PDA

View Full Version : The Religious Factor.

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Now I'm not highly relgious but didn't Christ takes moral responsibility for our sins? Like Christ, Paul takes moral responsibility for his newletter papers. This says a lot about his character indiscriminately . Paul lives by morals while the others just use them for polictal gain and flaunt them on their sleeves. That in itself if unchristain isn't it?

basevolgal
01-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I am a Christian and let me be the first to tell you that Christians can be the most HYPOCRITICAL people on the face of the planet. Just look at Mike Huckabee- Mr "I have a Theology Degree" (he doesn't) and he's obviously not a good father. Look up what that psycho son of his did to a dog when he was in boy scouts. That's how serial killers get started- killing animals cruelly.

Paulitician
01-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Meh, doesn't matter. Being Christian doesn't matter. It's just an emotional/social thing. You can say you're very relgious, or even patroitic, but it's meaningless. It's empty (especially when you don't strictly adhere to those principles or totally contradict them). It's just a way of pulling the emotional strings of people. That's why Huckabee milks his "religous values" all he can.

It's called cognitive dissonance. Yeah, we know Ron Paul is right about Jesus being the prince of peace, we know the Iraq war is not a Just War, we know that Republicans spend more than even the so-called "liberal" Democrats, we know we should have smaller government... so what?

disciple
01-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Ron Paul clearly has shown himself to be guided by the golden rule in his personal life and political philosophy. That's sufficient for me in forming my opinion about him and rejecting all the mud thrown at him.