PDA

View Full Version : Are you glad that Ron Paul skipped the post-debate interview?

IHaveaDream
01-11-2008, 07:04 AM
If had shown up, he could have rubbed Hannity's nose in the fact that he won the text polling for the third time in a row. On the other hand, Hannity would probably have ambushed him with questions about the racist allegations.

Your thoughts?

123tim
01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Yes. A very smart move.

Matt Collins
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Ron needs all the face time he can get, and he should've used that opportunity to self-promote and also bitch on the air about FOX being biased in their coverage.

heath.whiteaker
01-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Screw hannity.

RonPaulNLiveFree
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
watching a debate on fox was hard enough, i wouldn't force ron to sit through an interview with hannity

SovereignMN
01-11-2008, 01:51 PM
One of the best things about Ron Paul is that he's not afraid to go into interviews that other candidates would run from. He's not afraid of "tough" interviews like O'Reilly and Hannity and he doesn't distance himself from non-mainstream interviews like Alex Jones either.

I wish he would have been on the post-debate segment last night.

I can understand why he didn't though. Ron Paul would have increased their ratings and youtube exposure.

SeanEdwards
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I thought it was smooth. It made Fox look even more biased than usual.

ButchHowdy
01-11-2008, 02:14 PM
These Dweebs MUST be punished.

It's working like a charm. Boortz is STILL pining over the RP diss and not only does he continue to mention Ron's name but honors more RP calls than ever before.

SirNadroj
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Absolutely. They probably would have only asked him about those racist comments he never made to make him look bad. He showed THEM! :D

Ron2Win
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I thought it was smooth. It made Fox look even more biased than usual.
That is what I thought.

snaFU
01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I kind of wanted the interview but at the same time they might have brought up hannity being chased by loony supporters and the racist newsletters which isn't a good thing.

VoluntaryMan
01-11-2008, 02:23 PM
He could have used the post debate interview to invite his opponents to debate him on issues of importance to black voters: drug war, IRS, immigration, and the death penalty -- all issues with desparate impact on black Americans. SC is the 1st good venue in the early primaries to hold such a debate. He would kick everyone else's @$$. He should also invite Duncan Hunter and Alan Keyes.

gracebkr
01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah, Fox news was totally attacking Ron Paul, him not interviewing emphasized what EVERYONE saw and heard on that stage. Little jerks I'd like to revolt just to beat them up.

sharedvoice
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Yes, it was a good move by Ron Paul to decline. Just made them look more insignificant.

lincolninked@yahoo.com
01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
He should of asked the audience when he first got the microphone if they were glad to hear from ALL the candidates in this bebate, unlike the last fox debate?

The applause would have stopped the show for a minute of applause I would bet you a hundred dollars.

He needs to talk and enrage the crowds, not the broadcasters.

cheapgunpartscom
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Missing it was the worst thing he could have done. ad he been there he could have asked why the "hand selected pollsters" were trained like seals to say ron lost while at the bottom of the screen it showed him winning by a landslide.

virgil47
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Bad move on Rp's part. It makes him look very out of the mainstream. By not showing up the media can say he was afraid of more questions or that he just really couldn't be bothered. I don't know who suggested that he not go but whoever did has done him and the campaign a disservice.

Shavenyak
01-11-2008, 08:30 PM
He Had Another Engagement That He Scheduled Before They Asked!!!

JMO
01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I understand the reason why he avoided the post interview. However I felt he needed the exposure to promote and better explain his ideas, which didn't happen.

thegr8drronpaul
01-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I voted no - yes he stuck it to them, and yes it makes Fox even look more unfair, but he needs those RARE opportunities to say what he needs to say. It was the perfect time - post debate angry time - to say anything he wants :(

Actually this poll is somewhat irrelevant, because most likely they would have cut it out anyways.

JMO
01-11-2008, 08:35 PM
You guys need to ask yourself the question. Did skipping the post interview garner him more votes than if he did the interview. I say it did not. You want as much exposure as possible.

Shavenyak
01-11-2008, 08:38 PM
You guys need to ask yourself the question. Did skipping the post interview garner him more votes than if he did the interview. I say it did not. You want as much exposure as possible.

Yes, but he already committed to one appearance and they asked at the last minute. Can't hold that against him.