PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should be THANKING the media

Son of Detroit
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
For it's constant abuse of Ron Paul. :D

I've been trying to get my mom and dad to catch onto his movement for a while now, and I pushed them to actually sit down and watch the whole debate and listen to his ideas.

My mom has been hinting around at liking him a little ever since I showed her 'A New Hope' and some of Ron's speeches. My dad I thought would be a little harder, since he is a little obsessed with the military and wants a strong defense. He has however voted Libertarian in the past and is a small gov. conservative.

They loved his economic and immigration answers, as well as his electabilty answer. But the thing that gave the extra push was the obvious attempt to ridicule Paul and make him look like a loon. This made my dad say,

"I'm gonna vote for Paul even if it is a throw-away vote just because he isn't given a fair crack at things". (His words, not mine).

I asked him about the war issue and he said he still doesn't agree with Paul's stance on foreign policy, but because of his economic and domestic policies, because he's not a "con-artist", and because of the slamming that he always unfairly gets convinced him that he's the guy.

My mom also said that she's leaning toward voting for him in the Michigan primary for pretty much the same reasons.

I went from :( to :eek: to :D in a matter of 2 hours.

ItsTime
01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
There is some blowback happening. I hope it out weighs the damage.

Have you signed up here yet?

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

Congrats on the new votes hehe It always feels good

DjLoTi
01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm not gonna be thanking the media for anything except for dumbing down America.

I'm not gonna be thanking them.

Son of Detroit
01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Have you signed up here yet?

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

Would if I could. I'm only a Freshman in highschool.

ItsTime
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
then there is real hope for america. Have a long memory of this year...

Aldanga
01-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Sweet. I'm a senior. Power to the youth!