PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee warning to Iran: Be Prepared to See the Gates of Hell

FrankRep
01-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Drudge Report: Huckabee warning to Iran: Be Prepared to See the Gates of Hell

Iran dominates Republican presidential debate in conservative South Carolina

Times Online
January 11, 2008

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article3170279.ece

TSOL
01-11-2008, 08:25 AM
I could not believe he said that

Trying to act like he is not going to preach his religious views while President, but turns around and tells IRAN to prepare to battle the 7 Seals

homah
01-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Wow:

"The five candidates still in the running"

Paul not mentioned in the article. Bad Media Reporting even overseas.

ButchHowdy
01-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Elmer Fudd SPEAKS!!

Todd
01-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm a Christian and I can't see anyone with an understanding of "Just war doctrine" actually saying this during a debate. Unbelievable. Pretty scary that Huckabee just distinguished himself as being in a higher tier of War mongering. That statement is pretty loud and clear as to his position.

JohnM
01-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Wow:

"The five candidates still in the running"

Paul not mentioned in the article. Bad Media Reporting even overseas.

Guess who owns The Times?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Times

So, no surprises there.

McLovin
01-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Seeing George Bush say this make you wonder because he's just crazy enough to do it. Seeing this jackass say it just makes me laugh, if there's ever been a more blatant example of pandering I missed it (with the possible exception of Fred Thompson's answer 30 seconds later.)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 09:08 AM
There are a tiny amount of muslims who want a holy war? Huck will give you one.

BobTaft
01-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Clearly what this nation needs is a president who believes all Muslims are evil and the role of the United States as eliminating them to make Christianity triumphant. That will effectively deal with the terroristic threat which faces this nation.

Anyways, that exchange on Iran was ridiculous, almost surreal. The GOP seems to be setting itself up for a landslide electoral college defeat. Not the Mondale in '84 kind, but not too far off the mark once you leave the South and Rocky Mountain states.

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Guess who owns The Times?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Times

So, no surprises there.

Good God Murdoch owns everything.

Talldude1412
01-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Huck defended himself pretty well as usual for most of the debate, and the wife subjection question was a friggin underhanded toss for him to nail out of the park (stupid fox), but he definitely bought some enemies with this stupid line. Prepare to see the gates of hell? And you say you used to be a pastor? Thats just ridiculous. Kinda missing the whole humility thing eh?

malibu
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I could not believe he (Huckabee) said that . . .

And that was after Brit Hume talks about provacation and aggressiveness for the first time -

and then Fred tries to go one better with the "they'll see those virgins" soundbite.

Wait, it gets worse -
Goon Hume a second time brings up provacation and aggressiveness, I think with Sheriff McLame.

Ron Paul gets asked - and starts to talk about all he's heard so far, and that there is no caution. He's right, it sure sounded to me like alot of sabre-rattling for World War III.

But then the kicker . . .

Brit Hume gets on some pathethic defense of the rhetoric by the other candidates -
labeling and calling it all so passive and ripping into RP.
He's the journalist here - are Americans watching this really THAT dumb to what is going on?

That has earned Brit Hume my nomination for Keith Olbermann's worse person in the world awards.

We need YouTube of this if anyone can find it.

PaultheSaint
01-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Setting the stage for WWIII, the apolcolypse and the second coming I guess.

malibu
01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

- Matthew 5 : 9