PDA

View Full Version : Theory: Secret Strategy goes off after SC

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 06:42 PM
My theory is that the campaign will go on offense after SC, anytime before is pointless cause the SC clutter will be dominated by Huckabee, Thompson, Romney and Mccain who will be going all in SC

After this the clutter will loosen for a viable media frenzy

jake
01-11-2008, 06:43 PM
if true, the time for donations is before the SC primary then

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I'll donate when everyone thinks it's good to

atilla
01-11-2008, 06:48 PM
My theory is that the campaign will go on offense after SC, anytime before is pointless cause the SC clutter will be dominated by Huckabee, Thompson, Huckabee and Mccain who will be going all in SC

dang, you mean we have to face two huckleberrys now;)

arbnranger
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM

hahah
Huckabee/Guiliani/Thompspn...its all the same thing...the wrong thing.

Jobarra
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
He IS two-faced :p

I think the better strategy would have been to destroy Romney/McCain in Michigan and Rudy in Florida/Nevada by spending most of the cash in those two places. Too late for hindsight though. I'm still hoping that Dr. Paul is going to run surprise ads like he did in one of his past campaigns where the ads hit the morning of the election. Not sure how you can do that nationally though.

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
bump

DAFTEK
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zto1tFg9G7k

Agent CSL
01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Ron has a history of being sneaky and taking the win right out from under other people. This might sound a little hypocritical to my personal nanny state thinking, but I do trust Ron's campaign to have a plan - and I trust it to have a good plan at that. I'm going to keep continuing my grassroots efforts and spreading Ron Paul on the web.

I have editor status on Topix.com where I'm constantly trying to post in favor of Ron Paul.

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 07:19 PM
boop

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 07:43 PM
bump

Primbs
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't put too much faith in a secret strategy. Now is the time. It is now or never.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 10:17 AM
if true, the time for donations is before the SC primary then

money bomb a couple days later. MLK Jr Day

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 10:18 AM
If the campaign isn't worried with South Carolina(like some claim about Iowa and New Hampshire), why would they waste our donations on offices and paying staff members? If RP's campaign ignores SC and doesn't try to place 1st, then RP and his campaign is ignoring the history of elections...he doesn't want to ignore other history, why should they ignore election history?

Jeremy
01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Maybe you're right...

LionHeart87
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Thompson will drop out after SC and a lot of Thompson supporters have Paul as their second so I think a post-SC media frenzy strategy is a damn good idea.

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Thompson will drop out after SC and a lot of Thompson supporters have Paul as their second so I think a post-SC media frenzy strategy is a damn good idea.

Most of the Thompson supporters I have talked to don't like Paul because of his stance on Iraq...

LionHeart87
01-12-2008, 10:32 AM
There are plenty of conservative bloggers who say that but would rather have Paul over the other candidates except Thompson.

familydog
01-12-2008, 10:42 AM
At this point it better be one hell of a strategy.

Xyrus2
01-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Bruce Springsteen Concert in support of Ron Paul :)

That might turn some heads.

~X~

prlgrl
01-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Bruce Springsteen Concert in support of Ron Paul :)

That might turn some heads.

~X~

singing little stevie v's "I am a Patriot"

AlexMerced
01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
At this point it better be one hell of a strategy.

remember Muahmmad Ali, everyone would always think he was gonna lose, that he needed to fight back, but he held out and won

Matt Collins
01-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Manytime before is pointless cause the SC clutter will be dominated by Huckabee, Thompson, Romney and Mccain who will be going all in SC

Yes, I predict we'll see at least 1 drop by SuperTuesday, maybe 2 and possibly even 3.

Remember most of the rest of these guys ARE OUT OF MONEY!!!

lx43
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Whatever it is I hope it pays off.

AlexMerced
01-12-2008, 05:00 PM
it will, we won't sweep super tuesday, but we'll shock them, this race I think will be close to the very last primary

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
I'll donate when everyone thinks it's good to

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85456

Lord Xar
01-12-2008, 05:09 PM
wait. you mean, the constnat ineptitude, the constantly coverting their own asses, the constant ball dropping, the constant missed interviews and lack of phone call follow thru was ALL A RUSE!!!!!!!!

So, maybe this is a secret plan WITHIN a secret plan

Act like the three stooges and then BAMMMMM really get serious. I see, very very clever.

Now it all makes sense. The untargeted ads to inappropriate demographics. The disgruntled campaign workers, the botched database etc.. this all a very clever plan.

I now see the true genius of this campaign.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 05:11 PM
If the campaign isn't worried with South Carolina(like some claim about Iowa and New Hampshire), why would they waste our donations on offices and paying staff members? If RP's campaign ignores SC and doesn't try to place 1st, then RP and his campaign is ignoring the history of elections...he doesn't want to ignore other history, why should they ignore election history?

It's shaping up to be a brokered convention. The history won't matter.

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 05:12 PM
it will, we won't sweep super tuesday, but we'll shock them, this race I think will be close to the very last primary

Like we shocked them in New Hampshire with 8%.

AlexMerced
01-12-2008, 07:26 PM
well, I'm offering some reason to be optimistic, take as you will

familydog
01-12-2008, 07:35 PM
remember Muahmmad Ali, everyone would always think he was gonna lose, that he needed to fight back, but he held out and won

The inherent danger in this strategy is that the longer the media and the other candidates paint Paul as a kook, the more cemented it gets into voters heads. I'm not saying this sort of thing won't work, just saying it's very risky. Especially since Paul isn't trying to fight that view on him right now.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Knowledge is power.

AlexMerced
01-12-2008, 07:43 PM
The inherent danger in this strategy is that the longer the media and the other candidates paint Paul as a kook, the more cemented it gets into voters heads. I'm not saying this sort of thing won't work, just saying it's very risky. Especially since Paul isn't trying to fight that view on him right now.

I agree with this, but honestly is there really any other option, the traditional methods obviously won't work, it's risky strategy but it's really the only option.

He isn't fighting what they are saying cause the less he fights it the less they report it it's like those bullies in high school, it get to you, but if you let them throw you off they just get worse.

Luckily, it's working, and they haven't reported on it that much, it's mostly been shuffled in with other news briefly day to day. It's hurts, and its hurts a lot, but by not feeding the fire the damage is minimal.

Dave Pedersen
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
What happens to the delegates when a runner drops out? Do they select their new choice at the national convention?

specsaregood
01-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Guess what I have found from canvassing? Still at least 75% of eligible voters haven't heard of him. Seriously. And most that have heard of him, think highly of his views. I'm serious. VERY few people have been negative upon having me knock on their door and give them Ron Paul information.

So get out there and canvass people!

nate895
01-12-2008, 07:51 PM
What happens to the delegates when a runner drops out? Do they select their new choice at the national convention?

It depends if the candidate formally releases them or not, most likely they would.

phixion
01-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Guess what I have found from canvassing? Still at least 75% of eligible voters haven't heard of him. Seriously. And most that have heard of him, think highly of his views. I'm serious. VERY few people have been negative upon having me knock on their door and give them Ron Paul information.

So get out there and canvass people!

And it's that reason I beg for a national prime time ad blitz from the RP campaign right before super tuesday...

And ads that the media can't ignore, too... surely it can't be that expensive to hit the TV waves for like just 5 days leading up to super tuesday or something...... creeping up on all candidates in the last few days...... ?

Pete

AlexMerced
01-12-2008, 11:23 PM
And it's that reason I beg for a national prime time ad blitz from the RP campaign right before super tuesday...

And ads that the media can't ignore, too... surely it can't be that expensive to hit the TV waves for like just 5 days leading up to super tuesday or something...... creeping up on all candidates in the last few days...... ?

Pete

I'm pretty sure that's probably the plan

gaazn
01-13-2008, 01:23 AM
is the secret strategy buying a bunch of ads on other stations running during the superbowl in all the super tuesday states? those ads will be dirt cheap, and there's a good chance that dallas will blowout the afc team, so people will start changing channels.

No1ButPaul08
01-13-2008, 01:29 AM
and there's a good chance that dallas will blowout the afc team, so people will start changing channels.

Well there's proof at least one RP supporter is certified crazy

Hook
01-13-2008, 01:48 AM
wait. you mean, the constnat ineptitude, the constantly coverting their own asses, the constant ball dropping, the constant missed interviews and lack of phone call follow thru was ALL A RUSE!!!!!!!!

So, maybe this is a secret plan WITHIN a secret plan

Act like the three stooges and then BAMMMMM really get serious. I see, very very clever.

Now it all makes sense. The untargeted ads to inappropriate demographics. The disgruntled campaign workers, the botched database etc.. this all a very clever plan.

I now see the true genius of this campaign.

LOL

That is the problem I see. I would buy it if we had run a tight operation in the first 3 states but still lost because we didn't spend as much money or have as much face-time. But it seems as though we lost more because of incompetence than some "super plan".

It will be interesting to see where all the expenditures went in Q4. Hopefully it is mostly allocated to TV and radio time in the Super Tuesday states.

If it all went to administration in Iowa, NH, and SC I am going to be very very depressed.

Hook
01-13-2008, 01:52 AM

If you are planning on waiting until the rest spend themselves out, why even bother setting up offices in NH and Iowa then? Why not save ALL the money and spend it on SuperTuesday States? Any money spend in NH and Iowa is money that could have been spent on SuperTuesday. And the only position that matters is #1. Anything less doesn't get you delegates. (Except for proportional states, but #5 ain't gonna get you many delegates even then).

gaazn
01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
If you are planning on waiting until the rest spend themselves out, why even bother setting up offices in NH and Iowa then? Why not save ALL the money and spend it on SuperTuesday States? Any money spend in NH and Iowa is money that could have been spent on SuperTuesday. And the only position that matters is #1. Anything less doesn't get you delegates. (Except for proportional states, but #5 ain't gonna get you many delegates even then).

the plan might have been to beat guliani in all the early states and then use his strategy to win on super tuesday

cien750hp
01-13-2008, 01:57 AM

my impression was to make it seem like the campaign was trying but sucked. they spent some money there, put out some ads, but didn't bomb the state, go broke, and have to rely on a win to continue. they looked at it and realized theres so much media and advertising it would be better to wait. then, when the other campaigns don't take him seriously, they don't attack him. so now that they're all broke he can come out of no where and they wont have the money left to go after him.

or at least thats what i hope.

Paul4Prez
01-13-2008, 01:59 AM
is the secret strategy buying a bunch of ads on other stations running during the superbowl in all the super tuesday states? those ads will be dirt cheap, and there's a good chance that dallas will blowout the afc team, so people will start changing channels.

I expect the Cowboys to win big, too, and in the post-game interview, Tony Romo will endorse Ron Paul.

Hook
01-13-2008, 02:06 AM
my impression was to make it seem like the campaign was trying but sucked. they spent some money there, put out some ads, but didn't bomb the state, go broke, and have to rely on a win to continue. they looked at it and realized theres so much media and advertising it would be better to wait. then, when the other campaigns don't take him seriously, they don't attack him. so now that they're all broke he can come out of no where and they wont have the money left to go after him.

or at least thats what i hope.

Well, if they actually intended to look incompetent, they are excellent actors and strategists. They have succeeded beyond imagination.

We need to somehow convince the grassroots to give MASSIVE money to the broadcastfreedom and other grassroot projects so we can at least have some chance of winning this thing.

DrCap
01-13-2008, 02:07 AM
I still say, have faith in the campaign. RP wants the win. If there were major mistakes, heads would roll and tactics would change. Something is probably planned.

Opulen
01-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Let them do their work and let us continue ours. for the win!!!

Hook
01-13-2008, 02:08 AM
I still say, have faith in the campaign. RP wants the win. If there were major mistakes, heads would roll and tactics would change. Something is probably planned.

Again, the bungles in early primaries were pre-planned?

Silverback
01-13-2008, 02:09 AM
The Thompson guys are where I'm seeing all the animosity towards Paul, but the reason why isn't because they're diametrically opposed to him, it's because they believe Paul voters would be Thompson voters if Paul wasn't in the race.

When Fred drops out after his third place finish in SC and endorses McCain, we'll get at least half of his support, possibly more.

I'm seeing it already. There's a last ditch effort to get him back into this thing after the SC debate but when a win doesn't materialize everyone will know he's finished.

This amicus brief on the Heller gun case is going to play very well for us too, it's a shot right through the heart of what's left of the establishment GOPs support.

I hope Paul makes it a major issue.

cien750hp
01-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Again, the bungles in early primaries were pre-planned?

possibly. we should never underestimate dr paul. he's been planning this for a long time and has a knowledge of politics and strategy most of us will never have.

Hook
01-13-2008, 02:14 AM
possibly. we should never underestimate dr paul. he's been planning this for a long time and has a knowledge of politics and strategy most of us will never have.

Well, I think we better still devote SUBSTANTIAL resources to the grassroots projects in case HQ really is fubared. Diversify our portfolio, so to speak.

nbhadja
01-13-2008, 02:27 AM

No offense but you know little about football if you think that. The Colts/Patriots would blowout the Cowboys. Remeber the pats and cowboys played earlier this season, NE 48 Dallas 27.