PDA

View Full Version : Need help in AZ this weekend - Super Tuesday state

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I received this yesterday:

Arizona early ballots will be mailed out starting today and tomorrow, and Maricopa County alone will be mailing out 240,000.

We need to personally call each and every one of these voters to ask for their vote. This is like calling somebody while they're standing in the voting booth, and to reach everyone we need more help!

If you have any time available between now and next Monday, January 14, please send an email to azballotchasers@gmail.com with your name and how many hours you can volunteer. An Arizona win is within our reach, and we need your help!

Andre Campos
Arizona Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

We don't have many folks that are actually willing to pick up the phone and do the work. For those of you with free long distance on the weekend, please join up and help.

When you are finished reading this, please bump for action for this weekend. Thank you.

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Things are moving down very quickly on this board. It is 1:45 pm MST in AZ right now. Please keep this bumped until this evening.

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow, not one person is even willing to type bump?

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok, now I am going to rant against YOU the grassroots. I put this vital piece of information up a while ago and not one person has bothered to bump it up. Arizona is a Super Tuesday state. All of you whiners out there crying about why Ron Paul isn't doing better - well, it is because of YOU. Yes, YOU, reading this right now.

Not only has no one agreed to help win a major state where the Ron Paul Revolution BEGAN, where Ron Paul might have more supporters per capita than any other state, where Ron Paul has more meetup groups in one city than most of you have in the state, but NOT ONE PERSON has bothered to type the word bump.

If you are all that apathetic then Ron Paul doesn't have a chance.

Shame on YOU.

Sarge
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Bump,

Just picked up on your post. We should be getting the ballots shortly then. I have been debating how best to handle it. ie take the ballot to the poll. Make a copy and have it witnessed, or mail it in along with making a copy of the ballot and having it witnessed. Any thoughts?

The mods need to put a sticky on this right away. 240K votes are big. Need a major bump here.

CriticalThinker
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow, not one person is even willing to type bump?

bump

<sorry>

From Northern Az - :) - Not alot of us - but we exist

burningfur
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
bump

Sarge
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
AZ,

I just got a mailer from the State of AZ and they are looking for paid poll workers.

You know what to do, before the rest do it. Man I wish I wasn't in so much pain or I would do it.

Contact 602-506-1511 or visit web site www.recorder.maricopa.gov Stack the poll workers.

hopeforamerica
01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow, thanks for posting this! So far we only have 125 volunteers to call. That sounds great, but we have approx 500,000 calls to make! So if you have unlimited cell phone minutes, send an email to azballotchasers@gmail.com

Thanks!
Kelly in AZ

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 09:45 PM
So, is anyone willing to help?

hopeforamerica
01-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Just got one volunteer, I'm assuming from the forums! Thanks!!! Anyone else?

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 10:00 PM
If you are willing to help Ron Paul win, please type the word bump.

Please don't tell me there is only one person in seven hours that is willing to help Ron Paul win.

Edu
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Blimp

And MODS - why isn't there a "Winning Arizona" section?

Who and where can you get the phone information, and not to be negative, who would give out their phone number like that and does that mean they are asking to be called by a campaign?

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 10:24 PM
You get the phone information from the Republican party. I have been calling people for months. If you are polite, many will listen to you. Hiding this vital info in an AZ section is not the answer. So far 88 people have viewed this thread and only 6 people have been willing to bump this up.

Only one has been willing to help.

Forget the stupid blimp and do some real work! I am starting to see why Ron Paul hasn't got a chance in hell. All we have here are a bunch of whiners who aren't willing to do a damn thing to help him.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2008, 10:32 PM
bump --- This is important, folks.

masterchef876
01-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Bump. How can I get the free long distance?

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Get the right plan from your cell phone provider.

the_oco
01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
bump

Knut Schreiber
01-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Thank you for your efforts, Cyclone. There always has to be someone to start and wake the others up.

burningfur
01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
bump

Agent CSL
01-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Out of state calls are allowed, yes? I have a cell phone with $25 on it, might be able to get through 20 or so numbers (less if people want to talk).

Two things depending:
#1 - If its legal for out of staters to call for a different state's election.
#2 - If my battery / money / reception holds out.

I'm willing to help but I'm unsure.

Airborn
01-12-2008, 07:15 AM
bump

Edu
01-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Forget the stupid blimp and do some real work! I am starting to see why Ron Paul hasn't got a chance in hell. All we have here are a bunch of whiners who aren't willing to do a damn thing to help him.

Blimp!

(stop whining, I just bumped / blimped your thread, again)
I love the Blimp idea! I love the "Flipper" guy's idea! It is "real work"! Get creative!

extrmmxer
01-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Blimp

szczebrzeszyn
01-12-2008, 09:49 AM
we need an auto-bump feature.

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 10:03 AM
bump

manny
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
bump

Thanks for your efforts cyclone

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 10:53 AM
bump

Dorfsmith
01-12-2008, 10:58 AM

Arizona early ballots will be mailed out starting today and tomorrow, and Maricopa County alone will be mailing out 240,000.

We need to personally call each and every one of these voters to ask for their vote. This is like calling somebody while they're standing in the voting booth, and to reach everyone we need more help!

If you have any time available between now and next Monday, January 14, please send an email to azballotchasers@gmail.com with your name and how many hours you can volunteer. An Arizona win is within our reach, and we need your help!

Andre Campos
Arizona Coordinator

We don't have many folks that are actually willing to pick up the phone and do the work. For those of you with free long distance on the weekend, please join up and help.

When you are finished reading this, please bump for action for this weekend. Thank you.

Andre's phone number is public information on Ron Paul's website. If you have questions don't wait for an email response. Give him a call:

Dorfsmith
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Bump

sgrooms
01-12-2008, 11:57 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 12:38 PM
bump

Dorfsmith
01-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Andre Campos
Arizona Coordinator

Bump

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 01:07 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 01:13 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
bump

AEMsupra
01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
bump

Dorfsmith
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Sounds like we need more volunteers. Andre just sent me this message:

Phone calls, phone calls and more phone calls.

Elisha, phone banking is what needs to be done to the exclusion of all else. 240 THOUSAND ballots were mailed in Maricopa and more go out every day. We need to call every early ballot recipient to ask for their vote.

Have everyone send an email to AZballotchasers@gmail.com with how many hours on each day they can volunteer.

Talk to you soon,
Andre

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I thought they needed the calls made by Today? Are they still going? If so, tell me when and I can edit my original post.

Edu
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Blimp
Cyclone, you are right, talking directly to people is the best way. A lot of people don't understand the limited time since a lot of States moved things up, and they don't understand about the caucus / primary stuff.
Lots of people are disenfranchised and are just waiting to vote for the lesser of two same-sames.
Ron Paul gives them reason to pay attention and do some research, and maybe vote in a primary.
BTW: A lot of the call phone plans are free after 9PM so it may not be reasonable for people out of your area to call. If you find a plan you might want to tell people about it.