PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Effect

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm a realist, Dr. Paul has never stood much of a chance of winning the GOP nod and if Bloomberg comes out as a 3rd party candidate it would hurt his chances of going that route. However, Dr. Paul has made a large impact in the campaign cycle.

When we hear others beginning to adopt his positions or sound like him - it's a good thing. When I hear Huckster saying end birthright citizenship or McCain talk about cutting spending I know I'm hearing a little bit of Ron Paul rub off on them and it makes me smile. WE ARE MAKING AN IMPACT!

Odds are we won't win folks, deep in our hearts we know this...but stand fast. The position of Dr. Paul is being heard, he is causing people to think, to question what they know to be "true" Not winning is not necessarily a loss for us, having the winning candidate adopt some of Ron's positions and become more conservative is a victory.

Dr. Paul is bringing up a new generation of free thinkers who understand our monetary policy and foreign policy is in shambles. This will yield long term benefits not easily measurable but certainly present.

With that said, allow them to laugh... allow them to snicker...and allow them to steal Dr. Paul's platform - we might not be winning in the poll numbers but we are in the war of ideas!

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 07:52 AM
the difference is the others dont actually care about those positions. they are just trying to figure out how ron gets his support and glean from it.

they would just as well turn their back on these issues for special interest. they dont understand a big portion of why we like paul is his honesty and the fact that hes genuine.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:04 AM
the difference is the others dont actually care about those positions. they are just trying to figure out how ron gets his support and glean from it.

they would just as well turn their back on these issues for special interest. they dont understand a big portion of why we like paul is his honesty and the fact that hes genuine.

We know that but the fact they are talking about it is important and should be noted.

Sematary
01-11-2008, 08:06 AM

+1

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 08:07 AM
We know that but the fact they are talking about it is important and should be noted.

yeah i guess that is true (from the standpoint that it will only show people how many MILES ahead of those other guys paul is when they start talking about these issues in a debate.) :p

jrich4rpaul
01-11-2008, 08:11 AM
I hope you realize the other candidates are LYING when they copy Ron's talking points.

homah
01-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I hope you realize the other candidates are LYING when they copy Ron's talking points.

Exactly. McCain says he wants to cut spending and in the same breath talks about increasing border patrol AND sending additional troops overseas. Where exactly is he planning to cut spending? It sounds as if he plans on spending more.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:20 AM

They are not lying they are saying what they think is important to the voters. None of us are really sure where they stand. If Dr. Paul has made it important to voters and the Rudy's of the world are now talking about it... it's a victory.

Not sure why some of you have an ALL OR NOTHING mentality about this. Dr. Paul is not going to win... however, some of his ideas can! I view that as a victory and imagine Ron does as well.

ThinkAwake
01-11-2008, 08:24 AM
They are not lying they are saying what they think is important to the voters. None of us are really sure where they stand. If Dr. Paul has made it important to voters and the Rudy's of the world are now talking about it... it's a victory.

Not sure why some of you have an ALL OR NOTHING mentality about this. Dr. Paul is not going to win... however, some of his ideas can! I view that as a victory and imagine Ron does as well.

lol.

You're missing the point of this entire campaign my friend. Ron Paul is the ONLY answer.

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 08:25 AM
they dont give a shit about the voters once the votes are in. thats the point. they will say whatever it takes to get their foot in the door. once they are in office, the voters are irrelevant.

ron is the only one talking about what he actually BELIEVES in. thats (just one of the reasons) why we love him.
he cares about the voters, because he cares about the voters.

Sematary
01-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Exactly. McCain says he wants to cut spending and in the same breath talks about increasing border patrol AND sending additional troops overseas. Where exactly is he planning to cut spending? It sounds as if he plans on spending more.

Well, according to him, if he were president, he would veto any budget that had any pork in it at all. THAT RIGHT THERE told me that he was full of shit. Who the hell BUYS that bullshit anyway? You'd have to be a Jonestownian to believe that McCain would veto a pork laden budget.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:36 AM
lol.

You're missing the point of this entire campaign my friend. Ron Paul is the ONLY answer.

Not true... he is not a king. The entire point of the campaign is the message of liberty, smaller govt., sound mon. policy, and for. policy. Ron Paul is simply the guy relaying the message.

Using your logic, when he loses - and he will - the message is dead. Not good enough for me.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Well, according to him, if he were president, he would veto any budget that had any pork in it at all. THAT RIGHT THERE told me that he was full of shit. Who the hell BUYS that bullshit anyway? You'd have to be a Jonestownian to believe that McCain would veto a pork laden budget.

Call McCain what you will but he is a man of principles. He does not waiver -- I can't stand the guy but have not found him to be a lair.

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Not true... he is not a king. The entire point of the campaign is the message of liberty, smaller govt., sound mon. policy, and for. policy. Ron Paul is simply the guy relaying the message.

Using your logic, when he loses - and he will - the message is dead. Not good enough for me.

yes it is true, at least at this junction, because those other candidates do NOT carry that message. that is his point. he is the only candidate in this race who truly believes in that message and will follow through with what he says. the others are trying to steal points for votes.

Sematary
01-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Call McCain what you will but he is a man of principles. He does not waiver -- I can't stand the guy but have not found him to be a lair.

So a man who stood on that stage last night and LIED to the electorate by saying that he would veto ANY budget that had pork in it is not a liar? Really? How does that work exactly? If he had a RECORD to back that rhetoric up, that would be one thing. But he does not. He lied, to try and gain votes. Period.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-11-2008, 08:47 AM
We certainly won't win if we don't get more people involved. Precinct captains are a must. Spread the word.

Sematary
01-11-2008, 08:47 AM

P.S. - George Bush does not waiver either. Look where THAT has gotten us.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:48 AM
So a man who stood on that stage last night and LIED to the electorate by saying that he would veto ANY budget that had pork in it is not a liar? Really? How does that work exactly? If he had a RECORD to back that rhetoric up, that would be one thing. But he does not. He lied, to try and gain votes. Period.

Can you prove that with fact rather than just words? I will stand corrected if so.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:49 AM
P.S. - George Bush does not waiver either. Look where THAT has gotten us.

Thank you for proving my point. Like I said, not a McCain fan - he is not a conservative... but he was called a liar and that is false.

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 08:50 AM
didnt Bush pretty much pull a 180 on the platform he first ran on?

Exarel
01-11-2008, 08:54 AM
I sure hope this isn't some foolish attempt to make us feel like we don't need to fight. We are fighting for him to become president, him making others lie more is IRRELEVANT.

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I sure hope this isn't some foolish attempt to make us feel like we don't need to fight. We are fighting for him to become president, him making others lie more is IRRELEVANT.

Excuse me? You need not question other peoples motives... I've done as much for Ron Paul as most and more than many.

www.signbomb08.com

The spirit of my message is postive, to keep fighting, etc. ... however Ron Paul forums has been taken over by 9/11 truthers and the neo-ron fringe.

Are you one of them????

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 08:59 AM
hey, relax guys, no need to polarize each other. that's silly, we all have the same goals here :)

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 08:59 AM
didnt Bush pretty much pull a 180 on the platform he first ran on?

Only on his for. policy. I do think 9/11 changed him deeply. We might not like the change but I understand it. He felt guilty .. not his fault but it happened under his watch.