PDA

View Full Version : BATTLECRY!! 15 - 30 Minutes PER DAY.

Lord Xar
07-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Okay,, Listen up.

I am busy working, but I am an idea man :-)

WE NEED a few volunteers....

A few others suggested this previously but to a less focused attempt.

GO to MYSPACE or FACEBOOK (both)..

Use the AMES,IOWA zip code: 50011, or 50012, or 50013 and search within 50miles. Don't use any criteria other than age. Preferably over 18, probably older..

so.. 20 - 99

Click Search -- thousands come up.

Here are some options at this point.

1. Message each person... Go random or pm those who respond to this post and figure the best way to divvy things up.

Now, you have thousands of people who are old enough to vote within Ames, Iowa.

Message them. Don't be silly and talk about "there is this cool candidate..", sounds spammy. Just say... something like

"I don't want to bother you, but because of Big Media's blackout of Ron Paul - a presidential candidate, we are using all avenues to get his name and message out there. Big Media is using every excuse not to mention him in the T.V news, papers, major media outlets etc. I can tell you all about him, but if you want to read about him and his beliefs - go here: www.ronpaul2008.com

Once you read about him, you will see why certain industries do not want him to be heard. It is a revolution.

I am sure over time you will become familiar with him but with the AMES Iowa Straw Poll around the corner, its important you become acquainted with him. So many people have been stirred to an overwhelming degree. Other candidates are busing people in, paying for their tickets and basically buying votes. We have level things off a bit. I hope you take the time to visit his site, www.ronpaul2008.com. If his message is important to you, and it resonates in you - please consider going to the AMES STRAW POLL and voting for him. We can make a difference and put good people in office. Not just the ones with big money, big business and big special interest groups behind them. But a candidate in which the People are behind him! If you take the time to vote for Ron Paul, then it could be relized that we finally have someone who truly represents liberty, freedom and us, the American Citizen."

Straw Poll is August 11th at ....... "

Or something like that

Yggdrasil
07-24-2007, 12:47 AM
This is a very clever idea! I'll try and help some people make informed votes with this.

Lord Xar
07-24-2007, 12:57 AM
This is a very clever idea! I'll try and help some people make informed votes with this.

And what would those informed votes be? :)
Are you a supporter of Ron Paul's? I am sorta kidding... but really I'm not ;)

I use to be a marketer in another field many years ago. I dream up creative ways to reach people....

Yggdrasil
07-24-2007, 01:07 AM
And what would those informed votes be? :)
Are you a supporter of Ron Paul's? I am sorta kidding... but really I'm not ;)

I use to be a marketer in another field many years ago. I dream up creative ways to reach people....

I was just in Ron Paul conversion mode when I wrote that I try and be as friendly as possible when trying to get people to vote for Ron. I don't want it look like I'm forcing them to vote a certain way, and have them resist. So instead I thank them for taking the time to make an informed vote.

Shatterhand
07-24-2007, 01:09 AM
The more creative ideas the better. We have less than three weeks before the straw poll. Time is of the essence.

pyrazole
07-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Good idea, good timing. I needed something to do during this FOUR hour conference call I have to be on this morning. I've sent like 80 messages already.

Thanks!

Santana28
07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
any way to organize this so we dont end up messaging the same people multiple times?

V4Vendetta
07-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Okay,, Listen up.

I am busy working, but I am an idea man :-)

WE NEED a few volunteers....

A few others suggested this previously but to a less focused attempt.

GO to MYSPACE or FACEBOOK (both)..

Use the AMES,IOWA zip code: 50011, or 50012, or 50013 and search within 50miles. Don't use any criteria other than age. Preferably over 18, probably older..

so.. 20 - 99

Click Search -- thousands come up.

Here are some options at this point.

1. Message each person... Go random or pm those who respond to this post and figure the best way to divvy things up.

Now, you have thousands of people who are old enough to vote within Ames, Iowa.

Message them. Don't be silly and talk about "there is this cool candidate..", sounds spammy. Just say... something like

"I don't want to bother you, but because of Big Media's blackout of Ron Paul - a presidential candidate, we are using all avenues to get his name and message out there. Big Media is using every excuse not to mention him in the T.V news, papers, major media outlets etc. I can tell you all about him, but if you want to read about him and his beliefs - go here: www.ronpaul2008.com

Once you read about him, you will see why certain industries do not want him to be heard. It is a revolution.

I am sure over time you will become familiar with him but with the AMES Iowa Straw Poll around the corner, its important you become acquainted with him. So many people have been stirred to an overwhelming degree. Other candidates are busing people in, paying for their tickets and basically buying votes. We have level things off a bit. I hope you take the time to visit his site, www.ronpaul2008.com. If his message is important to you, and it resonates in you - please consider going to the AMES STRAW POLL and voting for him. We can make a difference and put good people in office. Not just the ones with big money, big business and big special interest groups behind them. But a candidate in which the People are behind him! If you take the time to vote for Ron Paul, then it could be relized that we finally have someone who truly represents liberty, freedom and us, the American Citizen."

Straw Poll is August 11th at ....... "

Or something like that

I've been doing the same thing using my myspace account.
And let me tell you,

IT DOES WORK

pyrazole
07-24-2007, 07:48 AM
yeah, we could...pick an age and go for it, something like that. I'll do 21-22 m/f, average body type (lol), 20 miles from 50010. That gives me 315 to work on.

Green Mountain Boy
07-24-2007, 07:49 AM
My meetup group is working on a Facebook Flyers campaign. I'm currently putting together a graphic for the adds.

For those of you that don't know, Facebook Flyers are paid advertisements that appear on Facebook in the left hand column. You can target specific networks like the Iowa State network or the Des Moines network and you pay by how many times the add will be displayed.

It costs $10 for 5,000 views, $20 for 10,000 views, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/flyers.php

james1844
07-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Can you do something similar with Myspace?

How about advertising on blogs?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 08:09 AM
I'll take 38 - 40 year olds. There must be, what, TEN of them on MySpace!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Think we should mention the Straw Poll right off the bat, or wait until we have developed a deeper relationship with our target?

I know nothing about MySpace etiquette. I am only on there for Ron Paul.

james1844
07-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Scribbler, I just sent you a PM...

Best,

James

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
James, No PM from you. I'll send you one to which you can respond.

Lord Xar
07-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I think people should read thru these posts.. see what other people are gonna and then target something different.

I think you should mention the AMES STRAW POLL immediately and mention that "if" people don't get out and vote for him we might get a lamebrain representing America. etc... basically, let their vote count for a man of liberty and principle.

Green Mountain Boy
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Can you do something similar with Myspace?

How about advertising on blogs?

I don't think Myspace has the same advertising capabilites as Facebook.

Facebook has a nice little system that makes it easy for anyone to make simple flyers and it's great for targeting specific geographic locations.