PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice McCains "straight talk"

giarcc6269
01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
This is part of the Immigration Debate...

GOLER: And I'd like to focus on immigration, which polls indicate is a big issue here in South Carolina, as it was in New Hampshire.

(APPLAUSE)

Senator McCain, the president's push for immigration reform failed mainly because of disagreements over your plan for dealing with the 12 million people now here illegally. You say you've learned your lesson, you'd secure the borders first. OK. Then how would you deal with the illegals?

MCCAIN: Actually, it failed because the American people had no trust or confidence in the federal government to do its job, because we had passed a law in 1986 that said we'd allow citizenship and actually what happened was that we didn't secure the borders, as we promised. So Americans need to restore their trust and confidence.

I know how to secure the borders.

MCCAIN: I come from a border state where our borders are broken. More people come across our border illegally every year than most any other state.

Well if he knows how to secure the borders, why is HIS state the the worst offender?

Does this guy know what he is talking about? He is saying he can solve the problem, but he IS the problem...He is also saying that American's are the problem...what a clown.

Also, if he knows how to secure the borders, why doesn't he share this knowledge with the current administration? This is very selfish IMO.

jasonuher
01-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I have to agree, I laughed at loud when he said that.

Maybe his new motto should be: "Nothing says experience like failure"

JSutter
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I liked McCain in 2000 because he seemed very frank and honest but he seems to have done a total 180 since then. I don't know if the personal attacks from Bush back then got to him or if he just wants to be the President so bad now that he will do and say anything to get it but either way I don't trust him. I think he knows if he doesn't win this year he will never have another chance and he's willing to sell his soul to fulfill his dream.

giarcc6269
01-11-2008, 10:33 AM
McCain is like a great big fat guy giving diet advice...

dkim68
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
:p

disciple
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
John McCain's straight talk goes something like this: You do not need to tell me that I am a warmonger SOB, I will tell you that I am a warmonger SOB.

azminuteman
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM

GOLER: And I'd like to focus on immigration, which polls indicate is a big issue here in South Carolina, as it was in New Hampshire.

(APPLAUSE)

Senator McCain, the president's push for immigration reform failed mainly because of disagreements over your plan for dealing with the 12 million people now here illegally. You say you've learned your lesson, you'd secure the borders first. OK. Then how would you deal with the illegals?

MCCAIN: Actually, it failed because the American people had no trust or confidence in the federal government to do its job, because we had passed a law in 1986 that said we'd allow citizenship and actually what happened was that we didn't secure the borders, as we promised. So Americans need to restore their trust and confidence.

MCCAIN: I come from a border state where our borders are broken. More people come across our border illegally every year than most any other state.

Well if he knows how to secure the borders, why is HIS state the the worst offender?

Does this guy know what he is talking about? He is saying he can solve the problem, but he IS the problem...He is also saying that American's are the problem...what a clown.

Also, if he knows how to secure the borders, why doesn't he share this knowledge with the current administration? This is very selfish IMO.

EXACTLY!

I voted for the guy in the last election and now I consider him an enemy of the state; especially my state.
-So he's for lengthy foreign entanglements which means he will be for a draft and HR393 is on the table (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-393).
-He's done NOTHING for securing the border in his own state.
-He's against pork spending which sounds good but that also means that MY TAX MONEY went to some other state

luvfreedom
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM

:D

mikeycapz
01-11-2008, 10:42 AM
and he says he speaks nothing but the truth. he basically just admitted hes a liar and cant secure borders all in 1 sentence. I also strongly believe hes got some kinda connection with fox news

homah
01-11-2008, 10:47 AM

(APPLAUSE)

Can someone make a youtube out of just the part in bold? It would be maybe a 5 second clip, but it would speak volumes.