PDA

View Full Version : We now have a grassroots communications coordinator

dante
01-11-2008, 10:03 AM
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

Honored to Join the Ron Paul Revolution
January 10th, 2008 by Dan McCarthy

A quick post just to introduce myself: I’m Daniel McCarthy, new Grassroots Communications Coordinator for Ron Paul, and I’ll be blogging here regularly to bring you news from both inside and out of the campaign on the progress we’re making in taking back our country. I’ve been literary editor of the American Conservative and a freelancer for magazines like Reason and Chronicles, but I’ve never been as proud to be associated with anybody as I am to be working for Ron Paul. Dr. Paul’s message of Constitutional government, liberty, peace, and commerce — the values upon which this Republic was founded — is spreading by the day, and I’m honored to fight, and write, for the cause.

chiplitfam
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
See folks. It IS getting better every day. We must increase in strength and unity every hour. We are going to make it. The Neocons are collapsing.

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Excellent news!

FrankRep
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM

What's his background?

SteveMartin
01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
How does one register to be able to post in the new blog for the Grassroots Communication Coordinator?

I am VERY excited about this appointment, as I feel our voices HAVE BEEN HEARD. Hopefully things will improve from here on out!

dante
01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Gentleman did any of you read Dr. Paul's email yesterday? If you have constructive criticism give it. If you don't find something productive to say. If you can't do either donate money.

roversaurus
01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for doing this.

RollOn2day
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
OK this is good! Now where do I post my questions and constructive feedback?

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
too little too late

It's never too late... With that type of attitude I guarantee we'll lose. Look, if the other team makes a touchdown, we don't pack up our bags and go home. We play with our hearts and our minds until that very last quarter of the game. We give a 110% and we'll drive it into the in zone.

For me, I'm happy that we our getting a grassroots coordinator. I'm seeing a lot of different ideas and diverging thoughts. We need someone to guide this group to one single voice. Otherwise were going to be in the paradigm of "we can do five things half assed or do one thing very well".

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Gentleman did any of you read Dr. Paul's email yesterday? If you have constructive criticism give it. If you don't find something productive to say. If you can't do either donate money.

Amen!

You should have seen me jumping around my house when Ron Paul nailed them on electability.

IMO I think it would do some justice to Ron Paul's speech if he said something like this "Let me ask you a question over the last 20 years has our current direction worked? It hasn't and in the real world if something doesn't work for 20 years, then you change it and THATS WHAT I OFFER, CHANGE!" And then maybe start listing some of the things he wants to do.

He's been on the defense a lot lately and I think he needs to start playing the offense game. Sometimes a good offense is a good defense.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM

Great!

RollOn2day
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
If we have a new communications co-ordinator.....how do I communicate with them?

I'm seeing multiple threads and posts expounding on our observations and feelings but.....they are not under one thread for "HQ Communication Coordiator Central" or other. These great posts my not get read or noticed if we don't have a definitve thread to place them.

I read the letter on HQ website thinking that there would be link to start participating in this very needed contact.

So I ask again....how do I communicate with this newly appointed coordinator?

InTheoryTV
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Great News.

Stay positive people and keep campaigning and canvasing! Less than 1% of the delegates have been selected.

At my meetup group last night we had a packed room of very positive people learning and sharing of what we need to do, and that is work on getting the vote out. We are calling people and finding voters as well as others who support Ron Paul and want to help call more people.

Find supporters, empower them and go for the win!

Focus on the positive, and ignore the negative.

alicegardener
01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Complete the link, Dan; tell us how to talk to you or your title means nothing.

Hook
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
So does this guy have direct face-to-face contact with Ron and Snyder every day so that we can get straight to the top? Does he show up here daily and communicate (both ways) with us? Or is he just a rah-rah reporter?

Sounds good, but we need communications both ways in real-time.

ronpaulhawaii
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Patience is a virtue, please give it a day or two before everyone starts screaming for access

RollOn2day
01-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Whaaaaaaaaa but I want access NOW!

Whaaaaaaa!:p

LiberalDemForRP
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Wow.

frasu
01-11-2008, 01:00 PM

good advice... constant bitching is a waste of time... common sense people, common sense...

mikeInAZ
01-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Isn't having a communications coordinator the first step in getting that dialog going that everyone's been screaming for? Well, you're one step closer, so chill the hell out and stop complaining about everything. That will get us absolutely nowhere. This is a *good* thing.

derdy
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
sweet!

danda
01-11-2008, 02:22 PM

FYI, I've added this blog feed to http://ronpaulplanet.org. Scraping Ron Paul blogs and news hourly from all across the intertubes.

Shavenyak
01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
to have my support you need new competent HQ staff who won't alienate the media in everything they do. Think Fox likes Huckabee? No. But his staff engages with them like a professional should instead of pissing them off so he gets coverage.

Just a comment:

If you notice, every candidate has been a flash in the pan so far. Paul biding his time until Super Tuesday might be the greatest plan in the history of politics. If Super Tuesday drops on a massive upswing of Paul support, he could be unstoppable. He's been waiting all his life for this chance and taking advantage of American's short attention spans might be the perfect plan.

All my politically savvy friends in California still have no idea who’s really running and what they stand for yet.