PDA

View Full Version : What Dr. Paul's SC slam dunk means

billyjoeallen
01-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Dr. Paul is very much alive in this race, but with victory comes new problems. Like any good boyscout, we need to be prepared.

Get used to trolls. Paid and volunteer hacks are posing as RP supporters and are trying to derail positive discussions whenever possible. There will be more of them. DO NOT RESPOND to negative posts. STAY POSITIVE.

CNN (believe it or not) is our new ally. They hate Fox News. We hate Fox news. We now have a MSM outlet with at least some of the same goals as us. Note I said "ally" not "friend" so be encouraged, but be careful.

Reason Magazine has gone to the dark side. I don't know why, but we can't count on them. I think Gouliani got to them somehow. They are based in New York.

MLK day moneybomb. Best way to show everyone that we are not racist and neither is Dr. Paul. This is the easiest way to defeat our critics if it is successful and the surest way to lose if we fail. This means more than the election. We stand to win or lose the future of the movement.

To mix metaphors, the race card is the last bullet in the neocon gun. They dug through 70 years of Dr. Paul's past and this is the worst they could or will ever find. He showed poor managerial oversight on a newsletter. It's a desperate attempt at a smear from a desperate establishment. We shall overcome this if you will excuse my choice of words.

We are going to win this for Dr. Paul, for the Constitution, for freedom. Ron just schooled the neocons at their own game in their own house. They can't win because they are ideologically, morally and soon literally bankrupt.

Dr. Paul is the champion of the Constitution. We are the champions of Dr. Paul.
We are the Champions.

luvthedoc08
01-11-2008, 06:20 AM
HELL YEAH, ever since i started researching this stuff that Dr. Paul got me into i've been able to outtalk anyone on these issues, including my own history of econ teacher. It's Plato's allegory of the cave, except we've got alot more people stepping into the light of day and sharing the message of its wonders.

liberteebell
01-11-2008, 06:22 AM
I agree that we have a somewhat reluctant ally in CNN and specifically Wolf Blitzer. He gave RP air time when he was dissed by faux and to explain the absurd racist comments. He actually seems to like RP; at the very least, he is respectful, unlike most of the other talking heads. Maybe he's just beginning to understand the message. I think we should reward his "good behavior" by showering him with thank you emails (I already did) so he is aware that there really is broad support for Ron Paul.

We manage to complain in vast numbers; we should thank in vast numbers as well.

Kingfisher
01-11-2008, 06:34 AM
"We manage to complain in vast numbers; we should thank in vast numbers as well.".........VERY GOOD!

luvthedoc08
01-11-2008, 06:35 AM
what's his e-mail?

Gorgy
01-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Don't forget Cafferty's well-deserved praise. That man has been an ally since the days of Wolf "He's a Libertarian" Blitzer.

alexa doherty
01-11-2008, 07:28 AM
CNN is NOT our ally. Please wake up to that. So many times have they done one thing, then screwed ron over on another. Cafferty may like us but others at cnn will qwell most of it. Wolf Blitzer is a member of AIPAC for god's sake.

dshields
01-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Excellent Observations.

Guys, I AM SO encouraged by the panic mode Fox and other like media and publications are in. We have to be doing something right and it is important now than ever before to maintain our composure, activity, and efforts.

Dave

RollOn2day
01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=billyjoeallen;There will be more of them. DO NOT RESPOND to negative posts. STAY POSITIVE.
924087]

Amen brother! Don't fuel their fire.

liberteebell
01-11-2008, 12:24 PM
CNN is NOT our ally. Please wake up to that. So many times have they done one thing, then screwed ron over on another. Cafferty may like us but others at cnn will qwell most of it. Wolf Blitzer is a member of AIPAC for god's sake.

If CNN is giving face time to Ron Paul when other teevee venues are not, I think that's very helpful to our cause. Whether or not they're an ally is a matter of agreeing or disagreeing on semantics.

Whether we like it or not, Ron Paul needs all the face time on teevee he can get, especially when he's given an opportunity to speak in complete sentences. I don't know what Wolf Blitzer is a member of, nor do I care. I totally realize that CNN and others have not treated RP well in the past. HOWEVER, the last two times Wolf has had RP on, he has been respectful, he has listened to what Dr. Paul had to say without making fun of him or making ridiculous trite remarks, and he genuinely seems to like RP. Do you not think that is helpful to the cause?

This might be wishful thinking but maybe, just maybe, having listened to Dr. Paul for a while, Wolf is waking up to the message of freedom and is starting to like what he hears. Maybe like so many of us, he's starting to think, "Ron Paul really makes sense". I don't know what it is but I sure see some semblance of respectfulness in Wolf that I hadn't seen before. Why not use it???

Richard in Austin
01-11-2008, 02:01 PM
About the whole racist newsletters thing, here's the problem: it happened a long time ago, and we don't even know if Ron Paul really knows who wrote that stuff or not, but a lot of the newsies and bloggers seem to be taking the position that thry won't be satisfied until Ron Paul fingers the guilty writer(s). However, it seems to me that Ron Paul is not a finger-pointer kind of a guy. Can you imagine Ron Paul fingering a former employee? I'm not sure I can. He probably also thinks it's irrelevant.

I don't think the newsies get that about him, they probably don't interact much with anyone like him.

raiha
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Paul is very much alive in this race, but with victory comes new problems. Like any good boyscout, we need to be prepared.

Get used to trolls. Paid and volunteer hacks are posing as RP supporters and are trying to derail positive discussions whenever possible. There will be more of them. DO NOT RESPOND to negative posts. STAY POSITIVE.

CNN (believe it or not) is our new ally. They hate Fox News. We hate Fox news. We now have a MSM outlet with at least some of the same goals as us. Note I said "ally" not "friend" so be encouraged, but be careful.

Reason Magazine has gone to the dark side. I don't know why, but we can't count on them. I think Gouliani got to them somehow. They are based in New York.

MLK day moneybomb. Best way to show everyone that we are not racist and neither is Dr. Paul. This is the easiest way to defeat our critics if it is successful and the surest way to lose if we fail. This means more than the election. We stand to win or lose the future of the movement.

To mix metaphors, the race card is the last bullet in the neocon gun. They dug through 70 years of Dr. Paul's past and this is the worst they could or will ever find. He showed poor managerial oversight on a newsletter. It's a desperate attempt at a smear from a desperate establishment. We shall overcome this if you will excuse my choice of words.

We are going to win this for Dr. Paul, for the Constitution, for freedom. Ron just schooled the neocons at their own game in their own house. They can't win because they are ideologically, morally and soon literally bankrupt.

We are the Champions.

Well said...Onward through the fog!!!

limequat
01-11-2008, 02:53 PM

We are the Champions.

Truth!
After Ron's latest email I have to assume that all further negatives posts are from trolls.

disciple
01-11-2008, 02:55 PM

QFT.

Basilieus
01-11-2008, 02:55 PM
The enemy of our enemy is our friend.

I agree, if you see ANY negative comments, simply rate it a 1 star and don't comment.

traitorist
01-11-2008, 02:58 PM
The enemy of our enemy is our friend.

I agree, if you see ANY negative comments, simply rate it a 1 star and don't comment.

ANY? negative, or do you mean dissenting or critical? or do you equate all as being the same thing?

sharedvoice
01-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I have to give Wolf Blitzer some credit where credit is do. He gave Dr. Paul a chance to set the record straight on the baseless racist allegations.

I think everyone knows that story is going nowhere. Ron Paul doesn't have a racist bone in his body. That poor old man, he's too good for that and has a heart of gold.

Shame on TNR for trying to rehash this crusty bullshit story. Trying to smear the good Doctor prior to the SC debate. They should burn for that shit. If I ever get my hands on that little weasel who was on Tucker that claimed to broke the story I will snap his F'n neck!

kill the banks
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
If CNN is giving face time to Ron Paul when other teevee venues are not, I think that's very helpful to our cause. Whether or not they're an ally is a matter of agreeing or disagreeing on semantics.

Whether we like it or not, Ron Paul needs all the face time on teevee he can get, especially when he's given an opportunity to speak in complete sentences. I don't know what Wolf Blitzer is a member of, nor do I care. I totally realize that CNN and others have not treated RP well in the past. HOWEVER, the last two times Wolf has had RP on, he has been respectful, he has listened to what Dr. Paul had to say without making fun of him or making ridiculous trite remarks, and he genuinely seems to like RP. Do you not think that is helpful to the cause?

This might be wishful thinking but maybe, just maybe, having listened to Dr. Paul for a while, Wolf is waking up to the message of freedom and is starting to like what he hears. Maybe like so many of us, he's starting to think, "Ron Paul really makes sense". I don't know what it is but I sure see some semblance of respectfulness in Wolf that I hadn't seen before. Why not use it???

use it fine ~ but don't trust it !

kill the banks

"liberty is brewing"
listen live http://www.rprradio.com/

kill the banks
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
just in :

January 11, 2008

Our campaign is growing every single day, with more and more volunteers and donors rallying to the cause of peace, freedom, and Constitutional government. And our staff is growing too! Our latest hire is Daniel McCarthy, who is coming on board as our Grassroots Communications Coordinator to keep the grassroots informed on the latest developments with the campaign.

You'll get the freshest and most exciting news from the campaign, straight from our War Room, from Daniel and other staffers at our blog, the Daily Dose. Instant reaction to breaking news, immediate mobilization of our supporters-the blog will keep you up to speed on everything happening with the Ron Paul movement.

And we're starting now: our first posts are up http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates . Check back regularly!

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

kill the banks

Enano1983
01-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I agree that we should thank in numbers as well as complain. I've sent an e-mail to Wolf Blitzer, for giving Dr. Paul some good quality time on his show. His feedback page can be found here:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form4.html?2

alexa doherty
01-11-2008, 10:48 PM
If CNN is giving face time to Ron Paul when other teevee venues are not, I think

Fool, Cnn says one thing than does another. They're only doing it for ratings and to oppose fox.

I guess some people have their head up their ass and actually think Cnn is our friends. Perhaps people should see how they treated Ron recently with the racism b.s.

Cnn proudly pushes the Israel cause and pushes the war cause and the same talking points. Not one MSM station hasn't. Some will rip on Bush but then they do the war talking points and go into the pro israel banter.

The Cnn hit pieces that were on Anderson Cooper and the CNN/Youtube Debacle, does it get any more obvious?

dmspilot00
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Some of you may be forgetting the hit pieces on Anderson Cooper and the CNN/Youtube Debacle. CNN in general is not an ally, but Wolf Blitzer has been respectful and Jack Cafferty very positive.

liberteebell
01-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Fool, Cnn says one thing than does another. They're only doing it for ratings and to oppose fox.

I guess some people have their head up their ass and actually think Cnn is our friends. Perhaps people should see how they treated Ron recently with the racism b.s.

Cnn proudly pushes the Israel cause and pushes the war cause and the same talking points. Not one MSM station hasn't. Some will rip on Bush but then they do the war talking points and go into the pro israel banter.

The Cnn hit pieces that were on Anderson Cooper and the CNN/Youtube Debacle, does it get any more obvious?

So, alexa, besides calling me a fool and accusing me of having my head up my ass, what do you propose as a solution??? Should Ron Paul just not be on any national teevee???

Ron Paul should just tell Blitzer and Cafferty to go f*** themselves because of the CNN agenda or because there were hit pieces (and yes, I'm well aware of them) in the past?

How do you propose that we reach an audience who is essentially lazy and doesn't spend time on the internet doing research on candidates?

How many people do YOU speak to on a daily basis who say, "I really like Ron Paul but he doesn't have a chance (translated: he's never on teevee)?????????? I hear it EVERY DAY.

All I'm saying is that Ron Paul should use the media TO HIS ADVANTAGE wherever he can AND when someone does give him valuable and pretty fair face time (although my head may have been too far up my ass to have seen it properly), as Blitzer has recently, we should thank him so he might give Ron Paul MORE face time.

Let's hear it; what are your solutions??

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Why not behave like precious children?

The new blockbusters are out soon.

As they say, all talk, no walk.

What price liberty girls and boys?

As I figured, most of you are show pon'ys. Go back to U-Tube.

Useless self centered shits.