PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with neocon father and his friend

RPatTheBeach
01-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Just got back from dinner with my neocon father and his neocon friend. They started talking about the debate last night, I tried to stay out of it since my father has a history of calling me a lunatic for supporting Ron. They started talking about Ron about half way through. To my surprise, my father actually said "I'm starting to like him" followed up with the obligatory, "but if I vote for him, I'll just be throwing my vote away." His friend didn't verbally agree, but gave an "uh huh," and then continued to say that he is impressed by Ron, but he under-performs in the debates. He saw him in a couple one-on-one interviews and liked what he had to say.

We need to keep on trucking. Once Ron takes a state, the rest will fall like dominoes.

RPatTheBeach
01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Oh, they also thought it was completely childish how our supporters had to clap and scream "like little kids" after everything Ron said, no matter what he said.

I agree.

Soccrmastr
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Man, dude Im in 10th grade and there were a few kids and some etaches all tlaking about Ron paul at the debate I was like WTF. Most people know Im a Ron Paul supporter becaue of my students 4 paul shirt and my for liberty wristband. But this was awesome. I know a fe friends who said their dads support Ron Paul now.

ItsTime
01-11-2008, 07:36 PM
His supporters did not start to cheer until the real children in the debate started to laugh at him. Sorry your father is a sheep for not noticing that.

Soccrmastr
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
His supporters did not start to cheer until the real children in the debate started to laugh at him. Sorry your father is a sheep for not noticing that.

The real childish ones were all the people on the stage and the mdoerators laughing at Ron Paul and telling terrible jokes

humanic
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
The real childish ones were all the people on the stage and the mdoerators laughing at Ron Paul and telling terrible jokes

Agreed. Lowlives.

RPatTheBeach
01-11-2008, 07:46 PM

Sheep? Hardly. You're just as bad as CNN with your sensationalist use of words. People like you are more damaging to the campaign then helpful. Continue ridiculing people that you need to achieve your goals. See how far it gets you. Baaaaaah!

I'll agree with that, 100%.

I'm just sharing some information that people are gradually seeing through the media, we just need to continue.