PDA

View Full Version : How do we win every post-debate poll and lose every primary?

IHaveaDream
01-11-2008, 07:27 AM
The debates have been nationally televised to people of all demographics and all of those people can vote in the post-debate polls. Ron Paul has won every single one of those polls, and yet, we couldn't do better than 5th place in Iowa or NH.

It just doesn't add up.

MikeStanart
01-11-2008, 07:29 AM
This may come as a shock;

But not every person in the world is connected to the beautiful thing we call "The Series of Tubes".

I mean, seriously though; The internet and Ron Paul's message both have a lot in common: Freedom. It's a fair assumption that you will see more online support than offline.

That being said: We need to canvass the country and change that!

Truth Warrior
01-11-2008, 07:46 AM
The puppet MSM propaganga machine has convinced the mass of the brainwashed "blue pill" sheeple that, "Paul can't win, don't throw your vote away".<IMHO> How many times have you heard that? It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

allyinoh
01-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I think it's kind of obvious. Only NH people can vote in NH, only IA people vote in IA. The polls are cross country...

RPSignbomb
01-11-2008, 07:49 AM
The debates have been nationally televised to people of all demographics and all of those people can vote in the post-debate polls. Ron Paul has won every single one of those polls, and yet, we couldn't do better than 5th place in Iowa or NH.

It just doesn't add up.

Easy, we spam them #1 .. and Ron Paul has a smaller base much MUCH more active base of support.

Ogren
01-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Because the majority of those who vote in the primary are old. And the majority of those who can vote in text message and internet polls are young.

DeepBlu
01-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Because the majority of those who vote in the primary are old. And the majority of those who can vote in text message and internet polls are young.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 07:57 AM
This may come as a shock;

But not every person in the world is connected to the beautiful thing we call "The Series of Tubes".

I mean, seriously though; The internet and Ron Paul's message both have a lot in common: Freedom. It's a fair assumption that you will see more online support than offline.

That being said: We need to canvass the country and change that!

no, he's not just talking about internet polls, and the poster above this one is most likely correct.

edit: now make that 2 posts above :P

expatinireland
01-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Maybe because the oppositions supporters are busy wearing out their shoe leather and telephone dial pads while Ron Paul supporters are busy in cyber space.

IHaveaDream
01-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Maybe because the oppositions supporters are busy wearing out their shoe leather and telephone dial pads while Ron Paul supporters are busy in cyber space.

I don't buy this at all. No candidate has more active support than Ron Paul. I live here in SC. Our primary is less than 10 days away. I've yet to get a single phone call, mailer, or visitor from any candidate in either party. They are NOT working the phones or the streets any harder than we are.

The other candidates simply get a lot more media attention. Period.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM

Yeah, I'm not buying that either.

There were people all over this state, phone calls, ads, and "boots on the ground".

For months, and even now, after the fact, there were no McPain yard signs, no one showing up at his speeches or events, no one donating money (course that's now changed, and one of the first things he did with his new found cash is charter a private 747) and yet...

walt
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
because this campaign has an unprofessional relationship with the media

Mortikhi
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
We need to educate the dumb-downed baby boomers who only watch tv and accept it as gospel.

FreedomFirst
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
In addition to us young people doing the texting, a lot of people aren't really paying attention to the race just yet. For example, my father doesn't care who wins the nomination, he'll just be voting Republican in the end (-.-; I'm working on it). A lot of us Paulites are making a point to see the debates to see Ron pwn the rest while many others don't know or care that there's a debate on.

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I think it's kind of obvious. Only NH people can vote in NH, only IA people vote in IA. The polls are cross country...

Along with those is the unfortunate fact that some people were too lazy to actually get off their ass to go to a polling place.

fj45lvr
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
because for everyone of the political junkies out there that care and watch and vote there is some other American that shows up at the polls without even knowing who they'll vote for!!! the criteria could be who looks kinder, who is more handsome. Who their favorite _______ likes.

How else do Americans explain how GARBAGE like McDonalds exists against actual food!!!

Anthony T
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Beacuase us Paul supportsers band together to win the post debate polls.

scooter
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
It's as simple as this. Us hardcore RP supporters were probably 32% of the viewers last night, and that's what he got in the text vote.

A lot of neocons haven't started caring about the race yet and the ones who have are split between 5 candidates.