PDA

View Full Version : Other

VoteRonPaul2008
01-11-2008, 04:37 PM
How to deal with people you dislike?

I know this is off topic...
Okay so I'm only 21 years old & I live with my parents.. they are having like about a million people over tommorow (their friends) & I have to be home for this dinner party

I can't stand any of them, even the ones that are my age.. but I'm not allowed to bail either

Also I'd rather not be around many people at the moment.. I suffer from iron defficeny so I don't look like I used and I know their very judgemental so I don't want to be criticized

Any advice? Help? Suggestions? anything??? I'm so nervous I know tomorrow is going to be horrible

jondisx
01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
do what i would do, wear a scary mask and just stare at 1 random dude the entire night

Cinci4RP
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Talk to every one of them about Ron Paul, tell them all why you support him.

The ones that don't want to hear it will avoid you and you might convert a few.

Just a thought.

angelatc
01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Drink.

Dave Pedersen
01-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Greet a few politely and disappear. You are 21. Even though you live at your parents' house they do not own you. Stay nice and do what you want.

apc3161
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
That's easy for me to answer considering I pretty much dislike everyone.

Here's what I do.

First, I realize that people have different opinions, and while I might disagree with them on pretty much everything, I've learned to respect their decision, even if I disagree with it. Never be rude to someone because you don't agree with them.

Second, just treat it like "speed dating". Go around to different people, throw out some random sentence regarding something you find interesting and see what their response is. If they seem cool and interested, you might have a cool conversation. If they look weirded out or apathetic, just move on.

I love this approach. The worst that can happen is you don't end up talking to someone, someone who you couldn't probably care less about anyways, but the best result is that you have a good conversation.

For instance go up to someone and say, " Man all of those republicans except Ron Paul piss me off." See how they respond. You might have a good debate or good conversation. The worst that can happen is that they show no interest, and you just move on to someone else.

-edit

If someone judges you on the way you look, well then fuck them. You can't judge people on crap outside of their control. Who cares if you speak your mind to them, they suck, who cares if they don't like you have to say.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm so nervous I know tomorrow is going to be horrible

The first thing you should do is decide differently about that. Expectations matter.

I'm sorry to hear you're a little sick. Did you know that some people purposely make themselves sick so they can get favorable attention? What I'm saying is that people understand when others are dealing with things, so don't worry too much about your situation.

Maybe go out and buy yourself a new shirt to wear if you have the money. Little things like that help me sometimes... it's a little superficial confidence boost.

VoteRonPaul2008
01-11-2008, 06:21 PM
^thanks guys.. these people are horrible, I've been trying to aviod them for awhile.. so I'm just a bit worried about tomorrow because they'll all be in my house

I would try talking to all of them, but they really don't have an interest in me.. ughhhhhhh I wish by some miracle it would get cancelled

VoteRonPaul2008
01-12-2008, 08:45 AM
oh noooooo it's today :(

constitutional
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
oh noooooo it's today :(

What are you so worried about?

The world doesn't stop for anyone.

Do you remember who invented zero? Do you remember his name? It's Aryabhata. I had to look it up to find the answer. No ONE GIVES A SHIT who he was. AND YOU?? A TYPICAL HUMAN is nervous... OF WHAT?!!

Hundrered-two hundered years from now, no one will remember you or anyone here for the matter. And the Earth itself will not even exist at one point in time. Live and let live!! What the HELL ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT? THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND HUMANS! STOP THINKING IT DOES.

Do you remember the lunch you ate two days ago or even yesterday? Really, no one gives a shit.

Just be cool about it. What only matters is you love your parents, they are the ones that care about you and will until their last breath.