PDA

View Full Version : HQ completely ignoring Michigan...

tsetsefly
01-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Aside from radio commercials nothing for Michigan a state where we could get just 5% of dems to vote for a against the war candidate and that would give us a boost instead I have no idea what HQ is doing, I really think we had a shot at michigan apparently HQ does not...

ridiculous, at least spend some on advertising, we know they didnt spend it in Iowa or NH...

brumans
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I've been getting tons of mailings from HQ

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
If he has no chance of winning don't waste the money. Rock Alaska and NV - It could keep his name viable.

walt
01-11-2008, 09:14 AM
I've been getting tons of mailings from HQ

I'd really love to know if you're neighbors are or whether these goofs are just bombing supporters.

joshuastjohn
01-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I haven't received any mailings so it looks like they're not targeting supporters. Probably targeting previous voters. I've never voted in a presidential race.

rollingpig
01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I haven't received any mailings so it looks like they're not targeting supporters. Probably targeting previous voters. I've never voted in a presidential race.
did you sign up at mainsite?

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I've heard that in Michigan the primary are so open that even Democrats can vote in it. Anyone who if there is any truth to this?

joshuastjohn
01-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I'm signed up at ronpaul2008.com.

People can vote in one of the primaries. When they go to vote, they have to choose a republican ballot or a democrat ballot. So they can vote in the republican primary.

KingTheoden
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
I'd really love to know if you're neighbors are or whether these goofs are just bombing supporters.

Exactly. That is the critical thing. Donors should get a mailing and phone call to vote, but they are not the priority. It is the unconverted, not the choir that needs attention.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 10:09 AM

People can vote in one of the primaries. When they go to vote, they have to choose a republican ballot or a democrat ballot. So they can vote in the republican primary.

If that's the case we need to get a hold of some kind of list of Democrat voters or a Dem donor list or something and send them letters/direct mail making the case to vote RP on primary day because Michigan has lost all of its Dem delegates so for them its just a beauty contest! So why not encourage them to make their vote matter by voting in the Republican primary instead? We could make the case along the lines of "Want TWO anti-war candidates this November so it's win-win and we'll get out of Iraq no matter who's elected? INSTEAD OF VOTING IN THE DEMOCRAT PRIMARY ON PRIMARY DAY AND HAVE YOUR VOTE NOT MATTER BECAUSE WE HAVE NO DELEGATES VOTE RON PAUL IN THE MICHIGAN REPUBLICAN PRIMARY!"

tsetsefly
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I've heard that in Michigan the primary are so open that even Democrats can vote in it. Anyone who if there is any truth to this?

fuc k yeah, its been plastered all over the forums, even better dems have no delegates so they have nothing to vote for, imo a goldmine to get them to support an anti-neocon anti-war candidate...

born2drv
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Isn't Romney going "all in" on Michigan after pulling ads in SC and FL? And McCain and Huckster have both stepped up spending to counter Romney.... Rudy is going broke asking his people to work for free.... If Thompson loses SC he's out for sure.

I say let them all fight it out and waste their money in the next couple of states. The important thing is we need to remain competitive (ie. get ahead of at least 1 "frontrunner" even if it's only Thompson or Giuiliani) so we maintain some viability and get invited to more debates so we can surge later.

ValidusCustodiae
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM

But the Democrats have a complicated caucus to deal with, while Republicans can simply vote for their candidate as normal in a primary. This could work in our favor as well and should be taken advantage of.

Madison
01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I have received a mailer from McCain and also one from Romney. Nothing from anyone else.

Eponym_mi
01-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I got robo-called by Romney last night.

Indy Vidual
01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I've heard that too.
Michigan should be a big opportunity.

mmink15
01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I suggest doing the precinct leader thing, through the campaign website. If we have to take things into our own hands, so be it.

Eponym_mi
01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Might help if the campaign actually spent some time here and generated some buzz.

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
If we focused on the war and got in touch with the democrats, we could do great in MI...

Probably too later for this strategy now though.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I have received a mailer from McCain and also one from Romney. Nothing from anyone else.

no paul literature?

Eponym_mi
01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Just got robo-called by Romney again....now they're pissing me off.

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 07:14 PM

It's true! You can vote for whomever you want despite your registered party affiliation. That's why I too am disappointed we haven't even had a commericail! I'm busting my ass and they don't think my state is worth it. I donated, and would like some payoff!

Madison
01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
no paul literature?

Nothing so far.

However I did take it upon myself to mail Ron Paul slimjims to the return addresses on the McRomney mailers.

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I suggest doing the precinct leader thing, through the campaign website. If we have to take things into our own hands, so be it.

I'm a precinct captain in MI and there is no way I can canvass and mail to everyone in my precinct alone. I've posted for help, but beyond that and waving a "google Ron Paul" sign, we can't compete with the Romney ad's every 15 minutes!

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Might help if the campaign actually spent some time here and generated some buzz.

+1000 We haven't even received cofirmation as to whether or not he will be at the Defending the American Dream Summit here tomorrow! We're already to plaster the highway from Detroit to Livonia and he hasn't confirmed! McCain, Romney, and Hunter are the only candidates to confirm.

http://www.defendingthedream.org/MI/index.html

LibertyEagle
01-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Has anyone contacted the campaign about this?

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Has anyone contacted the campaign about this?

Yep, I complained about it on the Michigan for Ron Paul meetup and they deleted the post!

Geronimo
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM

That's exactly how it worked here in NH.

Jobarra
01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
While I agree that they will destroy each other in Michigan, Florida, and South Carolina, I think the campaign should risk a large expenditure to try to win both Michigan and Florida. If we can win both, Romney and Rudy are as good as finished. And with that, the major money is out of the game. If Thompson wins SC, then we are in really good shape if we won Michigan and Florida.

Noleader
01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Speaking as a Michigan resident I do not see him making a huge splash here as McCain is still popular around here (plus a good part of our population will NEVER vote for a Republican no matter what). Romney is also as the whole grew up in Michigan thing (even though it was in the snob area) working for him.

Paul is better to focus on NV.

Trigonx
01-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Speaking as a Michigan resident I do not see him making a huge splash here as McCain is still popular around here (plus a good part of our population will NEVER vote for a Republican no matter what). Romney is also as the whole grew up in Michigan thing (even though it was in the snob area) working for him.

Paul is better to focus on NV.

I agree, NV is a winnable state for Ron Paul and will make some headlines to give us momentum for Florida and Super Tuesday