PDA

View Full Version : O’Reilly: Fox Vandalized, Attacked (blames far-left)

romeshomey
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM
O’Reilly: Fox Vandalized, Attacked

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:10 PM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size

Bill O’Reilly says all Fox News employees are now “cautious” after several run-ins during coverage of the New Hampshire primary that were fueled by “anti-Fox hatred.”

In his syndicated column out this week, O’Reilly described attacks on Fox that border on violence.

“I saw the anti-Fox hatred first-hand when I traveled to New Hampshire. Fox News vehicles have been vandalized; FNC reporters cursed; and all Fox News personnel are cautious,” the cable news star writes.

O’Reilly also detailed in his column an encounter he had at a Barack Obama rally, which was aired on “The O’Reilly Factor.” O’Reilly described an Obama staffer’s attempt to block his camera crew “a blatant assault on press freedom.”

O’Reilly says the anger towards Fox is due to the network’s ratings success, which has created “a bitterness unprecedented in the U.S. press.

“So it comes as no surprise that Fox News, which gives equal time to conservative thought, is despised by many in the liberal press."

O’Reilly said that Democratic presidential candidates have refused to take part in debates sponsored by Fox News because “the far-left Web crazies told them to do it. Sites like the Daily Kos and Media Matters made it clear to the Democrats that anyone dealing with Fox would be punished.”

O’Reilly added: “Note that the GOP candidates haven’t played that game, appearing on ultra-liberal MSNBC and every other news network.”

MSNBC has also been in O’Reilly’s crosshairs.

Parent company GE was featured on "The O’Reilly Factor" Thursday night, including allegations the conglomerate went easy on the bin Laden family after the Sept. 11 attacks. GE has done business with the bin Laden family.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/fox_vandalized/2008/01/11/63628.html?s=al&promo_code=42D4-1

Bob Spruill
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
They should be advised that it is not only the Left that hates them nowadays.

The genuinely conservative Right hates them also, as do we libertarians.

A few months ago, Fox was the only news channel I watched, now, I will never watch them again, and will do whatever I legally can to cause them harm.

Mortikhi
01-11-2008, 03:39 PM

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Please no one do anything stupid or illegal in the name of Ron Paul!

Thanehand
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
If O'Reilly really thinks the anger is because of ratings success, then he truly is an idiot.

Try:

* Treating people like crap
* Manipulating elections
* PRESENTING OPINION AS FACT

amberj
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
"O’Reilly says the anger towards Fox is due to the network’s ratings success, which has created “a bitterness unprecedented in the U.S. press. "

Is this kind of like "they hate us because we are free and prosperous"? Yeah, it doesn't make much sense in this context either...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
If O'Reilly really thinks the anger is because of ratings success, then he truly is an idiot.

They still think the terrorists attack us because we're rich and free. So obviously, logic is entirely lost on these people.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Ironic he says people hate them because of the press... lol!

fedup100
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
O’Reilly: Fox Vandalized, Attacked

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:10 PM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size

Bill O’Reilly says all Fox News employees are now “cautious” after several run-ins during coverage of the New Hampshire primary that were fueled by “anti-Fox hatred.”

In his syndicated column out this week, O’Reilly described attacks on Fox that border on violence.

“I saw the anti-Fox hatred first-hand when I traveled to New Hampshire. Fox News vehicles have been vandalized; FNC reporters cursed; and all Fox News personnel are cautious,” the cable news star writes.

O’Reilly also detailed in his column an encounter he had at a Barack Obama rally, which was aired on “The O’Reilly Factor.” O’Reilly described an Obama staffer’s attempt to block his camera crew “a blatant assault on press freedom.”

O’Reilly says the anger towards Fox is due to the network’s ratings success, which has created “a bitterness unprecedented in the U.S. press.

“So it comes as no surprise that Fox News, which gives equal time to conservative thought, is despised by many in the liberal press."

O’Reilly said that Democratic presidential candidates have refused to take part in debates sponsored by Fox News because “the far-left Web crazies told them to do it. Sites like the Daily Kos and Media Matters made it clear to the Democrats that anyone dealing with Fox would be punished.”

O’Reilly added: “Note that the GOP candidates haven’t played that game, appearing on ultra-liberal MSNBC and every other news network.”

MSNBC has also been in O’Reilly’s crosshairs.

Parent company GE was featured on "The O’Reilly Factor" Thursday night, including allegations the conglomerate went easy on the bin Laden family after the Sept. 11 attacks. GE has done business with the bin Laden family.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/fox_vandalized/2008/01/11/63628.html?s=al&promo_code=42D4-1

Oh, I just had to read that again......I mean I feel all tingly all over and a bit lite headed, I mean maybe even joyous........in a good way I mean. Not sure how to describe it, I guess just...... paybacksabitchgasm!:p:p:p

FrankRep
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
A lesson in BLOWBACK?

tmg19103
01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah, those Fox News vans were terribly vandalized with the Ron Paul bumper stickers put on the back bumper.

Valis33
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Yea, that's why CNN is now beating Fox in ratings.

Notice no actions like this towards CNN.