PDA

View Full Version : Former FoxNews watchers confession thread

roseburg
01-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I want this thread to be a place where people who once watched Fox News can feel safe to come and repent of their mistake.

I'll go first. I'm sorry for all the friends and family I negatively affected by watching and absorbing all the trash that Fox News would feed me. Please forgive me.

Eponym_mi
01-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Laurie Dhue gives me wood.:D

Chernitsky
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
welcome

I joined the club in March '03

Ron2Win
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
It's so weird after you step out of the Matrix, now I question everything.

OrbitalGun
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
You can count me in as an ex-FixedNews watcher. I have to admit that I do cheat sometimes.

Chernitsky
01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
cheat?

wtf are you talking about?

speciallyblend
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
have my fox channels boycotted... and i called fox 31 in colorado and explained im calling everyone i can to spread this boycott.

Paulitician
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
There is no problem watching cable news but realize you're being fed propaganda. They often inject some sort of spin into their coverage, so if you can unspin it, it's not bad to watch in order too keep up on things.

SovereignMN
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I admit it. I stumbled onto Fox back during the Klinton impeachment hearings. I became a frequent viewer of O'Reilly and Hannity/Colmes.

Even after I personally left the Republican party in 2000 I still watched Faux until around 2003.

Please forgive me.

bjrnet
Oh my.... I am so sorry. Please forgive me for my past sins and for thinking FOX was really fair and balanced.

Of all the networks, FOX NEWS is the most "unfair" and most "unbalanced" (i.e., biased) station out there. I have vowed to never watch their program again AND to never trust news information from a single source or even just a few sources.

Michael Dalton
http://www.bjrnet.com

PS - It's hard to make up your mind if they've already made it up for you!

cheese
I used to love foxnews. I watched o'reilly every night. I thought they were fair and at least balanced out the other cry-baby liberal media. But they lost me last night. They have Ron Paul, the most fiscally conservative candidate, on and treat him like shit. It was blatant and painful to watch. I dont think I will ever watch them again. They've already sunk below the standards of their competition. :(

OrbitalGun
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
cheat?

wtf are you talking about?I was too impatient to wait for the debate youtube and turned them on. Sorry.

Truth Warrior
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
There is no problem watching cable news but realize you're being fed propaganda. They often inject some sort of spin into their coverage, so if you can unspin it, it's not bad to watch in order too keep up on things.
Plus it's sometimes very good for laughs. :D

kidal25
01-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Laurie Dhue gives me wood.:D

i second that

traitorist
01-11-2008, 11:34 AM
used to watch Fox too, now i don't watch any of the chit on TV, as i have long ago disconnected my dish. my TV is just a relic sitting on the shelf in my living room.

Paulitician
01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Plus it's sometimes very good for laughs. :D
Indeed :)

I sometimes watch it for sheer morbid curiosity

"Hmm, I wonder what the the sheeple are being fed today..."

sparebulb
01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I have always known that the MSM has been attempting to control my thought and opinion. It is obvious that Faux Fabrication is not content with just propaganda. They want hard control over not only thought, but speech and freedom.

CopperheadNC
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I stopped watching Fox the first time I saw this jackass:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/236343/0_62_320_Brian_Kilmeade_new.jpg

I have an irrational hatred for his head, and am too tempted to throw a boot at the TV whenever he is on. I have an expensive TV, so it is better just to make sure I never watch Fox.

paulitics
never did, but I listen to the neocon radio shows for entertainment. I need to keep the mind occupied when driving.

jcbraithwaite7
Aren't there supposed to be donuts and coffee at these meetings? Oh wait... that's another kind of meeting.

I feel dirty for my past dedication to Hannity and O'Really. Now it is like a car accident... I don't want to look but I do because of the morbid carnage. It is a sad afliction but nothing that a little freedom, truth and reality cures.

It amazes me how they no longer try to hide the bias. I watched Outfoxed on google video and man I regret so many past discussions about partisan politics. They are ALL corrupt with the exception of Ron Paul.

The best rehab is to canvass!

Truth Warrior
01-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Indeed :)

I sometimes watch it for sheer morbid curiosity

"Hmm, I wonder what the the sheeple are being fed today..."

BINGO! EXACTLY!

Thanks!

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 11:38 AM
I started watching Faux Noise in 1997. I was a huge O'Reilly fan (God forgive me) and even spread the word about his show to everyone I could.

I was even a premium member and a frequent poster on his boards until I got kicked off defending Ron Paul back in August - although, I started losing my trust in O'Reilly several months before I got kicked off.

Please forgive me? I am heartily sorry for having offended thee.

kidal25
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I like O'Reilly's articles but I just can't stand his arrogant character on T.V.

Nic4Truth
01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
haha... yes please forgive me for listening to Hannity on the radio daily while driving to class back when Bush was up for reelection 4 years ago, trying to memorize every word to go up against those very evil "liberals".
(talk about polarization)

I am convinced my parents brainwashed me, but I forgive them, because they were also under the fauxspell. I also ask for forgiveness for my dad, who to this day, still watches Faux and believes the trash that they spew.

I forgive my family members who love faux and are at the clutch of the Murdoch monster claw, and will try to remember this every time they try to pick a fight over what channel is more liberal then the other.

Chernitsky
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
good to see people finally coming around

trying to debate FNC watchers (especially O'Reilly) was like punching a brick wall expecting it to break - I hate all of them

2004 election was a fun time....

tommy7154
01-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I used to love watching O'reilly and some fairly hot blond whose name I cant remember at the moment...but god was I blind. I feel abused, brainwashed and so F-ing naive...This isn't news. Then I watched CNN. Now THAT was the news...right?? WRONG AGAIN!! I would have been much better off getting my news from the fucking Onion.

LinkClan
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
I am so so sorry, I have had no television for 10yrs+, but i used to go to that web address for what I thought was news. Please forgive me my stupidity and give me the wisdom to ascertain current, past and future events with the true wisdom of this forum.

Grandson of Liberty
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah. Recovering former fox news viewer. Sober 6 months.

RP4Life
01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
You are all forgiven. The most important part of all this is that you finally DID wake up.

That's all that matters.

Now let us pray that more sleepers are awakened...many, many more.

762x54r
01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
I watch foxnews as often as I can stand it. "know your enemy"

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will fight without danger in battles.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself

Apparition
01-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I stopped watching the very second that the coverage of "Operation: WMD" turned into "Operation: Iraqi Freedom"... and even then I had some fairly liberal friends trying to get me to wake up who had been right all along about the dangerous evil that resides in our government.

FunkBuddha
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I quit about 8 months ago... and I've gotten a few others to quit as well.

Ibtz
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Mea culpa...mea culpa...mea maxima culpa!

familydog
01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I've been clean since August!

jacmicwag
01-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I still watch Hannity now and then to see people make fun of him running from the Paulites (like several people did last night). This is a 100-year war with Fox. Last night at the very end of the broadcast, they aired the part of Paul holding his ear and saying he couldn't hear the question while everyone on stage and in the audience laughed. They pretty much will do anything to belittle both Paul and his supporters - in essence, picking for a fight. I think they forgot the basic rule of running a successful business long ago - don't piss off the customers. Hopefully, the free market will eventually teach them a lesson.

enjerth
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I watched Fox News for several years, until the news about Ron Paul being left out of the NH GOP Presidential Forum.

Last night's reports have only solidified my resolve to boycott fox and their supporters.

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Too bad I've never seen FOXNEWS except on youtube since Dr. Paul began to run for president.