PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone think the Iranians weren't going to have their own cameras...

Independent Operator
01-11-2008, 05:54 AM
in this day and age?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Z6VouYW8o&feature=related

"bullocks!!! there was no bloody demolition. i was there, i saw it."

DaneKirk
01-11-2008, 06:01 AM
It is a bunch of BS. They cut out everything that happened, this proves nothing. I believe our videos and the ships Captains, they would not lie, it would be an unlawful order and therefore they would not obey. None of us in the military want another conflict, the Iranians just want to push their luck. They did it with the Brits not far back so what makes you think they have any credibility in this case? NONE!!!

Independent Operator
01-11-2008, 06:09 AM
It is a bunch of BS. They cut out everything that happened, this proves nothing. I believe our videos and the ships Captains, they would not lie, it would be an unlawful order and therefore they would not obey. None of us in the military want another conflict, the Iranians just want to push their luck. They did it with the Brits not far back so what makes you think they have any credibility in this case? NONE!!!

you are woefully uneducated if you think the military wouldn't lie to you. very naive and pollyannish.

all states lie, but what is more believable here? of course the u.s. (its pathological) are lying, that is what they have been doing for over 100 years - and probably longer.

apparently you were just born yesterday, or you are a neocon.

Get on board the peace train. neo-con!!!!

http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

JanusFIN
01-11-2008, 06:53 AM
When the news come out couple of days ago, many of you in here was SO IN TUBE, and make fast decisions about what happened.

You all have to calm down, wait these both side views, and demand also those, and after a great think, ask your self is there is any reason to any reaction. Even your generals agreed now that "the voice" was not from the speedboat. ( If you have ever been in speedboat, you know that backside volume of the wind, motor and waves are over 80db. Any of that was not in their "radio broadcast" ...!?!... )

I say then, and I say again. Calm down, nothing happened. And nothing will, if you just think this over. Iran is not a threat, you are. They have no will to start any war against you, and either Iraq wanted any of your world government shit before them. They did anything to you, and not have Iranians too.

There are surveillance planes all over the area, witch see the incident when it happened, and they can jump to any frequency in the region with their radio equipments. Ask from your own guys behind the desks, who´s bad joke this whole thing was...

Bush is in Israel now to take orders to your next move, are you willing to obey your grand masters, who are not even from your country?

Peace.

ReallyNow
01-11-2008, 06:59 AM
In this case, I believe it was the Iranians who were trying to drum up some false patriotism after the inevitable war rhetoric from Washington. Ahmadenijad (sp?) is getting hammered on inflation and domestic issues in Iran and will go down in flames if he doesn't galvanize the populace against a common enemy to win back support as a hardliner. It's amazing how Governments do the same things to fool their people whether you're in America, Iran, etc...

simranjits
01-11-2008, 07:42 AM
The video of the speed boats , i don't think anyone is disputing , its pretty normal , its the conversation between the boat and the ship that is interesting. US fabricated theirs , and its clear the iranian one shows cordial conversation.

dontdrinkthewater
01-11-2008, 08:20 AM
was in the marines for 6 yrs spent a year and a half on ship saw this same kind of situation about half a dozen times with the Russians doing the same thing its fairly common and our forces do the exact same thing . its getting blown way out of proportion. just a bunch of hype to scare the sheep.

TSOL
01-11-2008, 08:21 AM

Dane Dane Dane

Wiki this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

See THE FOG OF WAR Documentary.

TSOL
01-11-2008, 08:22 AM
was in the marines for 6 yrs spent a year and a half on ship saw this same kind of situation about half a dozen times with the Russians doing the same thing its fairly common and our forces do the exact same thing . its getting blown way out of proportion. just a bunch of hype to scare the sheep.

I was in the USCG for 4 years; we had a Russian Sub ping our 378 one time in the Bearing Sea; no big deal.

pcosmar
01-11-2008, 08:22 AM

Gulf of Tonkin
Those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2261

Thirty years ago, it all seemed very clear.

"American Planes Hit North Vietnam After Second Attack on Our Destroyers; Move Taken to Halt New Aggression", announced a Washington Post headline on Aug. 5, 1964.

That same day, the front page of the New York Times reported: "President Johnson has ordered retaliatory action against gunboats and 'certain supporting facilities in North Vietnam' after renewed attacks against American destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin."

But there was no "second attack" by North Vietnam — no "renewed attacks against American destroyers." By reporting official claims as absolute truths, American journalism opened the floodgates for the bloody Vietnam War.

A pattern took hold: continuous government lies passed on by pliant mass media...leading to over 50,000 American deaths and millions of Vietnamese casualties.

The official story was that North Vietnamese torpedo boats launched an "unprovoked attack" against a U.S. destroyer on "routine patrol" in the Tonkin Gulf on Aug. 2 — and that North Vietnamese PT boats followed up with a "deliberate attack" on a pair of U.S. ships two days later.

The truth was very different.

dontdrinkthewater
01-11-2008, 08:34 AM
was in italy for a port call, and there was a russian ship there at the same time every morning we would do our run past their ship shouting the most foul and insulting things we could come up with. they finally complained to the ships captain and we where told to stop. there was only about three thousand marines running past them every morning for about a week.