PDA

View Full Version : Israel doesn't need us: RP Keeps Missing a Slam-dunk on the Israel question...

t3rmin
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM
He keeps missing a great opportunity on the "Should we be helping Israel?" question. Every time this subject comes up I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for him to drive it home with this easy slam-dunk. Something like this:

"Israel doesn't need us because she's PROVEN able to take care of herself. Ever heard of the Yom Kippur War? Even when vastly outnumbered and taken by surprise on a Jewish holy day Israel kicked ass all the way back to Cairo! (*HUGE AUDIENCE APPLAUSE*) The Six-Day War is similar. Against tremendous odds and a coalition of hostile nations, Israel triumphed. Israel is determined, tough, well-prepared and we are ONLY HURTING THEM WITH OUR INVOLVEMENT."

Of course the stuff he's using about 3-times the aid to Arab nations, how Israel has nukes and Arabs don't, and such is great. But this lesson from history shows in no uncertain terms that Israel can take care of herself.

I'm what you might call a "Zionist" type person, so I want to see what's best for Israel. To me it's plain as day, when considering the above, that our meddling is only interfering with Israel's defense.

malibu
01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
The term I heard Ron Paul use for the first time was how Israel is a step-child of the U.S. -

I love the accuracy of that line, since Great Britain is Israel's true parent - no revisionists can ever re-write THAT fact.

Ira Aten
01-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I think he did an excellent job last night on the question of Israel.

He very cleary said, Israel is quite capable of taking care of herself, if we'd butt out of the Middle East "peace" process.

He said they did a good job on their own when they bombed the nuclear reactor several years ago, and he said if we halt aid to both Israel and the Palestanians, then the Palestanians would have three times less weaponry, since we supply the Palestanians with three times more aid financially.

He did a wonderful job touching the third rail of foreign policy, and came away with a real idea for change.

NOBODY in recent political history (I mean the last fifty years) has ever dared to say "lets not interfere with either one of them", as everyone (Beorge Bush included now) has thought they would magically "put Israel and Palestine on the path to peace" and solve something that has gone on for AGES.

Paul said exactly what you wanted him to say last night!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you watch the debate? He said leave Israel alone, don't aid ANYONE, and every NEOCON on the dias jumped him. Julie Annie even interrupted with some garbled claim of spending an enormous time in Israel, and how he had been involved in foreign affairs as Mayor of New York (?) etc. and Ron Paul just told them the truth.

Let THEM deal with their security problems, and quit halting them from acting within their soveriegn rights as an indepenant nation!

What more could you ask for?

Talldude1412
01-11-2008, 10:05 AM
I think he did an excellent job last night on the question of Israel.

He very cleary said, Israel is quite capable of taking care of herself, if we'd butt out of the Middle East "peace" process.

He said they did a good job on their own when they bombed the nuclear reactor several years ago, and he said if we halt aid to both Israel and the Palestanians, then the Palestanians would have three times less weaponry, since we supply the Palestanians with three times more aid financially.

He did a wonderful job touching the third rail of foreign policy, and came away with a real idea for change.

NOBODY in recent political history (I mean the last fifty years) has ever dared to say "lets not interfere with either one of them", as everyone (Beorge Bush included now) has thought they would magically "put Israel and Palestine on the path to peace" and solve something that has gone on for AGES.

Paul said exactly what you wanted him to say last night!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you watch the debate? He said leave Israel alone, don't aid ANYONE, and every NEOCON on the dias jumped him. Julie Annie even interrupted with some garbled claim of spending an enormous time in Israel, and how he had been involved in foreign affairs as Mayor of New York (?) etc. and Ron Paul just told them the truth.

Let THEM deal with their security problems, and quit halting them from acting within their soveriegn rights as an indepenant nation!

What more could you ask for?

Did you read Julie's response to Paul's "absurd" idea that we can leave Israel alone? It was hysterical! It was the most poorly formulated and incoherent point I have ever witnessed. He has travelled to Israel on several occasions ooooooo, lol, um how does that rebuke any of Ron's points? I thought that was an amazing slam dunk on Ron Paul's points about foreign policy, fantastically well stated.

t3rmin
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah the "step-child" and "adult" talk was really good!

But I think the Yom Kippur and Six-Day Wars are fairly decisive. It's examples from history. These are times when Israel was outnumbered many times to 1 and still took care of herself. People think Israel is too small and too outnumbered over there, and if we left them alone they'd just get swallowed up in a sea of Arabs. The point is that they've (Arabs) already tried that several times, and got their (Arabs) butt's kicked severely.