PDA

View Full Version : *ALERT* Fred Thompson - Houston July 25th Hobby Airport & Dallas Love Field Airport

V4Vendetta
07-24-2007, 09:02 AM
*ALERT* Fred Thompson - Houston TODAY Hobby Airport & Dallas Love Field Airport

GET OFF YOUR BUTTS, TAKE A VIDEO CAMERA, AND CONFRONT THE CFR PIG ON THE ISSUSES BELOW

He'll be spending the morning in Houston and the afternoon in Dallas.

Texas FredHeads will be getting together at Hobby Airport in Houston at 9:00
am and at Love Field in Dallas at 3:30 pm.

would be a good place to ask him about these issuses.....
================================================
Fred Thompson aided Nixon on Watergate
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19675541/

==========================

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/994013605.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1808671/posts

======================
http://www.chinagatethemovie.com/

The 1996 United States campaign finance controversy was an alleged effort by the People's Republic of China (PRC) to influence domestic American politics prior to and during the Clinton administration and also involved the fund-raising practices of the administration itself.

While questions regarding the U.S. Democratic Party's fund-raising activities first arose over a Los Angeles Times article published on September 21, 1996,[1] the PRC's alleged role in the affair first gained public attention when Bob Woodward and Brian Duffy of The Washington Post published a story stating that a United States Department of Justice investigation into the fund-raising activities had uncovered evidence that agents of the PRC sought to direct contributions from foreign sources to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) before the 1996 presidential campaign. The journalists wrote that intelligence information had shown the PRC Embassy in Washington, D.C. was used for coordinating contributions to the DNC[2] in violation of United States law forbidding non-American citizens or non-permanent residents from giving monetary donations to United States politicians and political parties. A Republican investigator of the controversy stated the Chinese plan targeted both presidential and congressional United States elections, while Democratic Senators said the evidence showed the PRC targeted only congressional elections. The Chinese government denied all accusations.

Twenty-two people were eventually convicted for fraud or for funneling Asian funds into the United States elections. A number of the convictions came against longtime Clinton-Gore friends and political appointees.

Criticism of investigation

In addition to partisian complaints from Republicans, columnists Charles Krauthammer, William Safire, and Morton Kondracke, as well as a number of FBI agents, suggested the investigations into the fund-raising controversies (which some dubbed Chinagate) were willfully impeded.[61][62][63]

FBI agent Ivian Smith wrote a letter to FBI Director Freeh that expressed "a lack of confidence" in the Justice Department's attorneys regarding the fund-raising investigation. He wrote: "I am convinced the team at... [the Department of Justice] leading this investigation is, at best, simply not up to the task... The impression left is the emphasis on how not to prosecute matters, not how to aggressively conduct investigations leading to prosecutions." Smith and three other FBI agents later testified before Congress in late 1999 that Justice Department prosecutors impeded their inquiry. FBI agent Daniel Wehr told Congress that the first head U.S. attorney in the investigation, Laura Ingersoll, told the agents they should "not pursue any matter related to solicitation of funds for access to the president. The reason given was, 'That's the way the American political process works.' I was scandalized by that," Wehr said. The four FBI agents also said that Ingersoll prevented them from executing search warrants to stop destruction of evidence and micromanaged the case beyond all reason.[64]

FBI agents were also denied the opportunity to ask President Clinton and Vice President Gore questions during Justice Department interviews in 1997 and 1998 and were only allowed to take notes. During the interviews, neither Clinton nor Gore were asked any questions about fund-raisers John Huang, James Riady, nor the Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple fund-raising event led by Maria Hsia and attended by John Huang and Ted Sioeng.[65]

[edit] Congressional investigations

[edit] Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs
Senator Fred Thompson (Republican-Tennessee)
Senator Fred Thompson (Republican-Tennessee)

On July 8, 1997, the U.S. Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs began its public hearings into the campaign finance scandal, chaired by Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN).

Opening statements of public hearings from Senate Committee Chairman Senator Fred Thompson:
“ I would like to turn our attention to one of the most troublesome areas of this investigation. I speak of allegations concerning a plan... by the Chinese government and designed to pour illegal money into American political campaigns. The plan had a goal: to buy access and influence in furtherance of Chinese government interests... The committee believes that... Chinese government officials crafted a plan to increase China's influence over the U.S. political process. The committee has identified specific steps taken in furtherance of the plan. Implementation of the plan has been handled by Chinese government officials and individuals enlisted to assist in the effort... Our investigation suggests that the plan continues today. Although most discussions of the plan focuses on Congress, our investigation suggests it affected the 1996 presidential race and state elections as well. The government of China is believed to have allocated substantial sums of money to achieve its objectives. Another aspect of the plan is remarkable because it shows that the PRC is interested in developing long-term relationships with... up and coming government... officials at state and local levels. The intent is to establish relations that can be cultivated as the officials rise through the ranks to higher office.[66] ”
Senator John Glenn (Democrat-Ohio)
Senator John Glenn (Democrat-Ohio)

Opening comments from the Committee's Minority Leader, Senator John Glenn (a Democrat from Ohio):
“ According to the press the Chinese government intended to use a relatively modest amount of money to gain influence in the Washington lobbying game, and it intended to do this by focusing on the legislative branch of government. Now, I mention these reports here because I am greatly concerned about how the reports are sometimes discussed by individuals in this body and in the press. I've heard language like infiltration, foreign spies, foreigners, as we're jeopardizing our national security. Well, on this issue the committee should go just as far as the facts take us, recognizing that it's the FBI that's in a much better position to do an espionage investigation. Now, let's be careful, however, not to jump to conclusions that treason has been committed based on a partial story with ambiguous information. But wherever the trail leads let's look at it.[66] ”

Thomspon suspended the public hearings on October 31, 1997. The Committee's final report was released to the public on March 5, 1998.

[edit] House Government Reform and Oversight Committee
Representative Dan Burton (Republican-Indiana)
Representative Dan Burton (Republican-Indiana)

A United States House of Representatives investigation, headed by Republican Dan Burton, also focused on allegations of campaign finance abuse, including the contributions channeled through Chung, Huang, Trie, et al.

The investigation was lengthy, spanning both the 105th and 106th Congresses, and according to a Democratic report had cost over $7.4 million as of August 31, 1998, making it the most expensive Congressional investigation ever (the Senate Watergate investigation cost $7 million in 1998 dollars).[67]

The investigation itself was controversial, attracting criticism from partisans and moderates. A New York Times editorial in March 1997 characterized the committee's investigation as a "travesty" and a "parody".[68] A Washington Post editorial in April 1997 called the House investigation "its own cartoon, a joke, and a deserved embarrassment".[69]Norman Ornstein, a Congressional expert at the American Enterprise Institute said in May 1998, "Barring some dramatic change, I think the Burton investigation is going to be remembered as a case study in how not to do a congressional investigation and as a prime example of investigation as farce."[70] In a May 5, 1998 letter to other Republicans on the committee, Burton admitted that "mistakes and omissions were made" in tape transcripts released to the public of phone calls made by Webster Hubbell. A committee investigator who was an advocate of releasing the tapes resigned at Burton's request.[71]

[edit] Lack of cooperation

Congressional investigators said that the investigations were hamstrung due to lack of co-operation of witnesses. Ninety-four people either refused to be questioned, pled the Fifth Amendment, or left the country altogether.[40][72]

==================================================

AND THESE ISSUSES

http://www.einnews.com/unitedstates/newsfeed-north-american-union
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGLR%2CGGLR%3A2005-51%2CGGLR%3Aen&q=fred+thompson+cfr
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55776

Mom4Ron
07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Argghhh I wish I didn't have to work!

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 09:19 AM
If someone does this, please do not couple this "confrontation" with campaigning for Ron Paul.

In fact, it seems to me that it would be far better to leave off the confrontation part and just greet him with smiles and Ron Paul for President signs. Hundreds of them!

V4Vendetta
07-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Well, i think he needs to be confronted on the issuses INFRONT of his most loyal supporters.

I agree don't mention Ron Paul if your going to confront him.

But his supporters need to know his stance on many issuses.

If they know the truth they will most likely not support him anymore.

trispear
07-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree with V4Vandetta in my heart, I hate this guy.

But I agree with LibertyEagle in mind. Make Ron Paul look good by campaigning for him. Notice that the good doctor does not turn things personal. Follow his example and put the spotlight on him - not on Fred who will never care nor apologize for what he has done - much like Bush.

V4Vendetta
07-24-2007, 11:39 AM
*bump*

JoshLowry
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I'll be going with another Houston MeetUp member.

Trispear and LE make some good points.

V4Vendetta
07-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Lets get it done people

Spirit of '76
07-25-2007, 06:38 AM
In fact, it seems to me that it would be far better to leave off the confrontation part and just greet him with smiles and Ron Paul for President signs. Hundreds of them!

*BUMP* :)

V4Vendetta
07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
well, is there any news yet about this issue

jblosser
07-25-2007, 10:58 AM
There are around 5 people from DFW going to the Love Field one, hopefully. There were some gas plant explosions in Dallas this morning so I'm not sure how gridlocked that part of the city still is.

JoshLowry
07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
well, is there any news yet about this issue

No, I didn't go this morning. I was going to leave but had to stay here and clean up the forum.

Two other people that I know went and they were going to ask him about his involvement with the CFR and record it. They weren't going as Ron Paul supporters though, just concerned citizens.

V4Vendetta
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
oh ok

nullvalu
07-25-2007, 11:37 AM
hope they're bringing a camera! :P

ChairmanMao
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/07/25/protester-removed-from-fred-thompson-event/
Any idea if this was one of us?

BLS
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/07/25/protester-removed-from-fred-thompson-event/
Any idea if this was one of us?

That's great publicity.:mad:
If you're gonna confront him, be courteous...jeez.

V4Vendetta
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
WE HAVE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!

She mentioned WTC7

That was very bad, she should have left that out.

more people there in the room would have listened

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/07/25/von.thompson.protest.cnn

V4Vendetta
07-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Houston911truth Confronts Fred Thompson.

The Media had no idea what the CFR was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMWGNX7HlI

FULL STORY HERE
http://houston911truth.org/2007/07/25/houston911truth-confronts-fred-thompson-and-greg-abbott-attorney-general-of-texas/

freelance
07-25-2007, 02:29 PM
The Media had no idea what the CFR was.

That's bull.

Many in the media are CFR members.

I printed out a member list back in the 90s, and you wouldn't believe the names on it.

Anyone who's anyone in industry, politics, media and the arts is a member of the CFR. Angelina Jolie was voted on there as a provisional or whatever member right before her movie was released--the one where she played Daniel Pearl's wife. How very interesting is that?

micahnelson
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Every time we say Fred Thompson, we could have said Ron Paul. My .02c