PDA

View Full Version : Perception is reality




PC_for_Paul
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
That's our biggest problem, everyone thinks we are "unelectable", Fox goes out of it's way to make that point.

If we allow them and our opponents to "Pander" without recourse, we are screwed.

I have been calling voters down here in Al where I live. You think we got support? you need to look at my list of 5000 voters in my precinct. They believe what they see on TV, the TV will tell them who to vote for, they'll turn it on 10 minutes before voting and go with that guy.

If we took the gloves off that would help, from looking at the reality on the ground and how stupid, uninformed and moronic the general public is, 10% may be a high water mark for us.

Not whining just giving the facts as I seem them, those who refuse to acknowledge this are no different than the brainwashed sheep that eat everything the media tells them. until we look at these debates in the eyes of the voters with a 4th grade education and a preschooler mentality, here we will sit with 10%. If that's fine with you, then your job is done. If you want to change this country we have to understand the tactics of those who attack and devise a defense.

America may root for the underdog, but they vote for the winner. Ego's and emotions are tools applied, not facts or policy. If we underestimate the stupidity of the American people I can assure the others will not, and with allies like Fox, we are in for a rude awakening come election day.

Ron said he wants feed back, here it is. Don't shoot the messenger.

A lot of folks like us, very few will support us. We have to take it to them and kick some ass. America doesn't like a pacifist, they will only defend after you defend yourself.

PC_for_Paul
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh and one more thing people. Preaching to the choir feels good, it just doesn't win us any votes....

deedles
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
I agree with you. But. We have to keep going because as we keep going, telling people, warning them, giving them bits of information... time will go by and things will happen that will reveal to these people that we are right on and so is Ron Paul.

We have to get out on the streets as precinct captains and TALK. TALK, TALK.

PC_for_Paul
01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
that's easy to say but I'm down here boots on the ground and that ain't what I see.

LiberalDemForRP
01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
That's our biggest problem, everyone thinks we are "unelectable", Fox goes out of it's way to make that point.

Agreed. The average voter believes what he/she hears on TV. I think this is one of the biggest obstacles to overcome--the labeling of Dr. Paul as "fringe" or a "kook," and constantly repeating the fact that he is "unelectable."

PC_for_Paul
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I got this little tiny precinct down here, and 5000 voters to try to win over. it's an uphill battle, anyone that doesn't think so should come canvas with me.

I'm proud to be part of the smartest 10% that gets it. I just don't what I'm going to do with the other 90%, who will show up at the polls ( providing they get someone to tie their shoe laces that morning).