PDA

View Full Version : NPR Cancelled their debate!! Call them (202) 513-2300

eggnogaddict
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
NPR cancelled their debate, possibly fearing Ron Paul's 1337ness in the debates?? CAll them (202) 513-2300 and protest for them to put the debate back on. Bog down their phone lines everyone!!!

jd603
01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Huh?

Nah no need to do that... stop trolling.

freelance
01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
OP's right.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/npr/

Additional content: I didn't mean to imply that you should call. I was simply documenting that the debate has been canceled with a link.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
McCain probably demanded that RP be excluded again.

eggnogaddict
01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
trolling? wtf? Why not call and protest them? You don't have to say you're a Ron Paul supporter, just tell them to put it back up. Ron Paul dominates the others in debating because he explains more about the economy than "tax cuts...tax cuts...ronald reagan....bush 2001....tax cuts" but everyone thinks Fred Thompson, the racist, won the debate by saying he'll send them to see their 70 (he cant even get the number right) virgins they want so bad?

jd603
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok, well, it doesn't say why they canceled, but if you want to call go ahead, I see it as pointless, waste of grassroots energy, they aren't going to listen to us...

RonPizzle
01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I called and tried to access the comment section, but it said that the employees are currently in a meeting and to try back within a hour.

Taco John
01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Don't call them. They're not obligated to put on a debate. If they want to cancel their debate, I'm sure they've got good reasons to.

People need to use their heads.

jake
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok, well, it doesn't say why they canceled, but if you want to call go ahead, I see it as pointless, waste of grassroots energy, they aren't going to listen to us...

basically :(

eggnogaddict
01-11-2008, 05:57 PM
waste of grass roots energy? Yeah, meanwhile you guys can just roam around this forum doing nothing. You can talk and surf the forums at the same time. I think THAT'S a waste of time to just sit there. it took you more time to respond to this than it would have to dial a number and ask them to put the debate back up and then hang up. 30 seconds, too much to ask?

davidhperry
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
If you want to bother someone, call the other campaigns. I heard that they canceled it because some of the other campaigns backed out, a lot like the PBS debate. They didn't want to have a repeat of that (two or three candidates attending).

RonPaulVolunteer
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
For those not bound to their keyboard and drinking holiday drinks, he meant Ron Paul's elite'ness.

blakjak
01-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Ok, well, it doesn't say why they canceled,

“We had commitments, we had some people whose schedules were fluid, and the ultimate decision was to cancel it,” said Andi Sporkin, a spokeswoman for NPR.

blakjak
01-11-2008, 06:07 PM
NPR cancelled their debate, possibly fearing Ron Paul's 1337ness in the debates?? CAll them (202) 513-2300 and protest for them to put the debate back on. Bog down their phone lines everyone!!!

I think you're confused. They canceled the entire debate - they didn't just exclude Paul. Nothing to protest.

Cache22
01-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I think you're confused. They canceled the entire debate - they didn't just exclude Paul. Nothing to protest.

If Ron Paul and Huckabee, or others decided not to attend the Fox debate due to scheduling, would Fox cancel their debate? At this point we have no idea which candidates in question are the cause of the cancellation, but chances are it is the candidates least likely to have supporters that listen to and/or support NPR.

At this point I think we need to at least get more information from NPR, if they are cancelling simply due to front-runners not wanting to attend, I think that is a big problem. However, if just about every candidate doesn't want to do it, then I can understand. The key here is it doesn't take much time to try to call or contact them requesting more information, then decide if they are making a logical or rash decision. (And for those of us who have offered financial support for NPR over the years, we deserve to know the facts behind this, and express our opinion to NPR once we have those facts. Knowing the simple answer to this will definitely decide for me if I choose to support NPR in the future or not.)

Cache22
01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I did find the official press release on their web site. It doesn't add any further details. Calling so far still results in the same recording that they are at a meeting ... possible though that someone forgot to change the recording and they are gone for the night.

http://www.npr.org/about/press/2008/011008.gopdebate.html

Even if you can't get through, it only takes a minute to fill out the online contact form to ask for further details and transparency regarding the specifics of their decision. Since they are publically funded they owe us that much.

http://www.npr.org/contact/

Information from the local station including contact information:

http://myetv.org/about_etv/pressroom/releases/election_08/NPR_ETV_Debat_Cancelled.cfm

wgadget
01-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Call them and flatter them that you are disappointed because they have historically put on the MOST fair and balanced debates...Which is true, IMO. Remember the Tavis Smiley debate? It was awesome.