PDA

View Full Version : Is he viable?

Noog
01-11-2008, 09:15 AM
He should have said: "If any of my competitors dropped out, their supporters would vote for whoever gets the nomination. If I drop out, my supporters come with me, and that's more than enough to ensure a loss for the GOP. Not only am I viable, the GOP needs me."

Captain Shays
01-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Thats Right

wisconsinite
01-11-2008, 09:19 AM
So true. Just look at the difference in turnout for Iowa, a state that went for Bush in '04. Huckabee might have won by a big margin on the Republican side, but overall he came in fouth after Obama, Edwards and Hillary.

Talldude1412
01-11-2008, 09:20 AM
yea, but it would sound like we are trying to blackmail our way into the nomination. That would be totally messed up.

What we need is some outside political analysts to pick up on this, although I 'm sure it would never happen, they are all salivating about Hillary or Obama.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 09:21 AM
It's true, but they'd rather hand everything over to the democrats than have Paul trying to dismantle the corruption. Not to mention, I bet the last thing they'd want is a President Paul snooping around classified information, exposing things, etc.

I can only imagine how long he's wanted to do that, and I'd trust him to do it right.

Thumper
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
yea, but it would sound like we are trying to blackmail our way into the nomination. That would be totally messed up.

I dont know if you can say that we are trying to blackmail anyone. The GOP and the media have been cramming bullshit candidates down our throats for years. The political system has failed to give us a real choice. I have said for years that I would cross party lines and vote for a Democrat if they offered up a candidate I could believe in. It hasn't happened though.

Now we have someone in RP that we can believe in and the GOP and the media are going to do everything they can to screw us out of having a choice. I will gladly vote for a Democrat in this election cycle if RP doesn't get the nomination or if one of the GOP candidates doesn't sign an actual contract promising to pick up the planks of RP's platform and actuall do something to EARN my vote.

That is what everyone seems to overlook, we don't give our votes to candidates, they are supposed to EARN them. Nobody but RP has even come close to earning mine.