PDA

View Full Version : Few Observations From The Debate

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I think Ron Paul has done an amazing job in the debates. You should have seen the way I was jumping around when he nailed them on electability, but with all that said I think he could do a little justice to his message by playing a little more offensively.

What do I mean by that? I think Ron Paul spends a great deal of time defending his position (and he does it well) because the Republicans and media in general have spent a great deal of time attacking him. However, in the mist of the attacks I think he needs to start going on the offensive. In my opinion, it would do his message some justice and would sway more voters. Maybe something to this affect "Let me ask you a question, over the last 20 years has our current direction worked? It has NOT and in the real world if something doesn't work for 20 years, then you change it and THATS WHAT I OFFER, CHANGE!" And then seriously hit them with a long list of what he wants to do. Now I’m not saying it has to look like that, but a good offense can be the best defense. I think he really needs to start nailing them to the wall the way he did last night on electability. I mean the way he viciously attacked them. He was a different person and in my eyes made them all look stupid.

One other comment now that I think about it, and I hate to say this, but I think he needs to spend a little more time respecting the other candidates. I know, I know, but hear me out here. You don’t want to see Ron Paul get isolated by the other candidates because the people (voters) may isolate him as well. However, if he took a different approach such as saying something like McCain did “I do truly respect every one up here they work their butts off…” I think that would play much better to the candidates and voters than letting the other candidate’s isolate him the way they have been, because if the other candidates continue to attack Ron Paul, but he continues to show class no matter what the attack is, people will notice that.

Just a few observations that I think would do serve him well.

Go Ron Paul!

DealzOnWheelz
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I agree except with the respect part

RON PAUL gives everyone respect even though they treat him like shit

He doesn't need to do anything more than he's been doing

If he just continues on the path of righteousness we will prevail

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the republican party is really trying hard to isolate him from the rest of the party. That's why I think he needs to spend a little bit of tim voicing some respectful comments about the other candidates.