PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota needs help from the official campaign for pettitions

skyorbit
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM
The Deadline to file a nominating Petition is March 25th. They need to be filed by the official campaign with his signiture on it. This isn't something the grass-roots can do.

We need 2070 signitures, and we haven't started yet.

Apparently we need signitures to file to become party delegates also.

We need to get on this now. We don't want the same thing to happen here that happened in Wyoming.

The Campaign seems to have this idea that our Primery is in June so they can put us off.

It's not true. The Delagates aren't required to vote the way the primery voters tell them too.

Our State is more of a caucus state. Local county conventions are held some-time before state convention -- it's different for Every county -- to choose the delagates that go to the State Party Convention.

The State Party convention is held in March. That's where they select the Delegates, that go to National.

Then we have a Primery in June which is really nothing more then a suggestion to the Delegates about who to vote for. But Really, the primery is meaningless.

Tracy

literatim
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
So why are you posting on a forum? You do realize that no official campaign staff read this forum?

skyorbit
01-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I e-mailed the official campaign about it too.

Just thought I'd spread the word, in case anybody here had contacts with the official campaign.

Tracy

Ann Kobialka
01-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I would suggest you call in and ask them who you need to talk to about this