01-11-2008, 08:44 AM
The 'Timesonline' article said there were only 5 candidates

Patriot
01-11-2008, 08:48 AM
check out his front page

'
HUCKABEE WARNING TO IRAN: BE PREPARED TO SEE GATES OF HELL'

this is the kind of crap Ron was referring to in his response

Yes, I was disappointed that Ron did not give a better answer to Brit Hume's attack. Huck and Thompson both advocated aggression not "a passive response" as Hume said.

simranjits
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Yes, I was disappointed that Ron did not give a better answer to Brit Hume's attack. Huck and Thompson both advocated aggression not "a passive response" as Hume said.

I think he didn't hear it clearly , at least thats what he said.

VoluntaryMan
01-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I think he didn't hear it clearly , at least thats what he said.

I think he trusted Hume, probably because of his fake professorial tone, and assumed he must have missed something. After all, why would the debate moderator outright lie to him about something so easily verifiable as what the other candidates had just said. I hate to say this, especially since I've criticized others for saying the same thing, but he needs to get some sleep. The man is dealing with family issues, performing his congressional duties (recess or no), running for re-election to Congress, AND campaigning heavily for President. This schedule would hospitalize a man half his age. He needs to get some sleep, especially the night before and day of a debate. He looks like hell, and these debates do matter.

Also, can't they hold these debates at different times of day; we aren't all at our best and brightest at the same time of day, and these debate schedules heavily favor the night owls. I'm in my early 40s, and if Brit had pulled that crap on me at 10pm, I might have fallen for it too, especially if I was already straining to hear the distorted, amplified voices of opponents and moderators half way across a stadium (I also suffer from a slight hearing loss, that would worked against me in such an environment, a service related hearing loss I've had since my 20s).

I know Brit was trying to make Dr. Paul look like an out of touch, doddering old fool, but circumstances conspired to help him. Brit is an irredeamable prick, and, if Faux Nuze had any integrity, they would unceremoniously fire his smug @$$.

SteveMartin
01-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Ummm...they need to give him an earpiece that works. You think the fact he couldn't hear was an accident??

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Ummm...they need to give him an earpiece that works. You think the fact he couldn't hear was an accident??

Not the slightest. They cut that shit off.

graddium
01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I think Ron Paul couldn't process the absolute stupidity that came out of Hume's mouth. He's like "errr, I don't understand. You can't be that stupid and asinine can you? Can you please repeat what you said?"

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM

You can her thompson in the background during Humes speach say, " well I wouldn't call it passive". So even Fred couldn't believe this lame attempt

blakjak
01-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow. According to the article there were only 5 candidates at the debate.

The five candidates still in the running, holding a debate in a state whose primary on Saturday January 19 could determine the nomination, argued who best embodied the legacy of Ronald Reagan and talked belligerently about Tehran.

NO mention of Paul.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article3170279.ece

itshappening
01-11-2008, 10:05 AM
they're owned by the same people who run fox, so are you surprised!

evadmurd
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
"Still in the running"....that's them voting for everyone again. To the MSM, Paul was a "necessary evil" at the debate last night. Like Hannity said last night, "at this point any of the candidates , EXCEPT RON PAUL, has a chance at the nomination.

A-holes.

mconder
01-11-2008, 10:14 AM

They purposely did that to him to make him look old and weak.

PC_for_Paul
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Next debate he needs to switch ear pieces with Ghoolonie.

VoluntaryMan
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
I think Ron Paul couldn't process the absolute stupidity that came out of Hume's mouth. He's like "errr, I don't understand. You can't be that stupid and asinine can you? Can you please repeat what you said?"

It's like walking outside on a bright sunny day, and someone walks up and hands you an umbrella: cognitive dissonance. It was a dirty trick, and it could happen to anyone. Brit was trying to make him look foolish. I wasn't aware of the earpiece situation. Given the level of open hostility from FOX, the campaign should be highly skeptical of any equipment supplied by them. It looked like he was having trouble with his mic, too, as if it was loose, and wouldn't stay up properly. Plus, those goons would shake the camera, each time he spoke. Heads need to roll!

Monotaur
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
"Still in the running"....that's them voting for everyone again. To the MSM, Paul was a "necessary evil" at the debate last night. Like Hannity said last night, "at this point any of the candidates , EXCEPT RON PAUL, has a chance at the nomination.

A-holes.

Uhm, was this a literal quote? If so, I missed it...

Thanehand
01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
yes, it was.

Monotaur
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
yes, it was.

Do you have a link? I'd like to see that... dunno why, not that my blood pressure needs to be higher... :)

Computer
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
My god is better than your god, and to prove it, I'm going to kill you.

pacelli
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm getting a little tired of the other candidates and the moderators clearing their throats and laughing and coughing into the mics whenever Paul speaks. They truly want to silence Ron Paul.

Voluntaryist
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Why in the Hell does Fox talk about "being passive" after Huckleberry said "open the gates of hell" and Thompson says "send them to meet their virgins."

What is passive about that?!?!?! How can you make Paul look like the fool for urging caution when the previos two answers were all about sending people to the AFTERLIFE?!?!?

Paulitician
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Fixed News are propagandists. Duh. Even Ronnie has said it. Check out teh sig...

evadmurd
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Do you have a link? I'd like to see that... dunno why, not that my blood pressure needs to be higher... :)

It was after the post debate interviews and H&C were talking to 2 democratic consultants. I can't remember their names. Hannitty looked right into the camera and said, "EXCEPT for Ron Paul."

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh I heard Fred say it.

"I don't know if I'll call it passive..." or something like that.

1:35 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKvCfZWHaNw

dmspilot00
01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh I heard Fred say it.

"I don't know if I'll call it passive..." or something like that.

1:35 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKvCfZWHaNw

Sounds like, "I don't know if that was passive."

nate895
01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
The 'Timesonline' article said there were only 5 candidates

If they're only five candidates, they must be excluding Romney since he can't win when an election is rigged in his favor.

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 11:57 PM

LMAO LMAO!!

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Sounds like, "I don't know if that was passive."

Oh yeah, Dread Thompson is a staunch warmonger.