PDA

View Full Version : My letter to the Iowans

Sematary
07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
My name is Bob Larkin and I am a volunteer writing to you in support of Congressman Ron Paul, who is running for President of the United States. All I am asking for is an opportunity to share with you why I support Ron Paul and why I hope you will, as well.
Ron Paul is a ten term congressman from Texas who caught my attention because he voted against the ill conceived Patriot Act, The Military Commissions Act and the war in Iraq. He is not one of those candidates who suddenly changed his mind. It was, and is, his belief, that if war in Iraq was necessary, then Congress should have declared war and we should have gone there to win!
I have included a little bit of campaign literature so that you can familiarize yourself with Mr. Paul and his stances on various subjects. I can only say, on my own behalf, that his message of freedom and his firm belief that the Constitution should guide our government are the main reasons I support him.

I would like to invite you to go to Ames, Iowa, on August 11th from 10a.m. to 6 p.m. to listen to Mr. Paul speak and to vote for him in this very important straw poll. You can rsvp at http://www.ronpaul2008.com.

Sincerely,

Bob Larkin

Sematary
07-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Any comments? Should I change anything? I start mailing these tomorrow.

gravesdav
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Very good and personal.

qwerty
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Good one, but i would add also the Iowa MeetUp groups address, if someone would like to be part of the campaign with others.

:cool:

beermotor
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Short and to the point, I think it works well.

Lord Xar
07-24-2007, 11:43 AM
yeah.. I got my 300!!!

Sematary
07-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Good one, but i would add also the Iowa MeetUp groups address, if someone would like to be part of the campaign with others.

What is it?
pm so it doesn't get lost. I have to get ready for work.

Lord Xar
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
actually..... I do have a question.. WHAT RETURN ADDRESS are you people using??? your own or ?

Sematary
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
actually..... I do have a question.. WHAT RETURN ADDRESS are you people using??? your own or ?

Why not use your own AND the campaigns headquarters? Front and Back

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Use your own return address. Why use the campaign's? The letter is you in your own words, nothing to do with the official campaign.

MozoVote
07-24-2007, 03:49 PM
I have a PO Box for most of my mail but I'm putting my street address on these. It's a letter from one American to another, right?

Sematary
07-24-2007, 11:26 PM
I have a PO Box for most of my mail but I'm putting my street address on these. It's a letter from one American to another, right?

I have to use my P.O.
I live to close to the post office to get delivery.

qwerty
07-24-2007, 11:30 PM
What is it?
pm so it doesn't get lost. I have to get ready for work.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

And find there the local meetup group.

so if someone who gets the letter wants to get active, he/she can do it with the local
meetup groups!