PDA

View Full Version : Hopefuls Clash in Debate as 1st Southern Primary Nears. John McCain Slur.

RonPaulFTFW
01-11-2008, 08:51 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/10/AR2008011004007.html?hpid=topnews

On foreign policy, several candidates sharply criticized Paul, who called for the end of U.S. involvement in Iraq and criticized U.S. foreign policy in other areas. Asked about his supporters view that the United States was complicit in the Sept. 11 attacks, he said: "I've abandoned those viewpoints. I don't believe that."

With the other candidates in agreement that Navy sailors had properly handled an incident over the weekend in which U.S. officials said that Iranian speedboats threatened three American warships in international waters in the Strait of Hormuz, Paul said: "People are looking around for an excuse to bomb Iran. . . . We don't need another war."

Romney slammed Paul, accusing him of reading "press releases" from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, while McCain said: "I'm not interested in trading with al-Qaeda. All they want to trade is burqas. I don't want to travel with them. They like one-way tickets."

Huckabee said that the U.S. military must be strong enough that aggressors should "be prepared that the next things you see will be the gates of hell."