PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul could win---from AC.

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
A good article from AC:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/535109/republican_presidential_candidate_ron.html

Also, dig it:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Republican_Presidential_Candidate_Ron_Paul_Could_W in

This just might point towards the "secret strategy" that has been rumored on the forums.

I think part of it is, as the article points out, that this is a race of attrition. With no clear front runner, the question remains: who can stay in the race with money to draw from until Feb 5?

If Ron Paul still has lots of money in the back leading up to Feb 5th (this is up to us), and he can blanket the early states with ads while the others don't have the funds for it, it may change everything. It will also be necessary to do well in some of the upcoming primaries (all we would really need to do is win ONE primary).

Of course, this is all speculation. But, what is without doubt, is that WE have to keep the donations flowing if such a strategy is to succeed.

PimpBlimp
01-11-2008, 03:26 PM
+1

Drknows
01-11-2008, 03:26 PM
great article!

dugg

sirachman
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
bump

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Further support of this theory from the forums:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87122

acptulsa
01-11-2008, 03:29 PM
A summary: Our plan is working, and will keep working, provided we keep working!

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Strategy question related to this subject:

Would it be better to put more resources in one state so that we can try to get a victory before Feb. 5, or spread resources around so that we can continue to do well in multiple states (even if we don't win a state)?

improv241
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
wrong. doesn't matter how much Ron pumps into the early states. A large portion of the people hate political ads... it's the MSM that they pay attention to.

Ron needs to get into the MSM with FAVORABLE ideals to win. It takes time.

His best strategy is to disrupt the GOP election so much that the GOP will either implode or elect him.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
bump

acptulsa
01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Would it be better to put more resources in one state so that we can try to get a victory before Feb. 5, or spread resources around so that we can continue to do well in multiple states (even if we don't win a state)?

The main thing is to mobilize the widespread grassroots so that February 5 is a very good day for us. That said, I think one outright win would be the best thing, as it will make it impossible for the MSM to exclude him from any debate, refuse to say how well he did in any state or continue to label him fringe or unelectable.

The problem is, which state? Better to put out the maximum effort in all of them and see where lightning strikes, because anything else is too big a gamble.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
The key to doing well in this thing is better ads. The ads have been a disgrace so far. We need to focus on the economy and war.

freelance
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
You guys DO know that AC isn't a media outlet, don't you?

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
A huge bump up in the polls will do wonders. Just I don't know how we'll do that.

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 06:39 PM
wrong. doesn't matter how much Ron pumps into the early states. A large portion of the people hate political ads... it's the MSM that they pay attention to.

Ron needs to get into the MSM with FAVORABLE ideals to win. It takes time.

His best strategy is to disrupt the GOP election so much that the GOP will either implode or elect him.

He can only disrupt the GOP election if he does well in the primaries---not necessarily winning them, but doing well and beating out other "front runners". To do this, he needs to get is name out there. Since the media will not do it, he must do it through grassroots and advertising.

The point is, your strategy requires ads for it to be successful. The question is, what is the best way to advertise? Mailers, tv, radio, grassroots organizations? And were to we focus our efforts? Feb 5? Nevada? Michigan? Or just try to get top three in most primaries?

Regarding the media...they will never give Ron Paul a fair shake. The only way he will even be mentioned is if he does well. Again, this will take ads. It is a chicken and egg problem.

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Mark my Words, the secret strategy will kick in after South Carolina, since SC is the turning point for Romney, Thompson, Mccain, and Huckabee it would be wise tolet them goa llin and SC and the got nuts after

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
The key to doing well in this thing is better ads. The ads have been a disgrace so far. We need to focus on the economy and war.

I agree. If I saw the ads for Ron Paul without knowing who he is, I would not look twice at him.

The ads come off as the same old republican propaganda that everyone spews.

Ron Paul needs to differentiate himself like he did in the debates last night. Point out the flaws in the neocon philosophy, attack the other GOP candidates, and make it known in no uncertain terms that he will end the war, protect civil liberties and reduce the size of the government.

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Mark my Words, the secret strategy will kick in after South Carolina, since SC is the turning point for Romney, Thompson, Mccain, and Huckabee it would be wise tolet them goa llin and SC and the got nuts after

I agree that we let them go at it in SC and tear each other apart. If Huck wins hopefully Thompson is gone and all the other candidates will tear into Huck with renewed vigor.

Also, Michigan should change the game a lot. If McCain wins, that will solidify his status (which I think is bad) but Romney might drop out (which is good). If Romney wins it will reduce the appeal of McCain (which is good), but Romney will stay in the race.

Paul4Prez
01-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Here's my take on why Ron Paul is still the most viable Republican candidate:

http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2008/01/why-ron-paul-is-most-viable-republican.html

The mainstream media's own bias keeps them from seeing what should be obvious to an objective observer -- Ron Paul is in the best financial shape of any of the Republicans, and has the strongest grassroots network. That network may have experienced some growing pains in Iowa and New Hampshire, but success stories and lessons learned can be quickly communicated across the Internet, to supporters in new states.