PDA

View Full Version : I can't help but think there is something we need to do

rbmcdonald
01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
can't help but think there is something we need to do to counter the racist crap and jump start the campaign. I am a precinct captain and working hard locally in Travis County, but we need to do something nationally.

How about rather than marches across the country on Jan 21, we have one big march, in a central location. Kansas City probably is the most central "bigger" city. Chicago, while further north is pretty central, and would have better flights for those that can fly, also has good Amtrac connection (the contradiction here is not lost on me).

What would it take to make a real statement, that could not be ignored? Would 50K marching in one spot do it? Would it take 100K marchers to fire off a "shot heard around the world"?

Putting that into perspective, if you use 300MM as the US Population, then 100K would be .0333% or 1/300 of a percent.

Travis county has a little less than 1MM people, so that would mean on a proportional basis, a little over 300 people would have to show up from Travis County. That would be difficult. Doable, but difficult. 150 would be much easier, but not sure if 50K would have enough impact? Well, I would pledge to be there with at least 3 others. 4 down, 99,994 to go. What do people think?

I am in until the end. In addition, I am not ready to give up believing it is doable. We just need something, something to show people how serious we are, to get them to listen to the message. We can’t change who and what the National campaign is, we can’t change who and what the two major parties are, but we can raise $6MM in one day and we can put a blimp in the air. There is has to be something we can do to get people to listen to us.

Indy Vidual
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Bump

fedup100
01-11-2008, 03:12 PM
How about a billboard that shows the pic of Paul with Rosa parks that says: "As your President, I would pardon all that are currently in prison on non-violent drug charges"

You better believe, that would get the blacks attention and it would give Paul their vote.

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=1203

rbmcdonald
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Still feel this way, but do feel better. I love being able to tell people that in the first three contests combined, Ron Paul has recieved 30K MORE votes than both Thompson and Giuliani (this dude needs to change is name to Smith).

freelance
01-16-2008, 09:44 AM
It's not up to us. We did NOT publish the newsletter. We did NOT write the articles. We did NOT edit the newsletter.

We had NOTHING to do with this.

The turnaround moment needs to come from on high.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey if you're doing canvassing you're doing the real work of the campaign.

Don't focus on things you have no control over, it will only discourage you from what you can control.