PDA

View Full Version : Observation about Negativity.

KewlRonduderules
01-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I have been on these forums for quite a while and have been reading them since June. I did not become a member until September. Pretty much I have paid close attention to the changes in these forums especially in the last month from December to January.

What is alarming is that the negativity is so subtle that it is definitely affecting morale. I hear people making threats of abandoning the campaign if Dr. Paul does not do something they do no like, e.g., the racism letters or request a recount in NH. I ask myself, "What kind of supporter is that?" Dr. Paul's message is about peace, prosperity and freedom. It makes me question if indeed people are aware that this affects morale. Moreover, it makes me question if these people are indeed supporters. Don't people realize that subtle threats are demoralizing? It does not help the grassroots all. If you really feel compelled to leave the campaign, please leave quietly. Don't rant and rave on here about how dr. Paul dissappointed you.

I ask people to really think critically about this- that is precisely how they want you to think- they want you to abandon his campaign. Don't let them sway you.

We know all the stuff is B.S. about Dr. Paul. We know they feel threatened by him and hence, they need to attack him. Now, Dr. Paul is fighting back aggressively too. He has too because he does not have a choice because they are attacking him aggressively. We have to do the same thing- be firm, assertive, and aggressive (nonviolent of course). He is our leader- let's follow his lead.

Let us not fall victim to the MSM and the powers that be who want to derail our campaign. Their attacks are clearly in full force. People need to remember this. Hang on and keep supporting our campaign. It is a struggle and it is not going to be easy. In fact, it will be very tough. there will be ups and downs. But we need to hang tough and together for Dr. Paul's sake and for the sake of our country.

I will be a supporter no matter what.

Thank you for you attention.

:)

Drea
01-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Agreed!

Let's not forget all of the "demands" posted here that involve HQ and 'the campaign'. Most of these threats, demands and statements are full of generalities --->my point being that most, at best, can be construed as rumors.

Give me some real facts and I might listen. Mostly though, I'm observing.

I'm tired of people posting their threats here to RP, HQ and 'the campaign'. If you really believe something to be true and believe it needs to be changed, you'd be handling it yourself personally (or at least REALLY attempting to) and posting FACTS to garner the support of others... not posting generalities and threats.

I do have to disagree on your point that it can be demoralizing to the rest of us. Maybe to some. But most RP supporters have already cut their teeth on being able to see through bullshit. That's why they are here. They instead get mad and actually do something about it.

Drea

KewlRonduderules
01-11-2008, 10:27 AM
:D

j6p
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
true some of these people are taking the wrong path. Getting stuck some petty small thing. like the letters. Give me a F-ing break. Politics is all about smear.

Wyurm
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
You are definitely correct. Alot has happened and it seems a few have forgotten why we are here. Our country is going down the tubes. We have a financial crisis looming, a war that seems like it intends to spread like an out-of-control virus, our individual freedoms all but gone, and it just seems to go on forever. Ron Paul is the only one speaking for us, the people of the United States. He asked us to stick together because that is the only way we can get anywhere with this battle. I'll be a Ron Paul supporter forever no matter what happens, because Ron Paul isn't just a candidate for president. Ron Paul is an icon representing what we as a country so desperately need.

The negativity is just plain petty and does absolutely no good.

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I can understand having concerns over how the campaign is being handled or the newsletters, bad press, etc. But there are many people posting regularly on this forum who constantly piss and moan about it and never have anything positive to contribute.

You are right. They are downers. They are useless. They need to find another venue.

jake
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
agreed. it seems a large number of detractors have a join date of Dec. or Jan.
it's ok - they will be replaced by real patriots here every day.

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm a fairly recent Ron Paul convert (November). The newsletter thing troubles me due to how the public views it. But for now, I'm still in Paul's corner because I know in my mind and my heart that he is not at all like that. Yet, I can understand those who are tempted to withdraw support because it is difficult to accept that he didn't know much about what was going on and who was doing it. Different people value different things differently.

Having said that, I am first and foremost a supporter of Paul's platform. It's a platform that needs to live on, with or without Paul as a candidate. Even if something were to happen to cause me to no longer support Dr. Paul (which I don't expect to happen), I'm in the "revolution" for the long haul. We may just have to find another mentor.

We cannot allow the movement to be relegated to a status on par with a minor party. So if you drop your support for Paul, I implore you, do not drop your support for what Paul stands for. For the sake of our future and the future of coming generations, we must not let the "Ron Paul movement" to lose momentum.

KewlRonduderules
01-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm a fairly recent Ron Paul convert (November). The newsletter thing troubles me due to how the public views it. But for now, I'm still in Paul's corner because I know in my mind and my heart that he is not at all like that. Yet, I can understand those who are tempted to withdraw support because it is difficult to accept that he didn't know much about what was going on and who was doing it. Different people value different things differently.

Having said that, I am first and foremost a supporter of Paul's platform. It's a platform that needs to live on, with or without Paul as a candidate. Even if something were to happen to cause me to no longer support Dr. Paul (which I don't expect to happen), I'm in the "revolution" for the long haul. We may just have to find another mentor.
We cannot allow the movement to be relegated to a status on par with a minor party. So if you drop your support for Paul, I implore you, do not drop your support for what Paul stands for. For the sake of our future and the future of coming generations, we must not let the "Ron Paul movement" to lose momentum.

See this is a problem. Are you aware you language creates an environment to question Dr. Paul's legitimacy. I know you don't mean to do this but such statements create this atmosphere.

There should be no question about Dr. Paul's legitimacy. Remember innocent until proven guilty. I have not even considered leaving the campaign- and will not even consider this as an option.

I have always like the phrase - " Failure is not an option!" I whole heartedly believe this.

Leaving an option to drop support suggests failure- I cannot support your statements above. I support his ideas and I support Dr. Paul.

Something to think about.

;)

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 11:13 AM
See this is a problem. Are you aware you language creates an environment to question Dr. Paul's legitimacy. I know you don't mean to do this but such statements create this atmosphere.

There should be no question about Dr. Paul's legitimacy. Remember innocent until proven guilty. I have not even considered leaving the campaign- and will not even consider this as an option.

I have always like the phrase - " Failure is not an option!" I whole heartedly believe this.

Leaving an option to drop support suggests failure- I cannot support your statements above. I support his ideas and I support Dr. Paul.

Something to think about.

;)

RoyalShack is new to the movement. People who haven't known about President Paul for very long are going have doubts.

The only thing I can say is please just read the man's words. Go to www.ronpaullibrary.com and read about him. Then go to his congressional website and see for yourself that he votes in adherance to the Constitution.

Then utube his interviews with John Stossel, Bill Moyers, Glenn Beck, and the President of Google.

This is the best way to get to know the man. If you have doubts about where his heart and mind are after that, then I leave you to your cognitive dissonance. No disrespect intended.

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Kewl, what I am doing is recognizing that some people look at things like RP not knowing what or who was in those newsletters as a caution flag. The more you/we try to discount those opinions and people the more we're going to potentially depart from the ultimate goal - getting our country back. We aren't going to get it back by summarily dismissing criticism and negativity. Unless you're in the majority those things need to be addressed, not dismissed.

This is not a one-shot deal. If you blindly support Paul or blindly disregard those who bring up legitimate issues (if someone brings up an issue sincerely, it is legitimate) you are making this campaign a "last stand". Similar to "you're either with us or against us" (where have we heard that before?). Even if Dr. Paul were to win the presidency, we're not going to be able to win the fight in four years or eight years. A Paul presidency, in my opinoin, will be fortunate to get this massive ship of a country stopped and sow the seeds to start getting it turned around.

I'm trying to view this in a much bigger picture than just Ron Paul.

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
RoyalShack is new to the movement. People who haven't known about President Paul for very long are going have doubts.

The only thing I can say is please just read the man's words. Go to www.ronpaullibrary.com and read about him. Then go to his congressional website and see for yourself that he votes in adherance to the Constitution.

Then utube his interviews with John Stossel, Bill Moyers, Glenn Beck, and the President of Google.

This is the best way to get to know the man. If you have doubts about where his heart and mind are after that, then I leave you to your cognitive dissonance. No disrespect intended.

Deborah, I think you have evaluated me incorrectly. I totally understand Ron Paul. I have absolutely no doubt about who the man is. I've never met the man but I'm not sure I could name you one person I respect more than him.

I'm only saying I can understand those who are having trouble accepting his answer regarding his knowledge of the newsletter writers. It's because in previous times I would have the same problem, but mostly because I wasn't completely sold on a candidate or felt like I knew the candidate well enough. But with Ron Paul, that's no longer the case for me.

Like I said in an earlier post, I do not expect anything to come up that would cause me to change my support of Dr. Paul. But what I don't want to have happen is for those whose support is wavering to forget why they were drawn to Paul in the first place. Even if they (not I) decide that Paul is not their man, don't abandon the common goal that has brought us to this point.

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Kewl, what I am doing is recognizing that some people look at things like RP not knowing what or who was in those newsletters as a caution flag.

It's really not a "caution flag" if you look at it in the context of what happened. At the time those newsletters were written, Dr. Paul was practicing medicine and doing speaking engagements around the country. He rarely read the newsletter and he was not in charge i.e. the publisher or editor. There were many transitions and changes occuring within the company that WAS in charge. Dr. Paul's only mistake is that he trusted the company to hire writers that would represent him appropriately.

As soon as this first came to light, many years ago, Dr. Paul handled it swiftly and took responsibility. Since then, this issue has been rehashed several times over and always gets quelled.

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Okay, Royal. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Okay, Royal. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem. It happens. :)

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
It's really not a "caution flag" if you look at it in the context of what happened. At the time those newsletters were written, Dr. Paul was practicing medicine and doing speaking engagements around the country. He rarely read the newsletter and he was not in charge i.e. the publisher or editor. There were many transitions and changes occuring within the company that WAS in charge. Dr. Paul's only mistake is that he trusted the company to hire writers that would represent him appropriately.

As soon as this first came to light, many years ago, Dr. Paul handled it swiftly and took responsibility. Since then, this issue has been rehashed several times over and always gets quelled.

You'll get no argument from me. I just wish those who I'm talking about could be satisfied with this.

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
You'll get no argument from me. I just wish those who I'm talking about could be satisfied with this.

People who are not satisfied with this answer don't know enough about Ron Paul. They do not yet understand the man. If they believe in what he stands for, hopefully time will bring them around.

DjLoTi
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Funny, you guys read into RoyalShock's comment but I read into Drea's comment. I guess we all have different perceptions.

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Royal, check out this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=925330#post925330

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Funny, you guys read into RoyalShock's comment but I read into Drea's comment. I guess we all have different perceptions.

hmmmm? Not following you...

LiberalDemForRP
01-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Royal, I couldn't agree more. This campaign is about Dr. Paul, but the bigger picture is the movement. I'm afraid that if RP doesn't win the nom, some of his supporters will abandon hope and forget what the fight is about; we mustn't get confused--yes, this is focused on Dr. Paul right now, but in the long run this is about much, much more than one man.

Drea
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
hmmmm? Not following you...

Deborah, I'll clear it up for you.

DJLoTi is trying to bring up my name here because of another thread where he weighed in when I questioned someone he supports/agrees with.

Once again someone who supports the bashing of HQ and the campaign stating generalities and being all "vague". I love it.

Hey DJLoTi, you got something to say to me? Then just say it.

Drea