PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Help with Negative Attention in Local Media

bdennis5
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't Post here often but need to get some help getting the positive word out to local media in my area. We have been damaged by either a misguided supporter of Ron Paul or by people trying to draw negative attention to Ron's Name. Either way the media is playing it and printing it in our market. We are a decent portion of the Arkansas Republican Vote and I am ashamed of whoever did this. The act was someone using temporary spray paint on county buildings spray painting "Ron Paul" and the website address. I know it is the most idiotic thing I have seen performed yet and I am ashamed that my area had to be the one to do this.

I have already sent a request to the two meetups I am involved with but would like others who may have a second to send a letter to the news stations explaining that we as the Ron Paul supporters do not support or condone this activity so they know we are upstanding citizens. Our area is Benton County in Northwest Arkansas for your emails.

Here are the stories below.
Here are the email addresses of editors and news stations in the area to send your thoughts of how we do not support this type of behavior.

Article: http://www.nwanews.com/bcdr/News/57542/ Email: email@nwarktimes.com and jeffm@nwanews.com
Article: http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/01/09/news/011008bzgraffiti.txt EMAIL: rprudenti@nwaonline.net and ssims@nwaonline.net

Article and Video: http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=9815 Contacts: wray@knwa.com mturner@knwa.com njones@knwa.com

Thanks for the help. We have been rigorusly going door to door in our precinct lists getting the word out so I dont want to let this take all of our work away. We are starting to work on getting funding for local media advertising as well, since none of the candidates have been funding local advertising.

freelance
01-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe the meetup group could offer to remove it and get some positive media that way?

bdennis5
01-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Yes we contacted them and they washed it off easily but I want to contact the media to let them know we dont approve of it.

jbrace
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I was nervous at first because I thought it had been done in white paint, " McGinnis said. "But it appears it was some kind of chalky substance, and it cleaned up rather quickly."

I'm from arkansas I'll call them.. but it wasn't paint it was a chalky substance.

ronpaulhawaii
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
First they ignore you
Then they ridicule you
Then they attack you
Then you win!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That video link was a crafty smear piece. No RP supporter in their right mind would ever do this. Since there is no way to prove this was one of us, can the media be held accountable for defamation of character???

I encourage people to write polite and well reasoned rebuttals to these articles

Sorry to see your area to be the first to suffer this attack and feel we should be prepared for more of the same. Is there any way to pre-empt this type of attack via press release etc???

bdennis5
01-11-2008, 01:35 PM
It is possible that it is from an outside group trying to attack us from within. I don’t know of any way to thwart the efforts other than reaching out to the media with emails denouncing the actions as a Ron Paul supporter and offering to make retributions in some way. I offered to personally do community service for the name of Ron Paul to show we don’t want this type of activity and willing to put our work in to help.

It is crafty if it is someone trying to sabotage us. We are in the Heart of Huckabee land. They take my signs down on Private Property every day.