PDA

View Full Version : Help BJ LAWSON Raise $300K by January 31st!

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
HELP BJ LAWSON RAISE $300K BY JANUARY 31ST

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/img/img1.jpg

Friends and Patriots,

I am writing you today to ask for your help.

As you know, there's a rEVOLution going on in this country and it's much bigger than Ron Paul. It's a movement -- a movement based around the concept of liberty and restoring our Constitution. While electing Ron Paul the next President of the United States is of paramount importance to the movement, and I'd even argue the centerpiece of the movement, it is also important that we elect the right people to Congress. That is key to changing this country.

We need more members of Congress who will actually follow the Constitution and we need to support pro-liberty candidates and Ron Paul Republicans currently running for Congress as part of our rEVOLution.

With that said, allow me to introduce you to BJ Lawson, pro-liberty candidate running for Congress in North Carolina's 4th District:

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/profile5/1071/78/n740694890_1183.jpg

BJ is a husband and father of three. Like Ron Paul he graduated from Duke University Medical School. In 2001 he started his own medical software company, MercuryMD.

He is also, like all of us, an adamant Ron Paul supporter and was Coordinator for the Triangle Ron Paul Meet-Up Group.

His platform is based around peace, prosperity and liberty. He supports economic and health care freedom. He supports bringing our troops home from Iraq and a non-interventionist foreign policy. He supports eliminating the IRS and sound money.

When I first met BJ it was at his home and I was instantly impressed by him. I can't think of the last time I felt more welcome in someones home as he made me feel. The people who were also there were and are patriots, no question about it, and I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to now know each and every one of them.

Inside and outside his home screamed "liberty lover." Outside there was a Ron Paul yard in clear view. Inside there was a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" on the coffee table.

I'd ask you to just take a moment to go to his official website and see where he stands. I'd recommend reading his blog, his issues page and also his explanation for why he's running for Congress, which follows:

My name is B.J. Lawson, and I am running for Congress as a Republican to restore a Constitutional federal government. Washington must balance its budget, stop serving corporate interests, and allow us to prosper as free, entrepreneurial Americans instead of dividing us into special interest groups that fight each other for government handouts.

Big government inevitably becomes a tool for corporate and special interests instead of a guardian of individual liberty. Today, big government has given us significant problems: rising food prices, jobs going overseas, illegal immigration, porous borders, failing education, war and occupation, foreign oil addiction, unsustainable entitlement spending, and a crushing debt burden. Since our bloated bureaucracy caused these problems, more bureaucracy cannot solve them. Instead, we need a smaller federal government that is focused on its Constitutional responsibilities.

It's time for us to come together as free Americans and restore prosperity and liberty. While we are in a challenging position, we can change our direction by realizing our future success does not come from begging a bankrupt federal government for help. Our success as America comes from your potential as a free American to help yourself, and your fellow citizens. Freedom isn't free — it requires a lot of hard work. But liberty is priceless.

I hope you'll agree that we need more people like BJ Lawson in Congress, and I hope you'll help make it happen.

Right now, a goal has been set to raise $300,000 by January 31st. This will be a challenging goal to meet, but I have faith that we can meet the goal because our rEVOLution is so strong!

Just think about what we have accomplished already. We raised over $6 million dollars in one day for Ron Paul, surely we can raise $300,000 in 20 days for BJ Lawson.

I hope that you will help us meet our goal of $300,000 by January 31st by donating to the campaign today: https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

Together, we CAN change this country! We CAN restore the Constitution! We CAN have elect people to Congress like BJ Lawson who will fill Ron Paul's shoes after he's elected President of the United States!

But it's up to YOU if we WILL! Please donate today and make it happen!

https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

Sincerely,

Garland Ragland
Facebook Coordinator, Lawson for Congress
garland.ragland@lawsonforcongress.com
http://www.lawsonforcongress.com

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/img/banner.gif

itshappening
01-11-2008, 12:36 PM
BJ is a great candidate, I hope he can get the funding

pacelli
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
BJ is running in my district. I'll write him in if he doesn't get on the ballot.

cero
01-11-2008, 12:38 PM
GUYS this is sooo important please everyone PLEASE lets set up a moneybomb TYPE of site to help everyone that wants to run to help the Dr. fight the good fight.

FFS we got the BLIMP in the air this is 100000x more important I'm down with 50!
so please LETS make this work!

PS: would like to see a video of the guy directly addressing the revolution. Would reassure me a little :)

itshappening
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
contact meetup groups and myspace/facebook friends, surely we can organize something?

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
GUYS this is sooo important please everyone PLEASE lets set up a moneybomb TYPE of site to help everyone that wants to run to help the Dr. fight the good fight.

FFS we got the BLIMP in the air this is 100000x more important I'm down with 50!
so please LETS make this work!

PS: would like to see a video of the guy directly addressing the revolution. Would reassure me a little :)

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/snippets/110/2007-12-16-ron-paul-tea-party-celebration/

BJ addressing the Triangle Ron Paul Tea Party.

;)

itshappening
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
BJ is running in my district. I'll write him in if he doesn't get on the ballot.

do you think he can defeat Rep. Price?

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Trevor Lyman, BTW?

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
do you think he can defeat Rep. Price?

I KNOW he can. The message of freedom brings people together and Democrats will cross party lines to vote for BJ, especially on the war issue.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
contact meetup groups and myspace/facebook friends, surely we can organize something?

Yes, please contact anyone you know and ask them to donate.

Everyone should feel free to just use my message to do so.

mconder
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
BJ is a great candidate, I hope he can get the funding

We need to get him into congress so he can run for president in 2012.

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
i must say we should fund rp first......if anyone can afford to give rp the max amount of 2300 and have more money to give then do so.....but if you cant afford to max out for rp then do not give to anyone other than rp.....rp is running for president now......

cero
01-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes we NEED to get in touch with trevor...

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:01 PM
i must say we should fund rp first......if anyone can afford to give rp the max amount of 2300 and have more money to give then do so.....but if you cant afford to max out for rp then do not give to anyone other than rp.....rp is running for president now......

There's no reason we can't help both. Right now, RP is well funded. That doesn't mean we shouldn't stop donating to RP, but it does mean we can be able to give BJ and other pro-liberty, RP Republican candidates donations too. This movement is bigger than Ron Paul and even Ron has said that.

Besides, if we don't have people like BJ in Congress how will RP get his domestic agenda through as President? ;)

itshappening
01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
here's some suggestions for BJ:

Do an appearence on the Alex Jones radio show, great way to reach a liberty minded audience

try and video tape some of those events/speeches he has listed on his website and release them on Youtube, production needs to be professional looking

contact Trevor to help with fundraising

find volunteers who can work the myspace/facebook/meetup communities, there are plenty of members on here who have experience with that!

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 01:09 PM
There's no reason we can't help both. Right now, RP is well funded. That doesn't mean we shouldn't stop donating to RP, but it does mean we can be able to give BJ and other pro-liberty, RP Republican candidates donations too. This movement is bigger than Ron Paul and even Ron has said that.

Besides, if we don't have people like BJ in Congress how will RP get his domestic agenda through as President? ;)

Yes true....but i like to make sure rp is funded first.....but yes what you say is true about rp having money for now....but he is our priority #1....

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I'll send the suggestions along to him and the rest of the campaign team.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Yes true....but i like to make sure rp is funded first.....but yes what you say is true about rp having money for now....but he is our priority #1....

I honestly think he's covered. I mean, he's already raised over $33,000 today alone and is now over $700,000 raised in less than 11 days.

itshappening
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
also Fire is he doing fund raising in NC? im sure he can get the word out locally and do some fundraising dinners or whatever?

polexi
01-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Got my $10. :)

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:20 PM
also Fire is he doing fund raising in NC? im sure he can get the word out locally and do some fundraising dinners or whatever?

Right now things are just getting going and there aren't any fund raising events yet scheduled that I'm aware of...

However, BJ is actively seeking donations from people offline.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:20 PM

Thank you!

Every little bit helps :)

seapilot
01-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Liberty and Freedom, honoring constitutional principals is my 1 priority. Anything that helps this is a good cause. Good to have strong voices in Congress, more congressmen that further the cause of liberty means we have a better chance of getting more Presidental candidates that believe in these principals.

We need to keep the message of liberty alive and well in these derranged political times today. Ron Paul won his congressional seat with a lot of outside donations. We have the support base now to be very competitative in getting members into congress. A President Paul will still have to work with congress.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Liberty and Freedom, honoring constitutional principals is my 1 priority. Anything that helps this is a good cause. Good to have strong voices in Congress, more congressmen that further the cause of liberty means we have a better chance of getting more Presidental candidates that believe in these principals.

We need to keep the message of liberty alive and well in these derranged political times today. Ron Paul won his congressional seat with a lot of outside donations. We have the support base now to be very competitative in getting members into congress. A President Paul will still have to work with congress.

Well said.

Now, does that mean you'll be donating to BJ's campaign? ;)

itshappening
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Well said.

what is the feedback from Republicans in the area? are they receptive/supportive? is the message getting across?

seapilot
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Well said.

Yes 25 FRN to NC. Tell B.J. to plug for Ron Paul while hes campaigning.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:39 PM
what is the feedback from Republicans in the area? are they receptive/supportive? is the message getting across?

Again, it's early, but I'd say that it's very receptive and the message is getting across. The ones who I have talked to both agree that BJ is more electable than his opponent, Augustus Cho, who is a local County GOP Chair. Personally, I don't think Cho, who is BJ's only opposition for the nomination, is a serious candidate. I think he's just the "fall guy" for the few who recruited him to run against BJ when they found out that BJ supports RP. Our organization is already much, much better than Cho's from my perception and we also have a rather remarkable system worked out for getting votes. Also, BJ has already made some great inroads with local movers and shakers and other people of importance.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes 25 FRN to NC. Tell B.J. to plug for Ron Paul while hes campaigning.

Thank you very much and will do!

If you read his blog on the campaign site he already often mentions Ron and things he's said/written when making his points.

And besides, Cho will I'm sure plug RP constantly since he'll probably bring up that BJ supports him every chance he gets, lol. :p

BobbRobb
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
He needs a live online donation flash counter on his site.

This is what enabled the massive history making money raising efforts for Ron Paul.

An emotional instant gratification feedback loop.

Maybe coordinate with the other Ron Paul Republicans running this year and have a Ron Paul Republican fundraising day. Everyone who participates gives, say, $5 to each of the Ron Paul Republican campains promoted. Set up a website to be a hub of fundraising info, like ronpaulgraphs.com, with graphs and counters tracking all the donations for each campain in near real time.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:53 PM
He needs a live online donation flash counter on his site.

This is what enabled the massive history making money raising efforts for Ron Paul.

An emotional instant gratification feedback loop.

Maybe coordinate with the other Ron Paul Republicans running this year and have a Ron Paul Republican fundraising day. Everyone who participates gives, say, $5 to each of the Ron Paul Republican campains promoted. Set up a website to be a hub of fundraising info, like ronpaulgraphs.com, with graphs and counters tracking all the donations for each campain in near real time.

He's got one, unless you're talking about something different...?

It's a widget that shows the current donation total and updates as soon as donations come in. It also displays the names and locations of the donors. Two of the people who donated after reading this thread's donations were immediately added to the total and their names and locations were immediately (and are still) on display.

itshappening
01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Again, it's early, but I'd say that it's very receptive and the message is getting across. The ones who I have talked to both agree that BJ is more electable than his opponent, Augustus Cho, who is a local County GOP Chair. Personally, I don't think Cho, who is BJ's only opposition for the nomination, is a serious candidate. I think he's just the "fall guy" for the few who recruited him to run against BJ when they found out that BJ supports RP. Our organization is already much, much better than Cho's from my perception and we also have a rather remarkable system worked out for getting votes. Also, BJ has already made some great inroads with local movers and shakers and other people of importance.

that sounds great!

local business needs to know that he is truly a pro-business candidate that will fight for them in congress etc.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
that sounds great!

local business needs to know that he is truly a pro-business candidate that will fight for them in congress etc.

Absolutely, and that is something that has been discussed.

BobbRobb
01-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok yes, I'm an idiot.

But I think the coordinated fundraising event might be a good idea.

ronpaulhawaii
01-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I know BJ personally and definitely support this effort

This is what is necessary to take our country back. This is what the r3VOLution is all about. This is what will help RP as President. Please support BJ Lawson for Congress

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:10 PM

This is what is necessary to take our country back. This is what the r3VOLution is all about. This is what will help RP as President. Please support BJ Lawson for Congress

Very cool and well said!

I'm always surprised by how many people BJ knows, lol.

Are you in Hawaii? You know, we just had someone donate from Alaska and it would be pretty cool to have someone donate from Hawaii too... that way we could have someone from the the 49th and 50th state donate the campaign ;)

dshields
01-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Absolutely, this is WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT FOLKS!!

The Presidency CAN'T change law but Congress CAN! This is a worthy cause and I will personally donate to ANY candidate running on Ron Paul Principles. That is until I run myself.

This is what the grass-roots movement needs to accomplish by systematically changing our system from ground up, one seat at a time.

I love this!

Dave

rbmcdonald
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I am going to donate, but how do we come up with a master list? What is the chriteria for being a Ron Paul type candidate?

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Absolutely, this is WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT FOLKS!!

The Presidency CAN'T change law but Congress CAN! This is a worthy cause and I will personally donate to ANY candidate running on Ron Paul Principles. That is until I run myself.

This is what the grass-roots movement needs to accomplish by systematically changing our system from ground up, one seat at a time.

I love this!

Dave

Well said! I love it too!

It's like I told someone else in this thread: RP can't get his domestic agenda passed unless we've got people in Congress who are going to vote for it.

I look forward to seeing your name 'in lights' on the main page of the site on the donation widget ;)

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Also, whoever just donated a few minutes ago (I won't say your name, even though it's on the widget on the site, but I think it was $25 and you're from AZ): THANK YOU! :D

lisajames96
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM

I will too.

mtmedlin
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Is anyone seeting up a "money bomb" for him. Maybe we also get one going for Brent aka Torchbearer and whomever else is running. If we were to raise a couple million and spread it around to ten to fifteen candidates we would improve our chances of getting change done.

stevenstremciuc
01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I am happy to help.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I am going to donate, but how do we come up with a master list? What is the chriteria for being a Ron Paul type candidate?

Well, there's a couple of websites already that feature pro-liberty and Ron Paul Republican candidates running. One of them is http://www.paulcongress.com/ The other one I can't remember but perhaps someone else knows it and can post it...

But BJ is definitely a Ron Paul type candidate as you describe and thank you in advance for your donation! I look forward to seeing your name 'in lights' on the main page of the site on the donation widget ;)

lisajames96
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM

I wrote Mr. Cho a very cordial letter encouraging him, but also asking him who his choice was for President in 2008. I never mentioned Ron Paul in my letter...hmmmm...out of all the candidates running for President, why would he assume I was supporting Dr. Paul( I am, but that's beside the point)...it was kind of eerie to me...
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:39:00 -0500
To: lisajames96@.com
Subject: Re: Presidential Candidate

Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time out to email me.

If you are a Ron Paul supporter, then you will be disappointed in my answer.

If not, then my preference for the Presidency is...

Congressman Duncan Hunter of California.

That is not to say that he will win; however, his outlook and vision for the United States closely reflects what I also desire for our nation as well.

He reasoning is based on the love of our country as well as his understanding of what our national priority needs to be at this crucial turning point in our land.

That aside, I also find Congressman Hunter to be a solid American whose belief system is matched by his actions as he has served our nation courageously and honorably during, what has been deemed, a very unpopular war in Viet Nam.

I envision his presidency to be one of clarity in thinking, resulting in restoration of our national pride and identity around the world.

Here is his link: XXXXXXX

Thanks,

--
Augustus Cho
U.S. Congress 2008
4th District Candidate

itshappening
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Is anyone seeting up a "money bomb" for him. Maybe we also get one going for Brent aka Torchbearer and whomever else is running. If we were to raise a couple million and spread it around to ten to fifteen candidates we would improve our chances of getting change done.

that's a great idea, we need Trevor to look into this, a sort of liberty congressional candidate money bomb

I just dont know how it would organize, I guess you'd need all the different campaigns to setup a seperate widget and have it all on the one site and get people to pledge to split up their donations or something

seapilot
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Theodore Terbolizard is running in california. Is Terbolizard his real name? Thought it was a youtube handle.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I will too.

This made me smile. :D

I'm so happy to see so many North Carolinians here and especially people from the 4th District.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:47 PM
You're welcome! I only wish I could donate more than $25 right now.

http://steven.stremciuc.net/linked_media/bjlawson.png

Hey, every little bit helps and we appreciate it. I know BJ does. Please donate what you can win you can and any future donations you can make would be greatly appreciated :)

cayton
01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I figured I'd come in this thread and offer yet another endorsement of BJs character and electability. He is/was our RDU meetup coordinator.

Anyone who has met him or heard him speak will tell you that he is EXACTLY the type of candidate we need to run in local and state elections. He is successful, educated, has three great kids and a very nice and pretty wife. He also gives a great speech, especially considering how new to this game he is.

I hope everyone will help him raise this money. If everyone can give RP hundreds, you can spare $10 to help this guy. He CAN beat his opponent, and they are so scared of him they have him running against some clown to even get a chance at running against price.

"Liberty is price-less"
(If we repeat it enough he'll adopt it as his slogan) <3

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 02:58 PM

that's a great idea, we need Trevor to look into this, a sort of liberty congressional candidate money bomb

I just dont know how it would organize, I guess you'd need all the different campaigns to setup a seperate widget and have it all on the one site and get people to pledge to split up their donations or something

Right now no money bomb has been set or his planned for BJ, however, I have just brought this up for discussion with BJ and the team, including possibly getting in touch with Trevor Lyman to help. I've found a way to get in touch with him...

But, of course, if anyone wants to take some initiative in doing this be my guest... ;)

I do like the idea of a "Liberty Congressional Candidate Money Bomb" that would benefit all or several of the pro-liberty, Ron Paul-type candidates running, although I agree there would be issues with setting something like that up like how to go about dividing all of the money between the candidates...

That said, now that I think about it I think there is or was actually a "money bomb" organized to benefit a couple of the candidates running (I THINK, although I'm really not sure at all, it was going to benefit Dean Santoro and Terbolizard's campaigns) so I'll have to check into that...

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Yep, I was right about the "money bomb" for Santoro and Terbolizard, here it is: http://declarefreedom08.com/

Looks like it's being paid for and run by Terbolizard's PAC.

Tronchaser
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Theodore Terbolizard is running in california. Is Terbolizard his real name? Thought it was a youtube handle.

Yeah, that is his real name... I asked him the same question on one of his youtube videos. Definitely a "not normal" name! :eek:

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:05 PM

That's something I've wondered myself. It actually came up at BJ's house and there was some confusion and uncertainty about whether or not it's his real name but it looks like it IS his real name... which is awesome, lol.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that is his real name... I asked him the same question on one of his youtube videos. Definitely a "not normal" name! :eek:

You're right that it's not normal -- it's awesome! :D

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM

+100

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I wrote Mr. Cho a very cordial letter encouraging him, but also asking him who his choice was for President in 2008. I never mentioned Ron Paul in my letter...hmmmm...out of all the candidates running for President, why would he assume I was supporting Dr. Paul( I am, but that's beside the point)...it was kind of eerie to me...

Lisa,

That is not to say that he will win; however, his outlook and vision for the United States closely reflects what I also desire for our nation as well.

He reasoning is based on the love of our country as well as his understanding of what our national priority needs to be at this crucial turning point in our land.

That aside, I also find Congressman Hunter to be a solid American whose belief system is matched by his actions as he has served our nation courageously and honorably during, what has been deemed, a very unpopular war in Viet Nam.

I envision his presidency to be one of clarity in thinking, resulting in restoration of our national pride and identity around the world.

Thanks,

--
Augustus Cho
U.S. Congress 2008
4th District Candidate

He probably has gotten a ton of e-mails from Ron Paul supporters trying to get him to endorse Ron Paul, lol ;)

Stoli
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Just sent him $25 lets keep the ball rolling!!

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 03:13 PM

I think many of us have learned our lesson. We need to support and elect all candidates who support the constitution and liberty. No more voting for "I've heard of him". I for one will take my state and local elections as seriously as I have this campaign. We are not only fighting for Ron Paul, but for our country. We need to support all candidates for freedom in order to win the war!

lisajames96
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM
He probably has gotten a ton of e-mails from Ron Paul supporters trying to get him to endorse Ron Paul, lol ;)

True.
I told my husband that barring a straight up voting scandal, Dr. Paul will take this state. But wouldn't it be awesome that as he goes into the presidential office, that an army of Ron Paul like pro liberty candidates like BJ are elected into Congress.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I figured I'd come in this thread and offer yet another endorsement of BJs character and electability. He is/was our RDU meetup coordinator.

Anyone who has met him or heard him speak will tell you that he is EXACTLY the type of candidate we need to run in local and state elections. He is successful, educated, has three great kids and a very nice and pretty wife. He also gives a great speech, especially considering how new to this game he is.

I hope everyone will help him raise this money. If everyone can give RP hundreds, you can spare $10 to help this guy. He CAN beat his opponent, and they are so scared of him they have him running against some clown to even get a chance at running against price.

"Liberty is price-less"
(If we repeat it enough he'll adopt it as his slogan) <3

Amen!

BJ is a great person and a great friend. He's honest, smart, hard working and his character is remarkable. He's just a great all around human being and that's something we could sure use a lot more of in Congress.

By the way, "Liberty is PRICE-less"... that's genius! I love it! :D

ForTheRevolution
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Another Dr. Constitution???? Hell yea!

I'm strapped for cash right now...but I'll make sure BJ gets something before the 31st

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Just sent him $25 lets keep the ball rolling!!

w00t! Thank you! :D

Indeed, let's keep the ball rolling!

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I think many of us have learned our lesson. We need to support and elect all candidates who support the constitution and liberty. No more voting for "I've heard of him". I for one will take my state and local elections as seriously as I have this campaign. We are not only fighting for Ron Paul, but for our country. We need to support all candidates for freedom in order to win the war!

Well said!

+100 right back at you! :cool:

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Lisa,

Thanks,

--
Augustus Cho
U.S. Congress 2008
4th District Candidate

OH yeah! We gotta take this guy down!

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
True.
I told my husband that barring a straight up voting scandal, Dr. Paul will take this state. But wouldn't it be awesome that as he goes into the presidential office, that an army of Ron Paul like pro liberty candidates like BJ are elected into Congress.

I really hope you're right and, yes, I definitely agree -- that would be awesome.

And he'll definitely need an army of pro-liberty candidates elected to Congress to get his domestic agenda passed.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM

Haha! That's the spirit! Let's do it! :cool:

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Another Dr. Constitution???? Hell yea!

I'm strapped for cash right now...but I'll make sure BJ gets something before the 31st

"Hell yeah!" indeed.

And sounds good to me :) Thanks in advance for your donation!

RonPaulCentral
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm in -- will send money tonight. Good Luck.

Stoli
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
w00t! Thank you! :D

Indeed, let's keep the ball rolling!

Your welcome!!

I would have sent more but I have one of those seasonal jobs they say Americans won't do:D:D and I am laid off until spring.

So I eat rice and potatoes and sent a portion of my unemployment check to help the cause.

Make sacrifices people !!!!!!

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
He is going to face a serious uphill battle. David Price is well liked in the 4th. Check out the demographics and you'll understand why ... it's not a republican strong hold to say the least.

GOOD LUCK MAN - I hated Price when I lived in the 4th.

lisajames96
01-11-2008, 03:38 PM

lol...are you in NC too? I'm in Wake County.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm in -- will send money tonight. Good Luck.

Awesome! Thanks in advance!

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Your welcome!!

I would have sent more but I have one of those seasonal jobs they say Americans won't do:D:D and I am laid off until spring.

So I eat rice and potatoes and sent a portion of my unemployment check to help the cause.

Make sacrifices people !!!!!!

LOL!

I hear you and well said!

Everyone should ask themselves "how much are you willing to sacrifice for liberty?" If you prescribe to the "give me liberty or give me death" philosophy as I do your answer should be "everything."

And hey, every little bit helps and every little bit counts. Thanks again for your donation. I know BJ really appreciates it.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
He is going to face a serious uphill battle. David Price is well liked in the 4th. Check out the demographics and you'll understand why ... it's not a republican strong hold to say the least.

GOOD LUCK MAN - I hated Price when I lived in the 4th.

Yeah, BJ knows the fight he has ahead of him... we all do, but we're ready for it and we're prepared! The message of freedom brings people together and that's exactly how BJ will win and if anyone can beat David Price it's BJ and he WILL! Freedom conquers all and this case will be no different!

Thanks so much for the well wishes. I know BJ appreciates them and so do I. We all do.

"Liberty is PRICE-less!" ;)

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
By the way, since RPSignbomb brought up the 4th District, David Price and what an uphill battle it will be I thought I'd post this message from BJ from the campaign site which addresses this:

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/uploads/image/107.png

"How is a Republican ever going to win the Fourth District?"

You're right -- it's a tough district. Twenty-two years (with one break in 1994) is a long time to have a single politician in office. The odd southwestern and eastern borders of the Fourth District are the result of a process whereby politicians choose their voters, instead of vice-versa: gerrymandering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering). The lines for District 4 were drawn by partisan politics, with the goal of preserving the dominance of Rep. David Price.

Please understand, I don't have anything against Rep. Price personally. It's just that he's perpetuating a system that is punishing our poor and middle class, eroding our liberties, and destroying our economic future through excessive spending, taxation, and bureaucratic regulation. On that basis alone, it's time for a change.

Given Rep. Price's status as a long-term incumbent, this campaign will be challenging. But the nation, and the district, are ready for change. We have the passion, the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty, the grassroots enthusiasm, and the organizing experience to win this race for the people of District 4, and the nation.

Please donate (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate) to our campaign today, and please volunteer to engage in the discussion by hosting your own Neighborhood Coffee (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/join/). We'll sit down for an hour or so, discuss the challenges we face, and how we can move forward successfully. There's nothing more important than talking with each other about the issues that are so important to all of us. I look forward to meeting you, and continuing this conversation in person.

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/4th-district/

(Be sure to Digg the page at the bottom of the page!)

Yes, it will be an uphill battle, and that's exactly why we need your help! Please donate to the campaign!

https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM

The North Carolinians are coming out of the wood work, lol. :D

coffeewithchess
01-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm in Carrboro.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm in Carrboro.

Very cool! You're in the district, then! I hope you'll support BJ and vote for him and also consider donating some of your money and/or time to the campaign. We could certainly use it and would greatly appreciate it. :)

Please join here:

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/join/

We especially need people to host Neighborhood Coffees.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Everyone,

I've gotta go for the night, but I'll be back tomorrow morning to respond to any questions or comments anyone has.

Please keep the donations coming in! http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

Also, I'd really appreciate it if people who read this thread could keep bumping (or blimping ;)) it up to the top.

Thanks! Have a great night!

jjockers
01-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm in Carrboro.

Same here :)

literatim
01-11-2008, 04:33 PM
While you people are at it, become precinct leaders.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM

LOL! No actually I'm in MI! But I'm ready to help take Cho down anyway! Donations and support! One district at a time!

FireofLiberty
01-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Same here :)

I hope you'll support and vote for BJ. Please join the campaign here: http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/join/

FireofLiberty
01-12-2008, 12:11 AM
While you people are at it, become precinct leaders.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

+100

FireofLiberty
01-12-2008, 12:12 AM
LOL! No actually I'm in MI! But I'm ready to help take Cho down anyway! Donations and support! One district at a time!

Sounds like a plan to me ;)

FireofLiberty
01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, there's a couple of websites already that feature pro-liberty and Ron Paul Republican candidates running. One of them is http://www.paulcongress.com/ The other one I can't remember but perhaps someone else knows it and can post it...

But BJ is definitely a Ron Paul type candidate as you describe and thank you in advance for your donation! I look forward to seeing your name 'in lights' on the main page of the site on the donation widget ;)

http://ronpaulsacrossamerica.com/

There's the other site featuring pro-liberty and Ron Paul Republican candidates running. I think it's run by Trevor Lyman. It doesn't seem to have been updated recently, though.

BTW, everyone should rate this thread 5 stars ;) Surely the amount of patriotism shown by everyone in it makes it reserving of a 5 star rating.

Allen72289
01-12-2008, 02:21 AM
How many votes will it take for Lawson to win??

RockHoward
01-12-2008, 07:56 AM
LibertyCongress.org is the other site rating candidates from a Ron Paul perspective.
BJ has been listed for sometime and has earned an "Excellent" rating.

BTW, I have some spare dollars in a PayPal account and there was a PayPal option to donate to Mr. Lawson, but apparently the campaign doesn't accept PayPal $$$ as it kept insisting that I must supply a credit card number. Oh well.

FireofLiberty
01-12-2008, 08:49 AM
LibertyCongress.org is the other site rating candidates from a Ron Paul perspective.

BTW, I have some spare dollars in a PayPal account and there was a PayPal option to donate to Mr. Lawson, but apparently the campaign doesn't accept PayPal $$$ as it kept insisting that I must supply a credit card number. Oh well.

Let me check on that and I'll get back to you.

Also, that's great news about the "Excellent" rating! Out of curiosity, what's the criteria for an "All-Star" rating?

FireofLiberty
01-12-2008, 08:50 AM
How many votes will it take for Lawson to win??

I think the figure, based on figures from the last election, is 30,000 votes in the primary and 300,000 votes in the general.

RockHoward
01-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Also, that's great news about the "Excellent" rating! Out of curiosity, what's the criteria for an "All-Star" rating?

You must be excellent on the issues, but you also have to have a track record of accomplishment with regards to the the liberty movement. So those who have previously won office or written an important liberty-oriented book or otherwise performed some major action to support our cause would qualify as potential All-Stars.

Alex
01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I really hope BJ Lawson wins. I have an aunt, uncle and cousins in his District (they live in Cary). When they came up here around New Years I told them about Lawson. Hopefully they'll support him.

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 01:16 AM
You must be excellent on the issues, but you also have to have a track record of accomplishment with regards to the the liberty movement. So those who have previously won office or written an important liberty-oriented book or otherwise performed some major action to support our cause would qualify as potential All-Stars.

Ah, I figured that was probably the case when I saw who the All-Stars were... all current office holders with the exception of Murray Sabrin who is probably the best known and most accomplished non-incumbent liberty candidate running.

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
I really hope BJ Lawson wins. I have an aunt, uncle and cousins in his District (they live in Cary). When they came up here around New Years I told them about Lawson. Hopefully they'll support him.

If you have a way to get in touch with them (I'm sure you do) you should send them a link to his website or call them and give it to them. Tell them to sign up on the "Join" page and give some money if they can ;)

FYI, BJ also lives in Cary.

Tronchaser
01-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Imagine this on the floor of the congress.... a group of men/women conferring with each other on the constitutionality of some bill, with all the other repubs/demos waiting for them to break, then one comes out. They walk up to the podium and say

"I'm sorry Mr Speaker, but we (the liberty group or whatever) have to vote no for this bill as it is not authorized by our constituition."

Then the bill fails.

Imagine the looks/sneers of disdain on the neocons/demos.

I CAN'T WAIT! :)

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Imagine this on the floor of the congress.... a group of men/women conferring with each other on the constitutionality of some bill, with all the other repubs/demos waiting for them to break, then one comes out. They walk up to the podium and say

"I'm sorry Mr Speaker, but we (the liberty group or whatever) have to vote no for this bill as it is not authorized by our constituition."

Then the bill fails.

Imagine the looks/sneers of disdain on the neocons/demos.

I CAN'T WAIT! :)

Well said, but it'll only happen with your help. ;)

kushaze
01-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Bump. I will send in some money by the 31st.

wtl
01-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Folks -- thanks to all who have commented, and donated. You're getting your personal thank-you this morning as I'm just sitting down to catch up on email and campaign work.

While I first discovered Ron Paul in May of last year, I've been an ardent student of history and economics since 2001 (when I left surgery residency to start a software company). It was in the process of learning how our business world and economy works that I went down the rabbit hole of fractional reserve banking and monopolistically-managed fiat currencies, and the terrible consequences thereof.

I never in a million years expected a politician to stand up on a national stage and speak the truth about economics and foreign policy. So when I heard Ron Paul stand up against Guiliani in SC, and after spending the next three weeks devouring his writings at ronpaullibrary.com, I was hooked. Now here is someone willing to speak the truth, and it's up to all of us to get behind that.

So I started by helping, and eventually organizing, the Triangle Ron Paul Meetup (#52). Here are some of my blog posts that demonstrate the fun we're having, many of which have been extensively distributed already:

http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/
http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2007/11/03/meeting-ron-paul/

As I was learning power of grassroots organizing, and having more and more folks ask about my running for Congress, my wife and I finally came to terms with the necessity of taking back our district, and by extension our country.

In terms of winning this race, I'm actually relatively confident. Despite the fact that everyone "in politics" thinks David Price is unassailable, my intelligence from the grassroots suggests otherwise:

First and foremost is the message itself. I can engage ANYONE with the message of a Constitutional federal government. What's not to love? And when we discuss what that admittedly abstract concept *means*, people discover *real* solutions to our current economic and social problems. All of us -- conservatives and progressives -- see the same problems. The uniqueness of the Constitutional message is that the solutions unite instead of divide.

Next is the district itself. David Price has been in office 11 terms, and hasn't had to run a real campaign in years. His office staff is often condescending and dismissive to his constituents, and reflects an imperial image that is rubbing folks on both sides of the aisle the wrong way. Also, there has been a lot of immigration (legal as well as illegal!) to the district over the past 4-6 years. As a result, there are lots of young professionals and families who don't know Rep. Price, yet who share the same concerns for the country.

Finally is our organization. I discovered early on that there's a difference between "being run" for an office and "running" for an office. My primary opponent is truly "being run", and it shows in his efforts. We are *running* for office, and the difference between active voice and passive voice is obvious! :) The Meetup has come together around my candidacy, and we have a great Web site, great yard signs, a great IT organization to drive our GOTV/organizing, great photography/videography... all because PEOPLE CARE.

We have a professional campaign, with committed grassroots volunteers at the heart of our efforts. I'm not going to share our entire strategy for winning, but if you want a great blueprint from which we learned a lot, check out the documentary "Can Mr. Smith Get to Washington Anymore?" It chronicles the campaign of Jeff Smith, a Howard Dean reform candidate, taking on the establishment for Dick Gephardt's old seat in 2004. When you see how well he did *without* a unifying message, you'll see that we *can* win this one for liberty.

Like I said when we started our software company, "You can't buy care". We all care for the future of our country, and it shows in our true grassroots insurgent campaign. Your donations are GREATLY APPRECIATED, and we will spend them wisely with the goal of winning this election.

If everyone who donated to Ron Paul just gave 10% of their Q4 RP contribution to our campaign, we'd be (more than) done. We need to raise $1.5MM for the entire campaign (primary + general), and we're starting with $300k to fund a strong showing in the primaries.

Please help spread the word, and keep an eye on www and blog.lawsonforcongress.com!

In liberty,
BJ

William (B.J.) Lawson
Candidate for Congress, North Carolina's 4th District

Ncturnal
01-13-2008, 10:16 AM

Every election in which we can get a RonPaulitician in office is crucial. ALL of them from local, county, state, and national elections. The Revolution is about taking the entire runaway, reckless government back, not just the office of the President. This has to happen regardless of the outcome of the 2008 Presidential race. This is can't be a one election effort, it has to continue from now on. Remember that every RonPaulitician we have in Congress is another vote against future Patriot Acts, unbalanced budgets, bad monetary and foreign policy, and illegal wars that affect each and every one of us. How do you eat an elephant? (no Republican party pun intended :)) One bite at a time. (hopefully with many others helping!) The whole reason we are in this mess today is because Americans became apathetic, lazy, and were not paying attention to what was going on. Thankfully people are waking up finally but extensive damage has already been done. As for the 2008 Presidential race, Ron Paul has already won in that the R3volution has been begun, and the window for doing so peacefully is closing. If anyone is not looking at this as a lifetime commitment, then not much has changed from what got us in the place we are presently in.

Kudos to you. The important thing to note here is that it doesn't take much to contribute. All you need is more people willing to give a small amount. To continue this theory, if all those could go a step further and write your representatives in office, what a difference "we" could make. The reason politicians get away with so much is because no one pays attention and holds them accountable when they step out of line. You can bet things would be different if politicians knew we were watching every vote and every action they make in office.

The Ron Paul R3volution has to be a show of force that continues to grow from now on. We've already seen what amazing things we can accomplish when we have the goal of liberty in mind, so let's keep this going. Let's continue with our MeetUp groups long after this election. Let's continue to support ALL candidates who support our cause and let the other ones know we are watching. Let's continue to boycott those who work against our cause such as the MSM or their advertisers, etc. The trends will change faster when we force the economics to change. We the People have the power but we have to choose to exercise it.

wtl
01-13-2008, 10:24 AM

RockHoward -- I just tested the Paypal option on the site, and when you select "PayPal", it sends you directly to PayPal's site to login and make the donation. Did you run into trouble after that?

BJ

ronpaulhawaii
01-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Folks -- thanks to all who have commented, and donated. You're getting your personal thank-you this morning as I'm just sitting down to catch up on email and campaign work.

We have a professional campaign, with committed grassroots volunteers at the heart of our efforts. I'm not going to share our entire strategy for winning, but if you want a great blueprint from which we learned a lot, check out the documentary "Can Mr. Smith Get to Washington Anymore?" It chronicles the campaign of Jeff Smith, a Howard Dean reform candidate, taking on the establishment for Dick Gephardt's old seat in 2004. When you see how well he did *without* a unifying message, you'll see that we *can* win this one for liberty.

Like I said when we started our software company, "You can't buy care". We all care for the future of our country, and it shows in our true grassroots insurgent campaign. Your donations are GREATLY APPRECIATED, and we will spend them wisely with the goal of winning this election.

If everyone who donated to Ron Paul just gave 10% of their Q4 RP contribution to our campaign, we'd be (more than) done. We need to raise $1.5MM for the entire campaign (primary + general), and we're starting with $300k to fund a strong showing in the primaries.

Please help spread the word, and keep an eye on www and blog.lawsonforcongress.com!

In liberty,
BJ

William (B.J.) Lawson

Welcome to the forums BJ

:D

m

RockHoward
01-13-2008, 11:52 AM
RockHoward -- I just tested the Paypal option on the site, and when you select "PayPal", it sends you directly to PayPal's site to login and make the donation. Did you run into trouble after that?

BJ

I tried it again and it worked fine. I had a recent chargeback and perhaps the money I thought I had in my account wasn't actually there yet. Now all good.

Go get 'em!

P.S. There is a new "Videos" section on LibertyCongress.com and your videos are listed first and accompanied by a link to your donatation page. Hope that helps!

Signzit
01-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Why come here and try to capitalize on Ron Paul's momentum?

I can see many of you posters with high post counts clearly have long term alliances with different political efforts in America.

We are here to advance 1 man and one man only, Ron Paul!

For you to come here and panhandle from RP's grassroots is to blur the focus of the grassroots, and to take money directly from Ron Paul.

We do not know this man and have no time to investigate him in depth.

Simply because many high post count people endorse this guy is no reason to blindly give this unknown 'mouthpiece Ron Paul's money.

You people are scummy. To think the bulk of Ron Paul's grassroots are blind sheeple that you can try to co-opt for this guy and your own petty small issues is an insult to this forum.

The Moderators, if not also co-opted should delete this post on the grounds blurring the Paul Message and sub-party fund raising

While it's true, the effort Paul has sparked across America is indeed bigger than Paul himself; it is not a reason for different factions to intrude on Paul's grassroots and fog Paul's message, his fund raising efforts and confuse newly recruited Paul supports. It's fuck'n scummy!

The guy may be great, have a decent family and his views on American government my even align with Paul's but SO WHAT? It's not about him!

This forum is about Ron Paul. You List building, co-opting scumbags should back off a bit and let RP gain a foothold before you start feeding off his Masses! :mad: :confused: :mad:

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Bump. I will send in some money by the 31st.

Thanks in advance!

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Every election in which we can get a RonPaulitician in office is crucial. ALL of them from local, county, state, and national elections. The Revolution is about taking the entire runaway, reckless government back, not just the office of the President. This has to happen regardless of the outcome of the 2008 Presidential race. This is can't be a one election effort, it has to continue from now on. Remember that every RonPaulitician we have in Congress is another vote against future Patriot Acts, unbalanced budgets, bad monetary and foreign policy, and illegal wars that affect each and every one of us. How do you eat an elephant? (no Republican party pun intended :)) One bite at a time. (hopefully with many others helping!) The whole reason we are in this mess today is because Americans became apathetic, lazy, and were not paying attention to what was going on. Thankfully people are waking up finally but extensive damage has already been done. As for the 2008 Presidential race, Ron Paul has already won in that the R3volution has been begun, and the window for doing so peacefully is closing. If anyone is not looking at this as a lifetime commitment, then not much has changed from what got us in the place we are presently in.

Kudos to you. The important thing to note here is that it doesn't take much to contribute. All you need is more people willing to give a small amount. To continue this theory, if all those could go a step further and write your representatives in office, what a difference "we" could make. The reason politicians get away with so much is because no one pays attention and holds them accountable when they step out of line. You can bet things would be different if politicians knew we were watching every vote and every action they make in office.

The Ron Paul R3volution has to be a show of force that continues to grow from now on. We've already seen what amazing things we can accomplish when we have the goal of liberty in mind, so let's keep this going. Let's continue with our MeetUp groups long after this election. Let's continue to support ALL candidates who support our cause and let the other ones know we are watching. Let's continue to boycott those who work against our cause such as the MSM or their advertisers, etc. The trends will change faster when we force the economics to change. We the People have the power but we have to choose to exercise it.

Here here!

wtl
01-13-2008, 12:15 PM

I've been working as a foot soldier in the Ron Paul Revolution since I discovered him in May. I've been a member of the Forums since August, and am putting myself and my family on the line in pursuit of a Constitutional federal government.

You are welcome to your own opinions of my candidacy, but I find your post short-sighted and more than a bit offensive. Ron Paul is one (heroic and courageous) man. We must do everything to get him elected. But one heroic and courageous man does not make a majority in a system that has been corrupted beyond belief.

Do not say that you "have no time to investigate" other candidates who want to help change the system from within. How did you ever find time to explore Ron Paul, and come to support him?

BJ

wtl
01-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forums BJ

:D

m

Thanks, Michael -- working on your blog post now, had just been waiting for the pictures :-)

BJ

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 12:28 PM

I can see many of you posters with high post counts clearly have long term alliances with different political efforts in America.

We are here to advance 1 man and one man only, Ron Paul!

For you to come here and panhandle from RP's grassroots is to blur the focus of the grassroots, and to take money directly from Ron Paul.

We do not know this man and have no time to investigate him in depth.

Simply because many high post count people endorse this guy is no reason to blindly give this unknown 'mouthpiece Ron Paul's money.

You people are scummy. To think the bulk of Ron Paul's grassroots are blind sheeple that you can try to co-opt for this guy and your own petty small issues is an insult to this forum.

The Moderators, if not also co-opted should delete this post on the grounds blurring the Paul Message and sub-party fund raising

While it's true, the effort Paul has sparked across America is indeed bigger than Paul himself; it is not a reason for different factions to intrude on Paul's grassroots and fog Paul's message, his fund raising efforts and confuse newly recruited Paul supports. It's fuck'n scummy!

The guy may be great, have a decent family and his views on American government my even align with Paul's but SO WHAT? It's not about him!

This forum is about Ron Paul. You List building, co-opting scumbags should back off a bit and let RP gain a foothold before you start feeding off his Masses! :mad: :confused: :mad:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I must correct you on several points.

First off, this rEVOLution is not just about Ron Paul. Even Ron Paul himself has said this and several people in this thread have made this point. It is and must be much bigger than him to bring forth real change. How do you expect Ron Paul to get his domestic agenda through Congress unless we elect pro-liberty candidates to Congress?

Second, this forum is not just about Ron Paul. Sure, it's called "Ron Paul Forums," but what's this forum that this thread is in called? "Liberty Candidates." So, that's what this forum is for -- it's for discussing pro-liberty & Ron Paul Republican candidates like BJ!

The reasons the moderates would never delete this thread is that if they did they'd have to delete this entire "Liberty Candidates" forum too ;)

Third, if you want to make a point something I've learned is it's better not to use foul language. You will come off stronger for it :)

Forth, of course you have time to investigate him. You had time to post this message... you could have used that time to investigate him as others have and they have decided to support the campaign by donating (and, by the way, I must point out that you could have also used the time it took you to type and post that message to go out and do something to support Ron Paul). If you don't want to donate that's your choice and I respect it, but let others make their own choices. That's what freedom is all about.

He's not "unknown" to the people who have taken the time to get to know him.

Finally, I must reiterate the point that this is the "Liberty Candidates" forum and it exists for this purpose. The people who read it and post here, except I guess you, do so because they're interested in other pro-liberty candidates running and want to help them. There's seperate forums for Ron Paul grassroots discussion and you'll note this thread is not there.

So, again, I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, but I do think you're quite wrong with what you say and I hope you'll change your mind, but regardless I do respect differences of opinion and I know BJ does as well. :)

Have a good afternoon! :)

Signzit
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
There are 535 members in congress.

Do you guys really think you can ride Ron Paul's wave to replace all of them?

I apologize to the group for my foul language and purposely did not refer to single a person, I addressed thread/group/forum in whole. If someone took my post personally, i'm sorry they feel that way, it was not directed at any one person but an admonishment in general.

I knock 50 doors a day, at least but today is tropical rain. We have found some will answer the door to drown rats and invite them in to talk but most will not out of fear. On such days i post to at least 100 forums and other community sites like this one.

So NO, i don't have time and don't plan to have any until Ron Paul controls the Bully-pulpit and we can target one state at a time, in an organized fashion at his directive. Not willy-nilly mudding the waters for new folks like me, but i guess we're only good for emotional money.

So ban me for trying to stay focused on Ron Paul, you'll do just what you want anyway; just like Them. :cool:

damon04
01-13-2008, 02:08 PM
After Ron Paul, the Revolution takes on congress. While I cannot donate to you until we get Ron Paul elected, I do wish you the best of luck.

Ncturnal
01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Signzit, you have a lot to learn. Thank you for your dedication. Sadly though, you have missed the whole point.

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 02:12 PM
There are 535 members in congress.

Do you guys really think you can ride Ron Paul's wave to replace all of them?

I apologize to the group for my foul language and purposely did not refer to single a person, I addressed thread/group/forum in whole. If someone took my post personally, i'm sorry they feel that way, it was not directed at any one person but an admonishment in general.

I knock 50 doors a day, at least but today is tropical rain. We have found some will answer the door to drown rats and invite them in to talk but most will not out of fear. On such days i post to at least 100 forums and other community sites like this one.

So NO, i don't have time and don't plan to have any until Ron Paul controls the Bully-pulpit and we can target one state at a time, in an organized fashion at his directive. Not willy-nilly mudding the waters for new folks like me, but i guess we're only good for emotional money.

So ban me for trying to stay focused on Ron Paul, you'll do just what you want anyway; just like Them. :cool:

I just think the rEVOLution is much bigger than Ron Paul and he agrees.

No one wants to ban you, we just disagree with you.

Take care and good luck with your efforts to help and spread the word about RP. As a fellow RP supporter, I do thank you for those efforts.

FireofLiberty
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
After Ron Paul, the Revolution takes on congress. While I cannot donate to you until we get Ron Paul elected, I do wish you the best of luck.

So for two years Ron Paul won't be able to do anything on the domestic front? We need to get started taking on Congress and getting pro-liberty candidates elected to Congress NOW.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think the time is now and I think the rEVOLution is MUCH bigger than Ron Paul and about much more than just getting him into The White House.

Plus, look at it this way: every pro-Ron Paul candidate we help do well and win is another candidate who will be out there spreading RP's message to the masses which will help RP win and also get his name and views out there even more.

electronicmaji
01-15-2008, 02:32 AM
mmm BJ...I can just see the attack adds now ;)

JoshLowry
01-15-2008, 06:11 PM

While I first discovered Ron Paul in May of last year, I've been an ardent student of history and economics since 2001 (when I left surgery residency to start a software company). It was in the process of learning how our business world and economy works that I went down the rabbit hole of fractional reserve banking and monopolistically-managed fiat currencies, and the terrible consequences thereof.

I never in a million years expected a politician to stand up on a national stage and speak the truth about economics and foreign policy. So when I heard Ron Paul stand up against Guiliani in SC, and after spending the next three weeks devouring his writings at ronpaullibrary.com, I was hooked. Now here is someone willing to speak the truth, and it's up to all of us to get behind that.

So I started by helping, and eventually organizing, the Triangle Ron Paul Meetup (#52). Here are some of my blog posts that demonstrate the fun we're having, many of which have been extensively distributed already:

http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/
http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2007/11/03/meeting-ron-paul/

As I was learning power of grassroots organizing, and having more and more folks ask about my running for Congress, my wife and I finally came to terms with the necessity of taking back our district, and by extension our country.

In terms of winning this race, I'm actually relatively confident. Despite the fact that everyone "in politics" thinks David Price is unassailable, my intelligence from the grassroots suggests otherwise:

First and foremost is the message itself. I can engage ANYONE with the message of a Constitutional federal government. What's not to love? And when we discuss what that admittedly abstract concept *means*, people discover *real* solutions to our current economic and social problems. All of us -- conservatives and progressives -- see the same problems. The uniqueness of the Constitutional message is that the solutions unite instead of divide.

Next is the district itself. David Price has been in office 11 terms, and hasn't had to run a real campaign in years. His office staff is often condescending and dismissive to his constituents, and reflects an imperial image that is rubbing folks on both sides of the aisle the wrong way. Also, there has been a lot of immigration (legal as well as illegal!) to the district over the past 4-6 years. As a result, there are lots of young professionals and families who don't know Rep. Price, yet who share the same concerns for the country.

Finally is our organization. I discovered early on that there's a difference between "being run" for an office and "running" for an office. My primary opponent is truly "being run", and it shows in his efforts. We are *running* for office, and the difference between active voice and passive voice is obvious! :) The Meetup has come together around my candidacy, and we have a great Web site, great yard signs, a great IT organization to drive our GOTV/organizing, great photography/videography... all because PEOPLE CARE.

In liberty,
BJ

William (B.J.) Lawson

(late)Welcome to the forums BJ!

Hopefully this sub-forum can help candidates like you spread the word on their campaign. If you have any suggestions or questions please let us know.

Best of luck!

wtl
01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Wow... What a way to get noticed!

You guys will like this, seems like some local party folks are hanging out at Ron Paul Forums and sent out an "attack" email based upon this thread. I felt compelled to respond here:

http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2008/01/15/what-is-a-true-republican/

Enjoy, and stay positive!

BJ

William (B.J.) Lawson
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/52

wtl
01-16-2008, 01:37 AM
I tried it again and it worked fine. I had a recent chargeback and perhaps the money I thought I had in my account wasn't actually there yet. Now all good.

Go get 'em!

P.S. There is a new "Videos" section on LibertyCongress.com and your videos are listed first and accompanied by a link to your donatation page. Hope that helps!

Rock, thanks... and thanks for a great resource @ LibertyCongress.

BJ

farmingtim
01-16-2008, 03:50 AM
I've checked with some of the Liberty Candidates if a "money bomb" would be good. Some have found if you set a date donations stop until then, and they need the money now to campaign before their primary is up. I'd just encourage all the meetups and Paul supporters to decide on your own to donate at least 5 dollars a week to 1, 2, 3 of the available Congressional Candidates.

You can view them at www.paulcongress.com or Rock's site www.libertycongress.com. And if you know of more we haven't listed, please email us!

Tim

mtmedlin
01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
The local parties attacked him for being too Constitutional. Ironic isnt it.

Paulitic
01-16-2008, 06:20 PM

You're not seeing the forest from the trees, grasshopper.

BJ,
Best of luck with the campaign. You are EXACTLY the type of people we need to restore the Republic!

MozoVote
01-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Just coughed up $50, waiting for my confirmation.

I moved out of the Triangle in 1991, but I remember David Price as an annoying prick even then. Good Luck, BJ

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow... What a way to get noticed!

You guys will like this, seems like some local party folks are hanging out at Ron Paul Forums and sent out an "attack" email based upon this thread. I felt compelled to respond here:

http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2008/01/15/what-is-a-true-republican/

Enjoy, and stay positive!

BJ

William (B.J.) Lawson
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/52

Looks like some of the things I said in this thread made the e-mail, lol ;)

It's really sad and disappointing, but somewhat unsurprising. The good news is that we know your positive message will rise above these petty attacks and if they're attacking us like this they must know you're the front runner! :D

The bottom line is the voters of NC's 4th District don't care about petty attacks like this, they care about issues and the things they have to deal with in their lives. That's is why you will win, BJ, because you're running a campaign based on issues and a positive message.

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I've checked with some of the Liberty Candidates if a "money bomb" would be good. Some have found if you set a date donations stop until then, and they need the money now to campaign before their primary is up. I'd just encourage all the meetups and Paul supporters to decide on your own to donate at least 5 dollars a week to 1, 2, 3 of the available Congressional Candidates.

You can view them at www.paulcongress.com or Rock's site www.libertycongress.com. And if you know of more we haven't listed, please email us!

Tim

Thanks for your efforts!

You make a great point about donations stopping or slowing before "money bomb" dates.

...That's why help or donations that can given to BJ's campaign now would be greatly appreciated. :D

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
The local parties attacked him for being too Constitutional. Ironic isnt it.

Amen. It's especially ironic when you read the NC GOP Platform (http://www.ncgop.org/gopinformation/platform.asp) which makes many mentions of the Constitution and includes these gems:

4. We honor the original meaning of our Constitutions and the inalienable [sic] rights of the American people as recognized in the Bill of Rights and the North Carolina Declaration of Rights.

1. We embrace the vision for America established by our nation’s founders — the authors of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the North Carolina Declaration of Rights.

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Just coughed up $50, waiting for my confirmation.

Thanks!

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 03:06 PM
man Bj website is probably one of the nicest I've seen on a congressional run, keep up the good fight Lawson!

I agree. The Terra Eclipse (http://www.terraeclipse.com/) guys did a GREAT job.

Danny Molina
01-26-2008, 10:21 AM
You won't make 300K with a post in this forum. Some people never leave the grassroots section.

rs3515
01-26-2008, 11:38 AM
You won't make 300K with a post in this forum. Some people never leave the grassroots section.

That's ok Danny, we're going to help change that. In the next few weeks we will be launching Freeople.com, where there will be upfront advertising for people to be able to immediately donate to freedom-minded candidates.

Check out the site when you get a chance and join the effort! www.freeople.com

FireofLiberty
01-26-2008, 03:48 PM

I agree, and it's unfortunate, because I originally posted this there for this very reason and it got moved here.

FireofLiberty
01-26-2008, 03:49 PM
That's ok Danny, we're going to help change that. In the next few weeks we will be launching Freeople.com, where there will be upfront advertising for people to be able to immediately donate to freedom-minded candidates.

Check out the site when you get a chance and join the effort! www.freeople.com

Ron, just gotta say again that the site looks GREAT!