PDA

View Full Version : FOX *PLANNED* to edit Ron Paul from the debate re-airing

Thanehand
01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Now I'm speculating here. I don't have any proof of this. :) That said however, I saw something pretty fishy about how FOX ran the debate last night:

While watching the debates, I noted that nearly every time they asked Ron a question, the went directly to commercial break after Ron spoke.

At the time, this didn't seem bad, but this discovery that they've removed parts of the re-air seems to confirm my suspicions that they did this on purpose, anticipating that they would edit Ron out for later airing.

The commercial breaks directly after each of Ron's responses essentially allowed FOX to cut out before Ron spoke, have a commercial, and then cut back normally as if Ron wasn't even present at the debate, complete with the "We're back!" greeting by Brit Hume!

If you haven't been spreading the boycott message to everyone you know, you should be.

constitutional
01-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean?...

Shavenyak
01-11-2008, 06:57 PM

He means that because Paul had 2 BIG responses before commercial breaks, that FOX planned to just chop his segments off and insert commercials for more commercial time. BEFORE THE DEBATE!

If this is true, it pisses me off. Paul would rant, and they'd go to a commercial. I noticed that too.

Ron2Win
01-11-2008, 06:58 PM

He is inferring that if they re-air the debate they will just cut Ron out.

Thanehand
01-11-2008, 06:59 PM
He means that because Paul had 2 BIG responses before commercial breaks, that FOX planned to just chop his segments off and insert commercials for more commercial time. BEFORE THE DEBATE
Yup - that's exactly what I meant... and didn't it happen more than twice or am I just remembering wrong?

Shavenyak
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Yup - that's exactly what I meant... and didn't it happen more than twice or am I just remembering wrong?

I'm probably wrong, I got home from work 30 minutes in and when I tried to watch the re-run it skipped all over, I couldn't figure out what was going on. The replayed debate was much less interesting.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
At the time, this didn't seem bad, but this discovery that they've removed parts of the re-air seems to confirm my suspicions that they did this on purpose, anticipating that they would edit Ron out for later airing.

Of course they did. We aren't dealing with amateurs here. Although, they didn't do it to get more commercials in... they did it because they prefer Paul not exist.