if not worse than the GOP.

Both parties need to be taken over by people with ethics or destroyed. This is NOT the American way.

Good for Kucinich, he's a principled guy just like Paul. Much respect.

constituent
01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
so, when is it that we move from alter to abolish?