PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Get Ron Paul on TV

jenius
01-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone. I was in New Hampshire for three weeks with OLFD, and I agree 100% with Mackler's observations in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85242

I would sorely like the official campaign to make some staff changes and some strategy changes, but that's not in my control. What we can do is take the lessons we learned in New Hampshire and apply them in our own states. For instance, here's a project we in the grassroots can be working on:

Suggestion: do not donate any more money to the official campaign. If you have money, spend it yourself. The official campaign hasn't figured out that running some of the youtube videos that got us all riled up will be more effective than running their P.O.S. "professional" ads. If we want effective TV ads, we are going to have to run them ourselves.

In New Hampshire, the best TV ad that was run was the one where Ron Paul is in front of a black background and speaking about Civil Liberties and government spying. That ad was run a few weeks before the primary and it didn't run for long. The final ad that we saw in New Hampshire was an ad that saluted the troops, and had a voice-over that said Ron Paul gets more donations from the troops than any other candidate. It wasn't a bad ad, but I don't think it changed anyone's minds, as most people were STILL unfamiliar and uncomfortable with Ron Paul's positions by the time the primary rolled around.

What we can do, since the official campaign isn't doing a very good job of it, is to get Ron Paul on the air with our own advertisements. I've seen so many ads made by "amateurs" on YouTube which are 1000 times more effective than anything the campaign has produced yet. We can make better ads, and we know exactly what got us interested in Ron Paul in the first place so we know how to make them effective.

I would love to see a website where we can upload 30 second Ron Paul ads and vote on them as a community. We could then do a chip-in for the ads that are rated the highest and get them on the air in key states. I know there's already one PAC that's airing ads at http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/, but I don't know if there's a website yet where we can all vote on the best ads and then decide which ones are the best.

What do you all think? Can we make this possible?