PDA

View Full Version : Fox did a hatchet job on President Paul

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
I can't believe I ever watched that fascist station and I did for over 10 years! They tried to make him look like a complete idiot last night, and I'm sure they succeeded in the eyes of those who still rely on them for accurate news reporting.

There is nothing 'Fair and Balanced' about this fraudulent channel and I think it's time to go after them with a vengeance. Everyone of their mailboxes should get slammed with mail from Ron Paul supporters. We should call and tie up their lines, and continue to boycott their advertisers, and dump their stock.

Only now, along with campaigning for Ron Paul, I'm going to campaign against FOX with the same zeal!!!

I absolutely detest that channel. I going to put a curse on it!!

sunny
01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I can't believe I ever watched that fascist station and I did for over 10 years! They tried to make him look like a complete idiot last night, and I'm sure they succeeded in the eyes of those who still rely on them for accurate news reporting.

There is nothing 'Fair and Balanced' about this fraudulent channel and I think it's time to go after them with a vengeance. Everyone of their mailboxes should get slammed with mail from Ron Paul supporters. We should call and tie up their lines, and continue to boycott their advertisers, and dump their stock.

Only now, along with campaigning for Ron Paul, I'm going to campaign against FOX with the same zeal!!!

deborah, the doc came out smelling like a rose. he wins with or without blowback!

chiplitfam
01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
I suggest we all call our cable companies and sat. dish companies and demand Faux News to be cut from your own subscription. Faux costs more. It is not included in the basic package (at least with Dish network). Demand that you are not going to support that station. That will actually affect the $. They will get the message when thousands call to have Faux dropped. Just having it blocked does not do the job. It must be cancelled where Faux is not getting any money from the cable companies. We can have a post to show how many are doing this and post responses from the cable companies. If Faux does show another debate, we can watch it later on YouTube. Anybody game?

Todd
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM

I thought they were a bit more balanced as well. I think Paul did just fine despite the coordinated attack.

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Don't get me wrong. I thought all of his responses were right on! But clearly Fox is out to destroy him. O'Reilly - that sexed crazed, war mongering, torture advocating creep called RP supporters loons and said RP was frightening. Right before the debates! It's a freaking set-up! They hate him! And they still have enough koolaid drinkers to have an impact on the campaign.

So, are you saying you're not for "blowback"?

Deborah K
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I suggest we all call our cable companies and sat. dish companies and demand Faux News to be cut from your own subscription. Faux costs more. It is not included in the basic package (at least with Dish network). Demand that you are not going to support that station. That will actually affect the $. They will get the message when thousands call to have Faux dropped. Just having it blocked does not do the job. It must be cancelled where Faux is not getting any money from the cable companies. We can have a post to show how many are doing this and post responses from the cable companies. If Faux does show another debate, we can watch it later on YouTube. Anybody game?

I'm for it. Although we need to keep the enemy close so someone will have to continue monitoring them.

GryphonsClaw
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
This is why we need to be able to purchase individual channels instead of packages. When Fox lost all their subscribers, that would send a message. Good idea on calling Comcast and asking for them to be removed.

realist
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I absolutely agree! Their conduct was disrespectful and disgraceful.

I almost wish Dr. Paul would have slammed Hume over the Iran aggression question and said something like...

" I know your a little slow but try to keep up. My statements were addressing my stark differences with every other candidates proclaimed eagerness to start something with Iran, despite thier own facts and evidence that suggest their is no justification for it. Now, I realize FOX has little use for facts, but could you at least try and follow along with the converstaion and pretend to be fair and balanced?"

Meekus
01-11-2008, 10:02 AM

Likewise, I feel very betrayed by Fox News. I used to think it was indeed "fair and balanced". Man do I feel stupid now. At any chance I get, I will have no hesitation of telling people what I REALLY think of FNC now.

I think we can even expand this to not just RP supporters. But this is just so not right. How is what they are doing in the best public interest? They are presenting opinion, biasness, and censorship as fact.

What if they suddenly decide they dont like Huck, Romney, or McCain? What if Rudy suddenly made a deal that creates less revenue for FNC? You bet your ass FNC will pull the same crap with them in a heartbeat!

markderidder
01-11-2008, 10:11 AM
I agree Fox is trash. I too used to watch it and unfortunately 90% of Republicans rely on it for daily news... filtered news. They have a choke hold on the republican party. I refuse to watch that channel until they have a regime change.

They are the biggest enemy of the Paul campaign for sure. Odd how we get attacks from a news channel rather than another candidate. Thats a first!

-Mark

BreakYourChains
01-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes, and even worse, when they replayed the debate over and over late this morning (and I am sure they will continue this until the election) they edited out the "electability question" by Carl Cameron, and Dr. Paul's great answer!

Thomas Paine
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Fox News makes Josef Goebbels and Leni Riefenstahl look like saints.

enjerth
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I used to be an avid Fox News viewer and trusted them. In the last 2 weeks they have fallen off the radar for me. They no longer exist.

One of my friends from work who is between Thompson and Paul used to watch Fox all the time, too. He's not exactly behind Paul and thinks Thompson would be better, but simply for having an eye on Paul he has noticed the blatant discrimination against Paul by Fox News and now he doesn't like Fox News any more either.

Fox is shooting themselves in the foot, just to keep Ron Paul down. Hopefully, Ron Paul is dexterous enough that Fox starts having to shoot themselves in the other foot soon.

Where do you think real conservatives will go for news when Fox has finished destroying themselves? The internet? We won.

Voluntaryist
01-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Even Democrats... Obama supporters and the like have noticed how poorly Faux treats Paul, and they dont like it one bit. Everyone should have a fair shot and be given decent questions. Half the questions directed at Paul was about 911 truthers and "electability." Fuck that.