PDA

View Full Version : Nice article - "Breakfast With Ron Paul"

ShowMeLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Article on AOL's "Political Machine" about a campaign breakfast in New Hampshire for Ron Paul. This article was written by my all-time favorite author, so if you comment - please be polite. :)

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/01/11/breakfast-with-ron-paul/1#c9793584

ShowMeLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
bump

amy31416
01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint on this piece and posted the following:

If all of those who respect him, but don't support him were to wake up and realize that this is not a horse race and vote their conscience and their intellect--Ron Paul would indeed have a chance!

While I appreciate the author's kind sentiments, publicizing the notion that he "has no chance" is a very underhanded way of knocking his potential support down. And I for one am tired of it, as I believe it is intended to undermine what support he does have. How about a piece that looks at things from the opposite point of view?

ShowMeLiberty
01-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint on this piece and posted the following:

If all of those who respect him, but don't support him were to wake up and realize that this is not a horse race and vote their conscience and their intellect--Ron Paul would indeed have a chance!

While I appreciate the author's kind sentiments, publicizing the notion that he "has no chance" is a very underhanded way of knocking his potential support down. And I for one am tired of it, as I believe it is intended to undermine what support he does have. How about a piece that looks at things from the opposite point of view?

I understand what you're saying. I'm certain the author didn't mean it in that "I want to vote for a winner" way that we hate so much, but I can see how you would read it that way.

Actually, the author, F. Paul Wilson, wrote a novel some years back called AN ENEMY OF THE STATE (http://www.repairmanjack.com/works.htm#lanague) that gave me a huge push toward libertarian thinking. The hero of that novel is a lot like a younger Ron Paul. ;)