PDA

View Full Version : Iran Issue In The Debate Was Bs

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I think the IRAN issue in the debate was BS.

If you remeber exactly what happen. Ron Pual stated that the other candidates were being a little too hasty, and were ready to go to war. Brit Hume the moderator stated to Ron Paul, “what are you arguing for all other candidates supported being passive”, but my question is how passive is it when Giuliani and the rest of the candidates essentially said that they supported Bush’s statement of “Iran better watch out or else”, or else what? We go to war? That’s not passive that’s threatening.

So in my opion Ron Paul was dead on with his statements based on what everyone was saying and of course Fox news tried to make him look like an idiot. When I think maybe it was Brit Hume that wasn't paying attention.

acptulsa
01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Ron Paul's statement that this was like the Gulf of Tonkin incident got laughed at by the neocons, but other prominent people are saying the same thing today. It seems to me that the Iranian Republican Guard and the U.S. Republican old guard are both all for escalation.

Thank God for the professionalism of the officers and sailors of that squadron, or else they'd both be getting what they want!

Dr. Paul's position on avoiding a repeat of the Gulf of Tonkin is not only a respectable position, it's fast becoming the respectable position!

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Not even Thompson agreed with Hume about the passivness about the topic. Listen carfaully during that topic.

Itzsoez
01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
hackabee wanted to send them to "the gates of hell" and doppy (fred) wanted to introduce them to their 72 virgins.

what debate was hume watching?

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
hackabee wanted to send them to "the gates of hell" and doppy (fred) wanted to introduce them to their 72 virgins.

what debate was hume watching?

Exacly my point... and hume had enough nerve to say "they all supported being passive, What are arguing about Ron Paul?" Sounded like they wanted to go to war to me...