PDA

View Full Version : The time to bury Giuliani is NOW!!!

WaterWine41
01-11-2008, 03:29 PM
His campaign guy was just on MSNBC about an hour ago while I was eating lunch, talking about how the paid staff is temporarily working for free, Giuliani only has $7 million cash on hand!!!

He admitted it! We need a strategy that takes advantage of this weakness of his -- he must not have raised very much last quarter and already spent it.

So, what can we do?

beobeli
01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Donate to Ron Paul. That's what.

frasu
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
DONATE to RP!
we have to avoid getting in a similar situation...

WaterWine41
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Donate to Ron Paul. That's what.

Well that goes without saying, but maybe we should be running a massive damning anti-Giuliani ad in florida... he would be dead in the water

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=83475&highlight=Giuliani

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Well that goes without saying, but maybe we should be running a massive damning anti-Giuliani ad in florida... he would be dead in the water

I think Giuliani will destroy himself along with Thompson. Or, at least I hope.

Come Feb. 5, I think the last men standing will be McCain, Romney and Huck (and Paul of course :) ).

Jobarra
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
CNN's blog entry on it (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87107)

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 03:38 PM

rule #1 do not talk about fight club
rule #2 Do Not Talk About Fight Club!
rule #3 DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85402

Bob Cochran
01-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

I think not. He has received plenty of money but hasn't been able to translate cash into votes.

Supporting Ron Paul makes sense as far as principles go, but he is not going to be President.

It's your money...you wanna waste it, please, go ahead.

rdenner
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
^^^^^

Who the hell pissed in your cheerios?

Did we give up when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor??? HELL NO!!

LET'S GOOOOoooo

Robert

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Stewart_No_writers_needed_to_rip_0109.html

watch at the 6 min mark if you all havent seen this yet......he plugged rp.......

digg also....

http://digg.com/political_opinion/John_Stewart_No_writers_needed_to_rip_Giuliani

fixed time....

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

I think not. He has received plenty of money but hasn't been able to translate cash into votes.

Supporting Ron Paul makes sense as far as principles go, but he is not going to be President.

Thanks for not getting off your ass to support the guy you believe in.

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Also, not sure if anyone else heard it in last night's debate, but Huck admitted being low on money and begged for donations - I laughed my ass off.

slantedview
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

wtf are you doing here if you hold the opinion that ron will not be president, while the rest of us are working to ensure that he is? even if you end up being right, who gives a shit? do you want a cookie or something?

Texan4Life
01-11-2008, 03:52 PM
^^^^^

Robert

LMAO!!

I can't remember, what movie was that from?

smartguy911
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

why are you here?

american.swan
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
^^^^^

LET'S GOOOOoooo

Robert

News Flash: Germany, not Japan, bombed Pearl Harbor Hawaii on December 7th 1941.

StrikerV
01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Excuse me ive gone to college 4 years and I know for a FACT

THE GERMANS BOMBED TEH PEARL HARBOURS

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 03:57 PM
News Flash: Germany, not Japan, bombed Pearl Harbor Hawaii on December 7th 1941.

Don't stop him, he's on a roll :)

moostraks
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Animal House...LOL!!! He knew what he was saying. And no for the record I never watched the movie but DH loves that quote...

walt
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

needs to fire his staff to regain trust and execute.

moostraks
01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
^^^^^

LET'S GOOOOoooo

Robert

Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me?"

ROFL....:D

I'm with you!!!

Dlynne
01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

Ron Paul gets my vote and support. When people ask about my RP bumper sticker, I'll tell them why Paul has my vote.

But no more money from me until there is a campaign shake up and professional help is hired. You are entitled to you opinion, and I am entitled to mine.

And by the way... telling adults to go away because you don't like their hard nosed assessments of reality is a great way to fight for the cause.

Original_Intent
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

Bob,

While I appreciate all of the enthusiastic support you have given in the past, and certainly if you do not believe in doing all that you can going forward based on past results, you should do what you think best. But I don't think discouraging others from doing whatever they can is productive to either the cause of getting Ron Paul elected OR promoting the message.

If people lose heart and need to leave or choose to quit financially supporting RP - if you still BELIEVE in the Ron Paul message please do us all a favor and just leave without trying to take others out the door with you.

This is not meant as a personal attack on you at all Bob, you have been a stalwart supporter and I respect your decision.

LivingFree
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

Go spam your Forex scheme elsewhere.

Dieseler
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Lol, actually it was the Japanese.
But they were working in concert at the time.
Donate to Dr. Paul. He needs the cash to unleash the master plan.

billyjoeallen
01-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Animal House is a classic.

"The rumors of my death have been greatly exagerated."- Mark Twain

bcreps85
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Keep donating money, keep recruiting people to vote and help spread the word, and also do what was suggested on another post here about the newspaper ads, here is the link for that http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75102. We have a huge internet presence, but grams and gramps(except mine :) don't know yet. We need to gain support off of the internet as well.

Secondly, I think that we need to be getting the word out about the other candidates faults, and USE them as we are trying to convince new voters. A good example is last night on the debates when 9u1a1ni basically stereotyped ALL muslims as Osama Bin Laden in response to one of Ron Paul's answers. Does America want a racist president? Slam these guys, but only on good defensible points. The beauty of Ron is that he has such a solid record they really can't attack him on things like past corruption, racism(Fix News didn't bring it up last night because he had already successfully set the record straight earlier...it would have just made them look like idiots since he was already prepared with an answer).

Last, STOP BEING OBNOXIOUS(you know who you are). We need to appear polished and educated, not like stupid little twits throwing snowballs (though these assholes certainly deserve it in many cases). THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT, FOR US TO DISCREDIT OURSELVES! Think about it...they have been trying to discredit us, and it has gained us popularity...now they are just going to sit back and take cheap shots hoping that we do it for them.

And just as a thought I've been wanting to get out there...I wish Paul had asked everyone else last night why it seemed like their loyalties lied with Israel more than America...aren't they running to be the AMERICAN president?

Good luck everyone!

P.S. As a side note, as I was growing up and heard on numerous occasions that "the revolution will not be televised", I never knew what it really meant. Now I do.

vertesc
01-11-2008, 04:31 PM

You're entitled to your opinion about that. I think Paul had half the run up to NH and IA that the other candidates had, and pulling 10% is pretty impressive in essentially one quarter of advertising. Hell, not even one quarter.

Paul is a very experienced campaigner. Remember that he's won 10 times, by increasing margins... even when the GOP president (Bush Sr.) endorsed his Democratic opponent. This guy knows what he's doing as well as anyone.

But I digress. Basically there are two possibilities here:
1) the campaign is brilliant and saved their money for big tuesday. In this case, not donating hurts their big brilliant power play for said tuesday.

2) the campaign is stupid and blew their money on ineffective advertising. In this case... not donating still hurts their power on big tuesday. Even ineffective ads are better than no ads.

Basically, if you really believe that Paul is the right direction for this country, you should put your effort into getting him elected. And a big part of that is money. If you don't trust the campaign to spend it well, then by all means buy signs and put them up yourself, or donate to the chipins for projects you think are worthy. But withholding your money completely because "he just won't win" is a self-fulfilling prophecy, and you know it... or you wouldn't have joined this forum in the first place, or have worked as hard as you already have.

Given that you think Paul SHOULD lead the country, you should do what you can to help make that happen, no matter what you think of the odds.

BillyFromPhilly
01-11-2008, 04:34 PM
LMAO!!

I can't remember, what movie was that from?

LOL< Animal House!!

dmp78
01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Donate to Ron Paul?

bob cochran = frank luntz

Kingfisher
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
We want them all to stay in till the end, to split up the non Ron Paul votes.

dante
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
We want them all to stay in till the end, to split up the non Ron Paul votes.

NO we don't. We need it to get down to one to two others so Ron can stand out from the pack better.