PDA

View Full Version : Larry Elder Show today: Discussing newsletters, call in.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
The Larry Elder Show will be discussing the newsletters today, call in.

Not sure where this guy stands as he "says" he is a libertarian, but he seems to support the war.

www.larryelder.com

Shatterhand
01-11-2008, 12:55 PM
The Larry Elder Show will be discussing the newsletters today, call in.

Not sure where this guy stands as he "says" he is a libertarian, but he seems to support the war.

www.larryelder.com

Would this be considered part of Operation Call 4 Paul? :)

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Would this be considered part of Operation Call 4 Paul? :)

no... hehehe

He is on KABC 790am (your affiliate may be different)

CALL TOLL FREE 1-800-222-KABC - 1-800-222-5222
3 p.m. to 7 p.m -- today

He will be talking about Ron Paul and his newsletters. Can we get some intelligent call ins. And possible mention FOX's censorship of the debate.

fedup100
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Larry Elder is known as the "black avenger". Most blacks hate him, he is a true conservative and does not back black just because he is black, it could go either way.

ronpaulitician
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
He was a libertarian for a long time.

Then he registered with the Republican Party to "try and change it from the inside". He still leans libertarian on some issues, but has definitely been changed by the GOP.

I used to listen to him every day on my drive home. Work hours changed, so can't tune in to his show anymore.

When my wife called me yesterday to tell me that Larry said he didn't talk about Ron Paul a lot because he was "insignificant" I told her "I bet he talks about Thompson and Giuliani." She didn't know. Then I said, "What will he be talking about? Let me guess... the newsletters."

ronpaulitician
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Larry Elder is known as the "black avenger". Most blacks hate him, he is a true conservative and does not back black just because he is black, it could go either way.
Correct. He doesn't use the race card. He's very critical of Sharpton and Jackson. Often called "Uncle Tom" by black callers who happen to disagree with him on an issue.

He's very much in support of the war on terror though.

I expect him to be very critical of Paul. He won't believe that Paul wrote the comments, but I think he will believe that Paul mishandled the issue. I bet he'll want Paul to name names. I bet he'll want Paul to disassociate himself from the comments more strongly.

familydog
01-11-2008, 03:44 PM
As far as I know he supports the war and a lot of other foriegn policy escapades we go on. Domestically he is pretty libertarian it seems.

ronpaulitician
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
As far as I know he supports the war and a lot of other foriegn policy escapades we go on. Domestically he is pretty libertarian it seems.
Agree.

When I was still in support of the Iraq invasion (and the "war" on terror in general), there were few issues on which I disagree with Larry Elder.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
well.. don't forget to call.

Karsten
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Larry Elder has been resonably nice to Ron Paul before. He thanks him for his strong economic libertarianism. He does support the war, however, yet he doesn't hate Ron Paul for that.

That said, anything can happen today.

Shatterhand
01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Dr. Paul should call in!

That would be pretty funny. :eek:

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Dr. Paul should call in!

That would be pretty funny. :eek:

I agree. But Jesse probably told him that all is good and nothing is going on...

deedles
01-11-2008, 04:25 PM
So what happened? Is it over..?

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 04:28 PM
So what happened? Is it over..?

3-7 PST.

Just prepping people to call in..

Shatterhand
01-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree. But Jesse probably told him that all is good and nothing is going on...

:D

ronpvoter
01-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Here is a link to listen online: http://www.kabc.com/home.asp

Hopefully you'll be able to click on LISTEN LIVE and hear the show. He will come on after Hannity.

wildflower
01-11-2008, 05:09 PM
blimp!

Intelligent and articulate people, please call in!

Karsten
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Awesome a Ron Paul commerical just played during this show!!

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Awesome a Ron Paul commerical just played during this show!!

which one? the stealth fighers one? his being hard on terrorism one?

Karsten
01-11-2008, 05:52 PM
which one? the stealth fighers one? his being hard on terrorism one?

It said Ron Paul is Hope for America, join us, thousands already have...

I never knew Larry Elder was a liberal on immigration, though. That's all they're talking about so far.

wildflower
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I haven't heard the topic discussed yet. But I think I heard him say that it was coming up.

Karsten
01-11-2008, 07:13 PM
OK. Larry Elder is totally ranting against Ron Paul. Elder believes Paul actually wrote it.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
OK. Larry Elder is totally ranting against Ron Paul. Elder believes Paul actually wrote it.

what a prick. I sent him an email referring him to Ron's responses..

Nobody is calling in?

What a fucking ass.... (excuse my language).

MsDoodahs
01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Elder is part of the establishment. His JOB is to destroy Ron.

I don't know why y'all expect anything different out of these clowns.

mrkurtz
01-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Call in is 1800 222 KABC

Please acknowledge that the content of the newsletters are vile, but note to him that RP has acknowledged the mistake in not monitoring it more closely.

Strategy should be that the libertarian message (which Larry Elder used to defend vehemantly) means there is no collectivism, the root of racist policies.

ronpaulitician
01-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Get used to it, because unless Paul goes after this newsletter story hard, this will become the norm.

Sandy
01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Get used to it, because unless Paul goes after this newsletter story hard, this will become the norm.

Agree, and I think that is what he needs to do.

ronpaulitician
01-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Agree, and I think that is what he needs to do.
It doesn't even have to involve outing anyone (not that Paul could, because he doesn't know who wrote the articles), but he needs to show that he really, really, REALLY didn't like what was in the articles, and explain what he has done to find out who wrote the articles (even if he failed at it).

Sandy
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Elder is part of the establishment. His JOB is to destroy Ron.

I don't know why y'all expect anything different out of these clowns.

It takes time to for people to realize this. Friends, if he was a true libertarian he would know RP is the one and only choice and wouldn't be doing this!! He's been compromised, no doubt about it.

ronpaulitician
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
It takes time to for people to realize this. Friends, if he was a true libertarian he would know RP is the one and only choice and wouldn't be doing this!! He's been compromised, no doubt about it.
We're not going to win without liberally applying honey.

wildflower
01-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Someone is talking now...

good caller!!

deehrler
01-11-2008, 07:55 PM
We need to produce the writers of those statements and have them explain that they did so without RP's knowledge, permission or endorsement. In this internet age, that should not be hard to do.

Have our enemies already found them?

I expected things to get nasty if RP had any signs of life and they have. But RP's response so far has been very timid. This is a serious matter that could ruin everything to date. I would have hoped that he has had enough experience with this issue to extinguish it quickly. He is not getting across forcefully.

I am listening to this on KABC radio and was listening to KFI earlier. I heard a few RP commercials, but I can't recall which station, maybe both. It makes me sick to see our money supporting programs that trash us.

I believe strongly in boycotting these bastard's advertisers. To see us as one of them makes me sick.