PDA

View Full Version : RP supporters suck.

shadowhooch
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Okay, I'm calling all of you out.
We have over 100,000 doners to Ron Paul in the 4th quarter but UNDER 5,000 precinct captains???????????

Don't you want Ron Paul to be elected? Being a precinct captain is so easy. All it takes is a lit drop, a phone call, and a followup. Job done and Ron Paul wins. It is as simple as that.

If you are on this forum and you are not a precinct captain......FOR SHAME!!!!!:eek:

rodent
01-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Okay, I'm calling all of you out.
We have over 100,000 doners to Ron Paul in the 4th quarter but UNDER 5,000 precinct captains???????????

Don't you want Ron Paul to be elected? Being a precinct captain is so easy. All it takes is a lit drop, a phone call, and a followup. Job done and Ron Paul wins. It is as simple as that.

If you are on this forum and you are not a precinct captain......FOR SHAME!!!!!:eek:

I have a job and go to school at the same time so I'm out for a full 70 hours a week. If you tell me this is manageable for a person like me, I'll consider it.

I just don't know what kind of time commitment being a "precinct captain" is.

mosquitobite
01-11-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree.

If you are waiting for someone else to pick up the torch in YOUR district - plain and simple:

YOU DON'T DESERVE THE FREEDOM RON PAUL WANTS TO GIVE YOU!!!

I'm PREGNANT and I signed up to be a precinct captain. I decided I wasn't going to let my child's future rest in the hands of someone who may not appear.

ronpaul4pres
01-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I have a job and go to school at the same time so I'm out for a full 70 hours a week. If you tell me this is manageable for a person like me, I'll consider it.

It all depends on you. "Only" working/schooling for 70 hours per week means you can squeeze in 2 hours per week towards this.

This should be done IN PLACE of sign waving and some other activities, so you can find free time that way.

mosquitobite
01-11-2008, 09:45 AM
bump

Mortikhi
01-11-2008, 10:04 AM

I have a job, a business, 3 kids and a wife. Do what I do: sacrifice sleep.

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah it baffles my mind when I see people on here saying they don't have time to be a precinct captain, yet you can clearly see they have well over 100 posts on this forum. If you have time to be on this forum that much people then you easily have the time to do something that is 100 times more important.

Mortikhi
01-11-2008, 10:09 AM
You save loads of time by not watching tv. I saved myself at least 2-3 hours per day.

swhdallas
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I was disgusted by the questions asked of RP last night at the debate...and extremely proud of how RP handled himself. After that, I decide to sign up as a precinct leader.. We all HAVE to focus on the local level. Door-to-door, one-on-one is how this has to be won!

shadowhooch
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM

It takes as much time as you want to give it. Even if you only do a portion of your precinct, it is better than nothing. It really doesn't take much time at all.

A lit drop (you don't even have to talk to people).
A survey to identify the RP supporters in your precinct.
And a followup to make sure they vote.

Done. Victory. Do it.

Kandilynn
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
How large is a precinct? And how would I know what my precinct is? I don't have a car so I would have to borrow one. But I am totally willing to do that if it is any area within my county. But I can't drive all over the state.

LibertyLu
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
How large is a precinct? And how would I know what my precinct is? I don't have a car so I would have to borrow one. But I am totally willing to do that if it is any area within my county. But I can't drive all over the state.

A precinct is basically your neighborhood. My precinct has ~200 houses, roughly. All within walking distance. When you sign up, the campaign will make precinct maps and walking lists available to you.

Now go sign up! :)

mconder
01-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Ron Paul supporters are all professional bloggers and web surfers. They don't like to get off their ass a whole lot. It's the recipe to his success and his failure. I'm signed up though.

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Ron Paul supporters are all professional bloggers and web surfers. They don't like to get off their ass a whole lot. It's the recipe to his success and his failure. I'm signed up though.

I wouldn't say all of them are, but from what I've calculated about 95% of them only support RP via the internet. This is why he is loosing in these early states. It's not going to change unless people become precinct captains. If you don't become a precinct captain, you might as well stop supporting RP now because you're just wasting your time. Show real support and sign up now!

Ah yeah, and congrats to mconder for signing up!

LBennett76
01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't mind a lit drop, but I'm not a phone person. I worked as a telemarketer and quit after a month I hated it so much. I refuse to even own a cell phone. lol
So that's the only thing holding me back. Any way to get around this?

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't mind a lit drop, but I'm not a phone person. I worked as a telemarketer and quit after a month I hated it so much. I refuse to even own a cell phone. lol
So that's the only thing holding me back. Any way to get around this?

The only phone calling you would need to do is a few days before your caucus/primary you would call probably a handful of RP supporters in your precinct and make sure they are going to the caucus/primary. So yeah that's it. You don't need to call everyone in your precinct - that would be crazy.

So please sign up if you want RP in the white house. It IS the only way to make it happen.

LBennett76
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
The only phone calling you would need to do is a few days before your caucus/primary you would call probably a handful of RP supporters in your precinct and make sure they are going to the caucus/primary. So yeah that's it. You don't need to call everyone in your precinct - that would be crazy.

So please sign up if you want RP in the white house. It IS the only way to make it happen.

PM me your email, RPDelegate, so I can put you as my referrer. :o) I'm going to sign up right now.

rpfan2008
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree.

If you are waiting for someone else to pick up the torch in YOUR district - plain and simple:

YOU DON'T DESERVE THE FREEDOM RON PAUL WANTS TO GIVE YOU!!!

I'm PREGNANT and I signed up to be a precinct captain. I decided I wasn't going to let my child's future rest in the hands of someone who may not appear.

Joan of Am :)

ALL THE BEST

jb4ronpaul
01-11-2008, 11:36 AM
this is what I am doing in my precinct because it is cheap, easy, personal, and I can hit thousands of people quickly. I am writing a personal letter on why I support Dr. Paul, photo copy and sign it, and going to drop it off at people's houses, no postage that way. I will put my name, address, and phone number and ask people to contact me if they want to join or are interested in finding out more.

I don't have the time to knock on every door or call every person. No waiting for slim jims either. And it is still personal and costs very little.

I suggest we have a database of sample letters people can choose or edit.

mosquitobite
01-11-2008, 11:39 AM
this is what I am doing in my precinct because it is cheap, easy, personal, and I can hit thousands of people quickly. I am writing a personal letter on why I support Dr. Paul, photo copy and sign it, and going to drop it off at people's houses, no postage that way. I will put my name, address, and phone number and ask people to contact me if they want to join or are interested in finding out more.

I don't have the time to knock on every door or call every person. No waiting for slim jims either. And it is still personal and costs very little.

I suggest we have a database of sample letters people can choose or edit.

See my signature for my strategy. I'm taking my best friend out driving so she can toss the newspapers while I drive (she's the one that plays softball, not me :D)

Arramond
01-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I live in the UK so do I still suck? :D

jarofclay
01-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Blimp.

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I have a job, a business, 3 kids and a wife. Do what I do: sacrifice sleep.

We can all sleep in December.

That is NO Excuse :D

I am signed up and will be out tomorrow hitting my Apartment complex first. Then I have 1 small neighborhood left.

jarofclay
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM

I guess we need to talk to your friends and enemies to make an objective judgment call. Otherwise if you're for RON PAUL then no, you don't.

mosquitobite
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM

I guess we'll let that slide.... :D

gaazn
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
time is money. some would rather just give money instead of spending time. there's nothing wrong with that and it should be applauded, not criticized.

ronpaulhawaii
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM

"All"??? I don't think so...

time is money. some would rather just give money instead of spending time. there's nothing wrong with that and it should be applauded, not criticized.

We all do what we can do. For certain though, if every precinct in this country is not covered by a captain, that will suck...

m

mosquitobite
01-11-2008, 12:26 PM

If you are on this forum, you are a notch about "just giving money". If you understand and support Ron Paul's positions so much that you are spending your internet time here, then as a whole you understand what the freedom he offers means for our future.

If you're not willing to invest your time as well, I stand by my earlier statement... you don't deserve the freedom.

Part of understanding Dr Paul's platform is realizing if implemented, you personally hold the power for your future. If you're willing to let that rest in someone else's hands, well you deserve the government you get from that...

amy31416
01-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Bloody right you do, mate!

Okay fine, you don't suck. Keep up with the online stuff for us, ok?

TheHand
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
How about a direct link to this instead of links to your own posts. Confusing!

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM

Only in a most peculiar English way, eh chap? :)

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I really would like to get names for my walking list. I'd be out tomorrow if I'd gotten them last Friday when I signed up. I'm going to need to print my own slimjims but I don't know which ones or how many. I hope that HQ gets their data into the system ASAP
:mad: