PDA

View Full Version : The media PANIC is ENCOURAGING!

dshields
01-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Folks,

I am damn encouraged by the evident panic in the media. Ever hear the metaphor of a duck on water? Looks calm and elegant on the surfaces but paddling like HELL underneath!

Well, the media, papers, and pundits of the FOX News elk are actively engaged in a war and are desperately trying to smear and discredit Ron Paul with the intention of SLOWING OUR MOMENTUM! Regardless of your feelings about Iowa and New Hampshire maintaining about an 9% average WITHOUT MEDIA SUPPORT between the two states is SIGNIFICANT and they KNOW THIS!

We are actively in a war. Fox News along with its other media cronies are blatantly in the open trying to twist Ron Paul's words if not ignoring him entirely. Most people fight the media and for the most part it is a one sided fight since the public doesn't see this struggle nor does the media acknowledge it. However, in our case, it has acknowledged it and it has become obvious. This is a fight they have acknowledged and are also actively engaged in be it in their broadcasts, focus groups, polls, or even trolls within our grass-roots.

This is encouraging because they see us as a REAL threat. Not some fringe candidate trying to get air time but a TRUE threat to their foundation. A Ron Paul
Presidency would be a virtual end to their ways and they know this. The are acting on their instinct of self preservation.

Be encouraged by this bias! Embrace it as the war it is and take the fight right back to them. Don't let them slow our momentum. Our growth has become a geometric increase because the message is real and our cause is just.

Folks, BE ENCOURAGED! I have a smile from ear to ear as I sit here and ponder the past weeks since Iowa. I can smell the smoke in the fields of political battle and the fog of war can be used to both of our advantage, so lets use it to ours!

Dave

Wyurm
01-11-2008, 08:08 AM
The fight is going to get worse and Dr. Paul knows it. That's why he posted that message on the campaign site. He clearly is warning us that the attacks will only get worse and asking us to please stick together with him. I'm with him and I'm not going anywhere.

emk
01-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Agreed, but we need to start winning some states. Dealing with attacks is one thing, turning them back and moving into an offensive posture is what we should aim for now. We need to put the 'establishment' on the defensive, not just cheerfully suffer through attacks.

Voodoo
01-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Patience.

"Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes."

dshields
01-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Patience.

"Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes."

Indeed!

Carole
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Wondering, Fox viewers are probably not the people who might vote for Ron Paul.

That is what--a couple million people?

If 25 percent of those viewers do not believe Fox, is that 500,000 votes for Paul? :D

For those who watch Fox and do not believe them, is not Fox throwing votes and Opinions Paul's way by deriding him-especially after all the publicity of the last forum from which he was excluded?

It is bound to make "some" people wonder, "who is this guy Fox hates?" and "Hey, he is nothing like the others."

Just musing.