PDA

View Full Version : Statewide Recount of the Republican and Democratic Presidential Primaries

CurtisLow
01-11-2008, 08:08 PM
RELEASED BY: William M. Gardner, Secretary of State of New Hampshire

SUBJECT: Statewide Recount of the Republican and Democratic Presidential Primaries

DATE: January 11, 2008

RELEASE TIME: Immediate

CONTACT: Secretary of State William M. Gardner, phone (603) 271-32**

Secretary of State William M. Gardner announced today that Albert Howard, a candidate for nomination for the office of President of the United States in the Republican Party Primary and Dennis Kucinich, a candidate for nomination for the office of President of the United States in the Democratic Party, have requested a recount of all ballots cast statewide. Mr. Howard and Mr. Kucinich have satisfied the requirements for initiating a statewide recount of the Republican and Democratic Primary.

Secretary of State William M. Gardner will estimate the cost of the recounts, which must be paid by the candidate(s) for the recount to proceed.

Secretary of State Gardner announced that the recounts will start Wednesday, January 16, 2008. The time and location for the start of the recount process will be announced after the estimate has been completed and payment of the estimated cost has been received.

New Hampshire law, RSA 660:7, provides that “any person for whom a vote was cast for any nomination of any party at a state or presidential primary may apply for a recount.” RSA 660:2, IV provides that if the difference between the vote cast for the applying candidate and a candidate declared elected shall be greater than 3 percent of the total votes cast in the towns which comprise the office to be recounted, the candidate shall pay the fees provided in RSA 660:2, III and shall agree in writing with the secretary of state to pay any additional costs of the recount.” RSA 660:6 provides that if the person requesting the recount is declared the winner after the recount or loses by a margin of less than one percent of the total votes cast, the fees for the recount will be refunded by the State.

Secretary of State Gardner reports that the last time New Hampshire did a statewide recount of the results of the Presidential Primary was in 1980.
Unofficial results indicate that Albert Howard received 44 votes for nomination in the Republican Primary and Dennis Kucinich received 3,901 votes for nomination in the Democratic Primary.

Lucid American
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
That's awesome . . . most importantly because neither Paul nor the grassroots had to risk any collateral damage.

Soccrmastr
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes, Albert Howard is a Paul supporter as well. And Kucinich is a friend of Pauls. this is very good! We got we wanted without direct harm to us!

CurtisLow
01-11-2008, 08:41 PM
nor the grassroots had to risk any collateral damage.

We got we wanted without direct harm to us!

Agreed! Great news.

Joe3113
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
It's time to END the establishment. The time is NOW.

Menthol Patch
01-11-2008, 08:48 PM
bump

MJfromCT
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
yummy news

Shellshock1918
01-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Who the hell is albert howard?

Pete Kay
01-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Hell yeah! I really hope that they find a discrepancy in the votes to make the neo-cons look like fools.

cien750hp
01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Who the hell is albert howard?

a candidate that was only on the ballot in new hampshire. one of the fringe candidates that only go on one ballot, just to do it, not run a big nationwide campaign.

AdamT
This couldn't have gone any better. Now all they have to do is find the missing votes. You can bet there's shredders running right now.....

shrugged0106
I'd imagine that if shenanigans tranpired, then even a recount will be corrupted. Probably end up with virually the same percentages. (but one can hope!)

jnpg
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
O Pleeze let the honest people in NH protect those paper ballots!

PatriotOne
01-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I am encouraged by this. For one, I did a google on William Gardner and scandal and can't seem to find any for him. Two:

Gardner has taken the lead in New Hampshire's policy towards "100% Paper Ballot" elections, in contrast to some states that use computerized voting systems without paper records of each vote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gardner

Sounds like Bill isn't a criminal gatekeeper so if there was any funny business he may just demand it gets to the bottom of!

bobmurph
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
a candidate that was only on the ballot in new hampshire. one of the fringe candidates that only go on one ballot, just to do it, not run a big nationwide campaign.

oh...so kinda like that Ron Paul guy, huh?;)

ButchHowdy
01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Hillary and Romney HAVE to be shi*ting at the thought of this!

PatriotOne
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Awwww.....Gardner has one of the most honest faces I have ever seen! The man looks downright uncapable of lying:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gardner

On second glance, he may be stoned also...LOL

BLS
01-11-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't think this is a bad thing, but I don't think we're going to find much of a difference.

If we do...there's gonna be some serious shiot going down.

PatriotOne
01-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Hillary and Romney HAVE to be shi*ting at the thought of this!

Guiliani may be a tad worried bout his 4th place also :D

constitutional
01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't think this is a bad thing, but I don't think we're going to find much of a difference.

If we do...there's gonna be some serious shiot going down.

Lets hope for the latter one. :)

Sandy
01-11-2008, 09:17 PM
What about all of those people that came in from out of state to vote saying they would be moving to NH, just so they could mess up the vote? Why in hell did NH decide that out of state people who are not yet residents could come in and vote? Anyone can lie and say they are moving to NH. How about those affidavits that were signed by supposedly soon to be residents?