PDA

View Full Version : From the Huckabee forums on Ron Paul's performance on the debate

Mithridates
01-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Some of the comments over there from Huckabee's supporters are quite fair. Here's what some of them said on the electability question:

Great response by Ron Paul.

Fox News is a disgrace to Liberty.

That was a beautiful answer by Ron Paul. What an insulting question to MH and RP. That really is bush league.

(I think that was just after the question to Huckabee on the biblical verse)

Immigration:

McCain politco speak.

Mitt - good answer (on amnesty)...

I'm glad Thompson before Huck. "You can't look at them individually"? Struggling here a bit..this reveals the difference between being a legislator and an Executive.

Paul: Enforce the law. If you subsidize amnesty, more will come. Illegals are seen as a threat, deal with it in terms of welfarism. Very good answer! We may lose votes, but we should enforce the law.

Huck: Speaking the the real view of most Hispanics on immigration. Enforce the boarder. Very good answer -

Rudy: Practical answer - not strong on stopping illegal immigration - realistic in terms of dealing with the issue.

After the debate:

Fox is no better than CNN. I missed most of the debate, but the questions I saw and the manner in which they were asked were worthy of a junior high debate. If I'm Ron Paul - I'd have steam rolling out of my ears - I would have launched into Cameron and the rest of them for the insulting manner he was treated.

Noog
01-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Nice to see.

Talldude1412
01-11-2008, 09:17 AM
They're coming around I'm telling ya. All it takes is people realizing he is TOTALLY a viable candidate.

FrankRep
01-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Foxnews are a bunch of 6th graders. What a complete disgrace.

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Of coarse they are partial to Paul. Their presumed candidate is ignorantly riding on RP's platform lmao.

Talldude1412
01-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Of coarse they are partial to Paul. Their presumed candidate is ignorantly riding on RP's platform lmao.

hahaha, so true.

disciple
01-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I think Huckabee's supporters are the closest to us. Most are evangelicals who are attracted to the God's talk by Huckabee. But if they were to really think hard, Ron Paul is the best follower of Jesus' true message, a truly humble man, who is not self-righteous, and who truly believes and follows the golden rule.

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 09:25 AM
hahaha, so true.

Which is fine. Huckasleeze will hang himself soon enough( to the masses, us who educate ourselves know this guy is a lieing crook) and those supporters will be potential RP supporters.

dshields
01-11-2008, 09:26 AM
You know what though, the are in a sense getting treated the same way we are at least they are beginning to be. Fox is trying to set the stage as to who is viable and who is not. With respect to Huckabee, though I don't agree with his approach on most issues his responses are not nearly as fluffed and full of BS as the rest of the candidates.

Regardless of that, we can benefit by fighting the likes of FOX news together. If we do, perhaps they will be more open to Paul in the long run.

Dave

deedles
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM

Hey, I get the sarcasm in your post, but they are sticking up for our candidates unfair treatment... and that's about the the first time that's happened.

They are being fair, let's all be fair in return.

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Fox News : " Who cares what they stand for, lets talk about Hillary's emotional meltdown and OH McCain wants to follow them to the gates of Hell!!"

NorwegianLibertarian
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Fox News : " Who cares what they stand for, lets talk about Hillary's emotional meltdown and OH McCain wants to follow them to the gates of Hell!!"

Wasn't it Huckster who wanted to follow them to the gates of hell?

disciple
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Besides, Ron Paul is the only candidate who does not have blood dripping from his hands, having opposed this abomination called the Iraq war that was based on deception and lies, and which resulted in the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

I mean how do these monsters sleep at night, and how are they able to face the wrath of God on the day of judgment!

dshields
01-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey, I get the sarcasm in your post, but they are sticking up for our candidates unfair treatment... and that's about the the first time that's happened.

They are being fair, let's all be fair in return.

Agreed. This approach will benefit us both..

Dave

Rangeley
01-11-2008, 09:41 AM
My brother, who doesnt yet support Ron Paul, told me he thought Fox was really unfair to Ron Paul last night, but that he came out on top. I think outside of the people who would hate Ron Paul no matter what, people probably saw the debate for what it was.

disciple
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM
As a researcher and a long-time student of comparative religion, I can swear - knowing what I know and having uncovered a great secret- that if the people do not wake up soon, and repent of the evil that they have inflicted upon the world, that one day soon they will wake up with the "Mark" when the two witnesses, Enoch and Elijah, show up.

dshields
01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Ironically, Paul's message is much more in line with the "WWJD" mentality. Perhaps the good preacher, Huckabee, should reconsider his stances.

Dave

whutaboutbob
01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I think Huck might make a good VP some day.. depending on how things shake out.

liberty_Forever
01-11-2008, 09:50 AM
That's good to hear.

We share many of the same concerns as Huckabee supporters.

disciple
01-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Ironically, Paul's message is much more in line with the "WWJD" mentality. Perhaps the good preacher, Huckabee, should reconsider his stances.

Dave

Let me put it bluntly, the war party is the party of the Anti-Christ.

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 09:53 AM
As a researcher and a long-time student of comparative religion, I can swear - knowing what I know and having uncovered a great secret- that if the people do not wake up soon, and repent of the evil that they have inflicted upon the world, that one day soon they will wake up with the "Mark" when the two witnesses, Enoch and Elijah, show up.
Sounds straight out of the Left Behind books (which I LOVED)!

I think you'll find the Huckabee supporters fairly reasonable and compassionate. Their candidate is being treated similarly with the religion question. While I think he invited those early in the campaign due to his own statements, it's gone a bit overboard, IMO. But what else can you expect from the Faux Neocon Channel.

I admit, Huck does a good job answering them when they do get asked.

Meekus
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
That's good to hear.

We share many of the same concerns as Huckabee supporters.

As a person, I do like how Huckabee presents himself. His support of the Fair Tax is a step in the right direction. However, the only real fair tax is NO INCOME TAX at all period. That being said, Huck realizes the need for reworking of taxes. I like his stances on the 2nd amendment - very pro. I get the sense he realizes the purpose of it.

Where we greatly differ with Huck is his views of Foreign Policy.

polexi
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
This basically confirms we're not noticing things other people can't see. I was beginning to think I was blindly worshiping Paul.

As a person, I do like how Huckabee presents himself. His support of the Fair Tax is a step in the right direction. However, the only real fair tax is NO INCOME TAX at all period. That being said, Huck realizes the need for reworking of taxes. I like his stances on the 2nd amendment - very pro. I get the sense he realizes the purpose of it.

Where we greatly differ with Huck is his views of Foreign Policy.

This is why I believe Huckabee is the least "evil" candidate on the stage.

TSOL
01-11-2008, 09:58 AM
They're coming around I'm telling ya. All it takes is people realizing he is TOTALLY a viable candidate.

Yes

Very cool. :cool:;)

homah
01-11-2008, 10:01 AM

I just threw up a little.

GryphonsClaw
01-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I like some of Huck's views as well. His Fair Tax attracted me several months ago, but then I found Ron and Ron fits my small government views as well. It's good their supporters see the unfairness. I wonder if we would be around 20% if Huck wasn't in the race?

disciple
01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Sounds straight out of the Left Behind books (which I LOVED)!

I think you'll find the Huckabee supporters fairly reasonable and compassionate. Their candidate is being treated similarly with the religion question. While I think he invited those early in the campaign due to his own statements, it's gone a bit overboard, IMO. But what else can you expect from the Faux Neocon Channel.

I admit, Huck does a good job answering them when they do get asked.

I think Huckabee have both a good and a bad side to him. His problem is that he wants it both way. You cannot be pro-life and pro-unjust war at the same time. This is not true faith, this is hypocrisy. You cannot establish God's kingdom when you want to ride the "Beast".

Cleaner44
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I have a "friend" that is a Neocon McCain/Huck supporter. He said he was impressed with Ron Paul on Leno. Now this guy hates Ron Paul and has NO respect fo r the Constitution. I think when people see RP in as format like Leno he really shines. Anything other than debates, where he can speak on his own terms is golden.

Nyte
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
It seems to me Huckabee is having a moral debate atm:

Does he completely sell out and accept his membership into the CFR?

Or does he stand by the man and principles he admires, and fight the good fight along side Dr. Paul?

libertyguy
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
For those of you who are not Christians, this response will likely mean little. But for those of you who are Believers, here is my 2 cents.

I have been teaching an advanced class at my church on the book of Isaiah. Old Oestament...is it relevant today? Well, Isaiah was a prophet to Israel about 700 b.c. and confronted the leaders and the people with their sins. And Isaiah's message concerning the leaders?

Is 1:15 Your hands are full of blood

Is 1:23 Your Princes (leaders) are rebels and companions with thieves. Everyone loves a bribe and runs after gifts. They do not bring justice to the fatherless and the widow's cause does not come to them. (Note: God implored the cause of the weak in society. Widows were not given any standing in society and therefore were easily taken advantage of in the courts as only a man could plead a case so the weak were preyed upon)

Is 3:14-15 The spoil of the poor is in your houses. What do you mean by crushing my people, by grinding the face of the poor.

Note: God placed leaders in places to care for the needs of the weak. However, instead of using this place of favor to help the weak, offer justice, and lift oppression, they used their positions to futher oppress the weak. History shows the result was that Assyria would conquer the country and the few survivors were carried off into Assyria as a "remnant" for restoration. God's message is the same today...care for the weak and oppressed, be Just in your dealings, and be Righteous. What examples do we have of this coming from Washington?

The point is this, ONLY Ron Paul is following the Biblical prescription for God's favor. He does not see public office for his own gain or prestige but rather to restore liberty to the oppressed. He is the champion of the little guy and is the only true Christian running in this election from either party.

We judge a Christian by their fruits (Gal. 5:22) love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.

How many "Christian" politicians pass this test? You decide.

qh4dotcom
01-11-2008, 10:09 AM
What Huckabee forums did you go to?

disciple
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I have a "friend" that is a Neocon McCain/Huck supporter. He said he was impressed with Ron Paul on Leno. Now this guy hates Ron Paul and has NO respect fo r the Constitution. I think when people see RP in as format like Leno he really shines. Anything other than debates, where he can speak on his own terms is golden.

How can anyone hates Ron Paul unless they are mentally defective and twisted in their mind and heart!!!

Do people hate Ron Paul because he is not a blood-thirsty warmonger who is not willing to go and massacre millions of people? I mean, that seems to me to be the only reason.

Well, they may have their wishes, but they can rest assured that their eternity won't be spent in heaven but in hell.

disciple
01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
For those of you who are not Christians, this response will likely mean little. But for those of you who are Believers, here is my 2 cents.

I have been teaching an advanced class at my church on the book of Isaiah. Old Oestament...is it relevant today? Well, Isaiah was a prophet to Israel about 700 b.c. and confronted the leaders and the people with their sins. And Isaiah's message concerning the leaders?

Is 1:15 Your hands are full of blood

Is 1:23 Your Princes (leaders) are rebels and companions with thieves. Everyone loves a bribe and runs after gifts. They do not bring justice to the fatherless and the widow's cause does not come to them. (Note: God implored the cause of the weak in society. Widows were not given any standing in society and therefore were easily taken advantage of in the courts as only a man could plead a case so the weak were preyed upon)

Is 3:14-15 The spoil of the poor is in your houses. What do you mean by crushing my people, by grinding the face of the poor.

Note: God placed leaders in places to care for the needs of the weak. However, instead of using this place of favor to help the weak, offer justice, and lift oppression, they used their positions to futher oppress the weak. History shows the result was that Assyria would conquer the country and the few survivors were carried off into Assyria as a "remnant" for restoration. God's message is the same today...care for the weak and oppressed, be Just in your dealings, and be Righteous. What examples do we have of this coming from Washington?

The point is this, ONLY Ron Paul is following the Biblical prescription for God's favor. He does not see public office for his own gain or prestige but rather to restore liberty to the oppressed. He is the champion of the little guy and is the only true Christian running in this election from either party.

We judge a Christian by their fruits (Gal. 5:22) love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.

How many "Christian" politicians pass this test? You decide.

QFT.

The essence of faith is to be righteous and just, and to desire peace.Whatever happened to peace on earth and goodwill towards men! And that means all men regardless of their color, race, nationality, etc...

You cannot have faith and takes the side of the oppressor; you cannot have faith when you break every and each of God's holy precepts.

And if anyone believes that he can do the above, and still earns the pleasure of a righteous and just God, they are delusional. They may not know it, but in truth, they are liars, hypocrites and deceivers.

The "Rich glutton" in the New Testament story went to hell for a much lesser crime than that. Do these people ever realize the monstrosity of what they have become?

Edward
01-11-2008, 10:34 AM

They are being fair, let's all be fair in return.Indeed. Props to them. We could learn a thing or two from their supporters.

JenaS62
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
How can anyone hates Ron Paul unless they are mentally defective and twisted in their mind and heart!!!

That's a very good question. How can you hate the man? All he wants is freedom for the American people. He wants a strong economy based on real money. He wants to stop the hollocaust of unborn babies. He wants to take care of America first. What is to hate???

Mithridates
01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
What Huckabee forums did you go to?

Huck's army. Look around page 18 of their debate thread and you can find them starting there.

Edit: Here's the link:

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6385&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=240

NoPants
01-11-2008, 10:45 AM
As a person, I do like how Huckabee presents himself. However, the only real fair tax is NO INCOME TAX at all period.

I also would say I like many of the things that Huckabee says.

That being said, I need to explain. In some cases it's because he has taken to using some of Dr. Paul's campaign wording and stances. There's even a news story showing he basically stole an entire speech from a document posted on ronpaul2008.com. He has recently started calling his grassroots campaign a "revolution". I wonder where that came from? And most importantly, from the reading I've done about Huckabee, you cannot go by the things he says. There is an unfortunate paper/video trail in his history of changing his words and stances on topics to meet the approval of the public. That I have trouble respecting and is exactly the reason I was drawn to Dr. Paul. He has over 20 years of consistency in his message, AND voting history on topics.

disciple
01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
That's a very good question. How can you hate the man? All he wants is freedom for the American people. He wants a strong economy based on real money. He wants to stop the hollocaust of unborn babies. He wants to take care of America first. What is to hate???

I mean really; what would a Ron Paul presidency bring except peace, security, a complete check, and freedom to live according to your own conscience!

gracebkr
01-11-2008, 10:51 AM

Dave

Absolutely.

prlgrl
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Foxnews are a bunch of 6th graders. What a complete disgrace.

They wouldn't be able to get on Are you smarter than a fifth grader?!

Evazan
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
It seems that there are a number of Huckabee supporters in this thread posing as RP supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if certain people from our forum didn't go to theirs. Just think of this before you all jump on the Huck, Paul ticket.

roversaurus
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Always be polite with Hucks supporters.
With everyones but Hucks especially.

We are trying to win votes here

Edward
01-11-2008, 10:59 AM
It seems that there are a number of Huckabee supporters in this thread posing as RP supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if certain people from our forum didn't go to theirs. Just think of this before you all jump on the Huck, Paul ticket.Evidence?

sharedvoice
01-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Huckabee really showed his ass when he called US Warships "Boats"... As a US Marine having served on Amphibious Assault Ships before I found that comment very uneducated concerning our Naval warfighting capabilities. He is clueless about the military. Then he likes to talk tough and tell people they are going to "Burn in Hell. No thanks,.

Ibtz
01-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah, apparently any niceties and courtesy towards the opposition earns you a troll label.

thisisgiparti
01-11-2008, 11:10 AM
hahaha, so true.

Ron Paul is seen as a dead man walking. that's why he was allowed into the SC debate. it was also so FOX could re-stake their reputation by appearing magnanimous. all the while, the moderators were insolent and dismissive.

the other candidates are playing for Ron Paul's supporters. most notably is Huckabee. he needs to draw the liberals and conservatives alike, since he is more or less a Democrat but a CHRISTIAN one, to convince the GOP he can break out from his limited base. he has no shame when it comes to blatantly stealing ideas, since he is betting Ron Paul will go away.

I can't say that I blame him or FOX for thinking that after the failures in IA and NH. sure, it's only two states, but Ron Paul has been attacked from all sides since the get go. no one believes Rudy will pull through on Super Tuesday, either, and he was the favorite.

Ron Paul did well by distinguishing himself on the economy and foreign policy, by standing up to his attackers, making him a strong and sympathetic character. anyone would give credit to his analysis of the Israeli - Palestinian situation. he sounded sane and informed, dispelling any rumors of antisemitism. that's the big gripe the CEC's have with Ron Paul. he may have bought himself sometime, though I suspect another fifth place finish in SC.

Catatonic
01-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Whats with all the Huckabee love? The man uses religion as a political tool to justify lying, cheating, etc. He's flip flopped on the bible like a true politician, but he's found a form of acceptance by stealing Ron Paul's platform.

The fair tax is more pandering to the upper class, done in the name of whats best for the little guy. Its Orwellian evil, what better spokesman than a guy with the down home pastor vibe?

This snake is not your friend.

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Whats with all the Huckabee love? The man uses religion as a political tool to justify lying, cheating, etc. He's flip flopped on the bible like a true politician, but he's found a form of acceptance by stealing Ron Paul's platform.

The fair tax is more pandering to the upper class, done in the name of whats best for the little guy. Its Orwellian evil, what better spokesman than a guy with the down home pastor vibe?

QFT.

Then there's all the scandels this guy has been in. His supporters really should do some background homework on him and actually listen to his message(so to speak) and platform.

Start with googleing "Harddrives destoyed by Huckabee".

disciple
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
It seems that there are a number of Huckabee supporters in this thread posing as RP supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if certain people from our forum didn't go to theirs. Just think of this before you all jump on the Huck, Paul ticket.

No, I do not believe it; but credit ought to be given where credit is due. When someone is being fair to you, it's only fair to treat him the same.

Clearly, Huckabee is not Ron Paul, far from it.

disciple
01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Evidence?

There is none; and his allegations are misplaced and false.

integrity
01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Huckabee flat out lied at last nights debate! he said HE developed HIS immigration plan.

He copied that plan.

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2008, 11:20 AM

Huckabee may not have the best plans, his supporters though are the only ones I think are not completely sheep. They have always been fair to us, the "leader" of hucks army has even been on here to congratulate us in fund raising. I personally think that Hucks Army will join us when he drops out (that is if some of JERKS dont push them off by being ASSES.)

Andrew-Austin
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Huckabee may not have the best plans, his supporters though are the only ones I think are not completely sheep. They have always been fair to us, the "leader" of hucks army has even been on here to congratulate us in fund raising. I personally think that Hucks Army will join us when he drops out (that is if some of JERKS dont push them off by being ASSES.)

Seriously.... It doesn't matter if a group of people does not completely agree with us on everything.. When they defend our candidate, we should respond politely and acordingly, instead of agreesively.

Catatonic
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM

Thats different. His supporters that are hooked by his charisma and his recent Ron Paulish are more than welcome. There is a lot of deception going on, especially by Huckabee, and I don't think we hold that against his supporters. Let Huckabee and Ron Paul go at it in a debate and see how many people end up changing teams.

Its great that his supporters are at least willing to give Ron Paul some fair play. But this thread was turning into 'why Huckabee is great'. I mean, on the subject of slaughtering muslims and Americans he's "In it to win it". This isn't a friggin football game. The man disgusts me.

Edward
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
But this thread was turning into 'why Huckabee is great'.I've read the entire thread and have found that assertion to be false.

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
From Hucks forum:
Examples of how people that don't understand economics reply to Ron's answers and why Ron needs to talk down to the masses:

-Paul doesn't speak in a clear concise way, and the whining, oh the whining! I hear enough of that with three kids!

-RP: "Austrian theory of business"?!?
Man, this guy totally loses me every time he starts talking...

-Paul actually gave a good answer... he's just so whiny.

-I am a securities principal (series 24) and Paul gave a great answer...it is just over everybody's head. (educated people get it...)

-I don't understand a word Paul says....he rambles hopelessly.

-Paul is having a huge night...which is really GOOD...cause no one is going to vote for him anyway.

h ttp://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6385&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=b3cd7c98b1fe4473248695d5afc0ac8a

Mithridates
01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
-I am a securities principal (series 24) and Paul gave a great answer...it is just over everybody's head. (educated people get it...)

Oh yeah, I remember reading that one closer to the beginning of the thread and then forgot about it. That was a good comment too.

Computer
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't care if they want to vote for Huck for whatever reason, but it's heartening that they recognize the unfair treatment of a respectable American by a monopoloy media company trying to stomp on Democracy and decency.

Dary
01-11-2008, 11:57 AM

Not to mention his total lack of respect for the 10th and by extention, the whole document itself.

But if his supporters want to come on over, hey welcome aboard.
:)

jarrodcrawford
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
It is too bad most christians don't see past Huckabee and see their best choice in Paul. I my case I couldn't see any reason to look past Paul to anyone else. Paul is the best example of a follower of Jesus that I've seen running for office in a long time.

SteveMartin
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Yea, but let's NEVER suggest Huckabee as a potential running mate. His appearance (and article) for the Council on Foreign Relations means he now has the full neocon stamp of approval. They would just whack Ron the first day he was in office, and put their little deceiver in his place with one bullet.

ForTheRevolution
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I see Huck as a great minister, but not a great president. He has some good jokes to keep the congregation awake, but really needs to study history and the constitution more before he should be making a run for the presidency.

Kudos to the Huck forum people for recognizing how shotty FOX News is and the unfair treatment they give to particular candidates at particular times.

LukeNM
01-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Watch out -- Huckabee is the man we have to beat! They are the enemy so do not be sympathizers of their campaign or you will be labeled an operative…

mortepa
01-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I think Huckabee's supporters are the closest to us. Most are evangelicals who are attracted to the God's talk by Huckabee. But if they were to really think hard, Ron Paul is the best follower of Jesus' true message, a truly humble man, who is not self-righteous, and who truly believes and follows the golden rule.

I think Thompson is even more like Ron, other than the CFR, mild 2nd amendment support, and foreign policy...but I can see what you are saying too.

I suspect that if Thompson and Huckabee were to suddenly drop out, Ron would be an instant front-runner.

Hurricane Bruiser
01-11-2008, 01:20 PM

Or the other way around depending on how things shake out.

My rank of Republicans:

Rudy: War Monger, fascist, gun grabber, loves prosecuting. HORRIBLE

McCain: No respect for 1st Amendment, little for 2nd, war monger, nanny state regulations. HORRIBLE

Romney: legislate Morality, somewhat war monger, Mass. healthcare mandatory nationwide it seems. HORRIBLE

Thompson: Not too bad on many issues except foreign policy and possible morality enforcer, needs to wake up. NOT TOO BAD

Huckabee: Opposed school vouchers because the government would have too many strings attached, strong 2nd amendment, perhaps legislate morality, open to killing the IRS, raised taxes but also cut other taxes that were worse. Has also critized Bush on foreign policy, keeps stealing Ron Paul's talking points on some issues. SOME NEGATIVES BUT 2ND FAVORITE

Ron Paul: Obvious favorite for MANY reasons.

Gimme Some Truth
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Hucks Army make me laugh.

THey moan about "Ron Paul spammers" , then call for people to spam the polls for Huckabee

They moan about Frank Luntz's (f**k you frank!) focus group and how its fixed and then start praising it because they gave Huckabee the highest mark for his "gates of hell" comment about Iran.

Apart from that they are probably more intelligent and like-able than your typical neocon supporter. Tho the owner/admin guy who plays the victim all the time and puts up open letters to RP supporters is annoying.

Gimme Some Truth
01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Or the other way around depending on how things shake out.

My rank of Republicans:

Rudy: War Monger, fascist, gun grabber, loves prosecuting. HORRIBLE

McCain: No respect for 1st Amendment, little for 2nd, war monger, nanny state regulations. HORRIBLE

Romney: legislate Morality, somewhat war monger, Mass. healthcare mandatory nationwide it seems. HORRIBLE

Thompson: Not too bad on many issues except foreign policy and possible morality enforcer, needs to wake up. NOT TOO BAD

Huckabee: Opposed school vouchers because the government would have too many strings attached, strong 2nd amendment, perhaps legislate morality, open to killing the IRS, raised taxes but also cut other taxes that were worse. Has also critized Bush on foreign policy, keeps stealing Ron Paul's talking points on some issues. SOME NEGATIVES BUT 2ND FAVORITE

Ron Paul: Obvious favorite for MANY reasons.

Its funny how you have the candidates setup because that is exactly how the MSM etc want the outcome of the primaries to be (from top to bottom)

Caravello
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
On the religion issue, for me a simple explanation would always do the trick:

For example, a judge can believe that stealing is morally wrong but still be a fair judge in a shoplifting case, right?

Why can't religious folk start using that same logic? and explain how they can separate their religious beliefs from their job as an executive? It makes perfect sense.

mikeInAZ
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Ya know, it's refreshing to hear. Very refreshing.

dshields
01-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I've read the entire thread and have found that assertion to be false.

Agreed, this is more of an "Olive Branch" Thread to the Huck supporters.

Think of this as Ron Paul Foreign Policy :D lol

Dave

VoluntaryMan
01-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Some of the comments over there from Huckabee's supporters are quite fair. Here's what some of them said on the electability question:

(I think that was just after the question to Huckabee on the biblical verse)

Immigration:

After the debate:

Do you have a link for that? I think that might be the "fake" forum.

acptulsa
01-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I like some of Huck's views as well. His Fair Tax attracted me several months ago, but then I found Ron and Ron fits my small government views as well. It's good their supporters see the unfairness. I wonder if we would be around 20% if Huck wasn't in the race?

No, we certainly would not. Dr. Paul was too well known to the establishment (new world order) before. Huckabee is starting to look like a Godsend. Sure wouldn't have thought that yesterday.

acptulsa
01-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Ron Paul is seen as a dead man walking. that's why he was allowed into the SC debate. it was also so FOX could re-stake their reputation by appearing magnanimous. all the while, the moderators were insolent and dismissive.

Dr. Paul was not allowed into the debate because he's seen as a dead man walking. He was let into the debate because of us bloggers; because of a real journalist and great American named Bill Moyers; and because Jay Leno, an entertainer, either picked up on the fact that people are tired of being dictated to by the MSM in general and Faux in particular and needed help because of the writer strike, is very patriotic, or both.

There may be times that we feel like we're pissing in the wind, but I was arguing for the Libertarian Party in 1988 and writing letters to editors, and I know what pissing in the wind is really like.

The moderators were insolent and dismissive in a last-ditch attempt to paint a tinfoil hat on the doctor's head and our heads. It seems to have turned the corner--the tinfoil won't stick.

After fighting for years to educate a public that didn't want to see the problem, I am stunned and amazed. You guys and gals are bringing tears to my eyes. Remember, as one who has been at it since before some of you were born, to use concrete examples, try in advance to come up with short, sweet, simple points on as many issues as you can, and always be respectful to your audience!

Now if we could just teach Dr. Paul how to do short, sweet, simple thirty second sound bites!

eyeswideopen
01-11-2008, 02:55 PM

I couldn’t finish reading this thread ( got to page 3) when I started to see some ‘Huck love’ going on. Let me be very clear people, there is nothing good about Huckabee. He was my governor. I know him first hand. I was constantly calling him “Little Bush” during his terms as governor.

Ask him about his history with the Freedom of Information Act. He simply would reply with “No, I will not release that information. Sue me” if he had the kahunas to be honest. Also, you’ve heard him called Tax Hike Mike. Let me make that even clearer for you. When he left office there was a surplus of around 384 MILLION dollars. That money has never been returned – nor will it be.

Arkansas is one of the poorest states and one of the states with the highest taxes. Please do not be fooled by this charlatan. Nothing good would come out of Huck holding any kind of office.

mdevour
01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I mean really; what would a Ron Paul presidency bring except peace, security, a complete check, and freedom to live according to your own conscience!

Disciple, I hope and pray that we'll see more peace, security, income, and freedom, but I cannot for a moment envision a paradisaical administration for Ron Paul. So your saying "what would [it] bring except..." was very uncomfortable for me to read...

Figuratively speaking, we are going to have to claw our way over broken glass and hot coals to achieve victory. The entrenched powers will not give up... ever! Even if Ron Paul achieves a landslide, they will continue plotting their return to domination over us.

Even a "landslide" victory would leave us a minority, struggling against the tide of apathy, mediocrity, and amoral greed ascendant in our culture.

I don't see Dr. Paul's humble foreign policy sparing us from war, even if it means Congress has to declare it outright, for once. I don't see us escaping terrorist attacks, natural disasters, or continuous harassment from the media jackals.

The rewards that will come with victory are more than enough to motivate us to tireless effort, but we dare not think our road gets easy if we win. It will be only the first stop on our journey.

Peace,

Mike D.

Thomas Paine
01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
This Resistance Movement has only just begun and will long outlive Ron Paul!

Mithridates
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Do you have a link for that? I think that might be the "fake" forum.

Yeah, the link's on page 4 of this thread. Don't worry, it wasn't the fake forums.

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 07:40 PM

maybe mccain can strap a bomb on and follow them there...lets see if he is true to his word....mwaahahaahaaa

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 07:45 PM

the other candidates are playing for Ron Paul's supporters. most notably is Huckabee. he needs to draw the liberals and conservatives alike, since he is more or less a Democrat but a CHRISTIAN one, to convince the GOP he can break out from his limited base. he has no shame when it comes to blatantly stealing ideas, since he is betting Ron Paul will go away.

I can't say that I blame him or FOX for thinking that after the failures in IA and NH. sure, it's only two states, but Ron Paul has been attacked from all sides since the get go. no one believes Rudy will pull through on Super Tuesday, either, and he was the favorite.

Ron Paul did well by distinguishing himself on the economy and foreign policy, by standing up to his attackers, making him a strong and sympathetic character. anyone would give credit to his analysis of the Israeli - Palestinian situation. he sounded sane and informed, dispelling any rumors of antisemitism. that's the big gripe the CEC's have with Ron Paul. he may have bought himself sometime, though I suspect another fifth place finish in SC.

fox news is going to self destruct......we see this in their stock and the people who watch their garbage sees that they are garbage the way they treat people....
some people do like to hear all side of the story and can do without the attacks...they are self destructing......

Carole
01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
If Huckabee has to drop out along the way, should we not be hoping to win many of them over to our side?