PDA

View Full Version : How to vote from abroad

rrcamp
07-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi everyone. I live and work in the Czech Republic, and I would like to know if anyone out there has experience or knowledge regarding voting while living abroad. I would like to vote in the primaries also if possible. Thanks

foofighter20x
07-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Are you near the Embassy or a Consulate?

Go there and see the Marines. They should have a voting assistance officer. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out. There are more there to make sure the Marines there can vote, but I'm sure if they can't help you they can get you the information for who can.

Edit: Better yet, go here (http://www.travel.state.gov/law/info/info_2964.html).

rrcamp
07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Sorry, I'm civilian. I've been here around 15 months now on work visa - no perm residence or anything.

foofighter20x
07-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Try the link I added above...

rrcamp
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Done. That was easier than I thought (of course, we'll see if I get the ballots). Thanks!

Dan Klaus
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
contact the CLO (Community Liasion Officer) of your local Embassy..you can call..

or go to the Embassy Consular section during the specified times they take care of American services..no problem if you are registered to vote - they will give you an absentee ballot and you can mail it in...

Good luck..