PDA

View Full Version : Digg: What Fox News doesn't want you too see.

DDMX
01-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Long time reader, first time poster here.

Seems to be no longer buried, #1 on front page.

Digg Here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Cut_from_re_air_What_Fox_News_doesn_t_want_you_too _see

OddballAZ
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks I saw the replay and don't recall seeing this.

Andrew-Austin
01-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Holy shit, over 5000 diggs.

If only it had more then 9000.

CareerTech1
01-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Dr. Paul should keep doing what he is doing making the "what is wrong with this picture" statements, but then close his response with what he would do.

www.DontTaxMeBro.org

openfire
01-11-2008, 08:26 PM
That video has now been removed from youtube.

Spirit of '76
01-11-2008, 08:37 PM
That video has now been removed from youtube.

So it has.

Somebody who saved it needs to get it back up ASAP.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 08:38 PM
WHY has it been removed?

DDMX
01-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Damn, all that video was the truth. The unedited original.

Sey.Naci
01-11-2008, 08:41 PM
If it was the full unedited version, it might be for copyright reasons that it was removed.

bobmurph
01-11-2008, 08:42 PM
was it the "so we borrow 10 million from china..." part of the debate????

bobmurph
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
If it was the full unedited version, it might be for copyright reasons that it was removed.

so the debate wasn't broadcast live? what was cut out?

Feelgood
01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

DDMX
01-11-2008, 08:46 PM
so the debate wasn't broadcast live? what was cut out?

They asked Paul if he had any electabilty. He gave them a GREAT answer. (I'm sure you can find in on YouTube) This was LIVE.

On the Replay of the debate, that Question and answer were cut out by Fox news.

The video on YouTube was Paul's answer.

Spirit of '76
01-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I thought that all the debate footage was open for fair use and rebroadcast. :confused:

DDMX
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Anyone here work for YouTube that could get that video back up?

There was nothing wrong with it.

angelatc
01-11-2008, 08:53 PM
This is why I think this is our last desperate chance for honesty. By the time the next Presidential election rolls around, Google and YouTube content will be prescreened. We'll never get information like this up in the first place.

(*sob*)

ronpaul.in
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.newscorrupt.com for the video

Meiun
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Found it here again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZ_Z_XG0L2c

hope that's what we're looking for.... I didn't see the original one that was linked.

Schlickenmeyer
01-12-2008, 12:00 AM
I was #6500

Man, I have folks tell me he can't debate. I cry Bullshit.
That was a visceral piece. Makes me want to go distribute flyers
at midnite, even in a bad part of town. :D

That may not bring down fox news, but it will put fire in the belly.

tbarnett17
01-12-2008, 12:06 AM
If it happens again, someone needs to put the video up on Google where FauxNews can't touch it!

paulgeek
01-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Is there a clip of how FoxNews edited the video? I think that would be a great comparison. Show how they edited the clip.

N13
01-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Fox doesn't like the truth about their editing of the real debate.

LIARS

THey have nothing to do with news and everything to do with propaganda.

ladyliberty
01-12-2008, 07:20 AM

Leslie Webb
01-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Somebody make a YouTube of Ron in person giving the exact same answer to the question.
Then post it on the Internet as the answer Fox News tried to censor. Fox News would have no right to remove a supporter-made video of Ron saying the same thing he said in the debate, and we could file a suit against Fox if it tried to.

dkim68
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffpkCH-PJw

traitorist
01-12-2008, 08:49 AM
i think that people need to rethink how they all look at these "news" stations.

1) they are not really news or news "media". they are corporations set up to make money, and that is all.

2) they don't deliver news, but only entertainment cloaked as news.

3) when is the last time you have seen any investigative work on the part of Fox or others? hardly ever. they don't do any investigating, but only reporting. they are ALL propaganda machines of the state, nothing more, simply reporting what they are told to.

4) they are not our allies or friends in this endeavor. sure there might be some people on the inside that support Ron Paul and his message, but the corporation as a whole has no vested interest in looking out for the best interests of the common man. their only purpose is to make money and increase profits, at any and all costs.

period.

osofaux
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
i think that people need to rethink how they all look at these "news" stations.

1) they are not really news or news "media". they are corporations set up to make money, and that is all.

2) they don't deliver news, but only entertainment cloaked as news.

3) when is the last time you have seen any investigative work on the part of Fox or others? hardly ever. they don't do any investigating, but only reporting. they are ALL propaganda machines of the state, nothing more, simply reporting what they are told to.

4) they are not our allies or friends in this endeavor. sure there might be some people on the inside that support Ron Paul and his message, but the corporation as a whole has no vested interest in looking out for the best interests of the common man. their only purpose is to make money and increase profits, at any and all costs.

period.

Also, it helps to understand the basic nature of media as a business. FOX sells one product - an audience - to one type of client - advertisers. Fox has carefully built its audience on a radical ideological framework and now maintains that base with as little expense to itself as possible.

If you want to destroy FOX News, then you have to convince enough of its audience not to watch them anymore. FOX and their advertisers will never respond to boycotts or threats while they maintain an audience. They will do what serves their interests.

We obviously need FOX's audience, or we wouldn't be so worked up about them. We need the audience to be sympathetic to our cause, or apathetic to all. We need to compete for it.