PDA

View Full Version : FAQ about Ron Paul

Lars
01-11-2008, 05:45 AM
It is my hope that the following FAQ list will be helpful to some of you when you are meeting with people who do not yet understand the importance of Ron Paul’s message.

I also suggest that some of you talented people make this into a video, a song, a speech, an ad or whatever you can think of to spread this (relatively) simple message as much as possible.

If you agree, please also bump, sticky, dig or whatever to help spread this as much as possible.

Thanks – and now to the FAQ:

The war?

There is plenty proof through history that wars like this cannot be won and the last 5 years in Iraq seem to suggest that this war cannot be won either. This is a topic that many people feel passionate about on both sides of the argument.

However, no matter how you feel about this topic, the question is this: The country is going broke and we are leaving this huge burden of debt for our children to carry for several decades. We can’t afford it, so is it honourable to continue and leave the bill for our children to pay?

Immigration?

This is a mess and everybody seems to think they have a solution to fix it. First of all we need to make sure our borders are strong, which I think most people would agree with. In my view, there can only be one workable long-term solution. We need to remove the incentive to come by cutting some of the benefits. As long as it is worthwhile to take the risk, people will come.

However, no matter how you feel about this topic, the question is this: The country is going broke and we are leaving this huge burden of debt for our children to carry for several decades. We can’t afford it, so is it honourable to continue and leave the bill for our children to pay?

The housing crisis?

This is a terrible problem and unfortunately it will get much worse in my opinion. The cause of the problem is too much easy credit, but the so-called solutions offered by all the other candidates on both sides are more easy credit (they may tell you something different but check their records). This will of course make the problem even worse as it has done until now. The Government and the Fed do not have the powers to solve the problem, in fact when they try by borrowing or in the Fed’s case printing more money they only make it worse by creating inflation for new bubbles to form and then burst. This all translates into more debt and a less valuable dollar.

The Economy?

Due to the problems in the housing market as well as too much spending for borrowed money, the economy is headed for a long period of recession and probably depression. This was created by too much spending and too much borrowing and could have been avoided. Ron Paul has over the years been one of the very few voices in Congress arguing this point, but nobody was interested as long as the economy was growing and house prices were going up. However, the debt and the borrowing also went up.

Other Government programmes?

Most of these have proven not to be working and in my view they often have the opposite effect to the one intended. In my opinion we should cut back on the Government programmes and the power of the Government by following the Constitution.

Bottom line is this

Ron Paul is the only candidate who has consistently been working and voting to reduce our debt burden and run a sound economy based on principles that have stood the test of times during hundreds of years. This is a complicated message, but it can be made simple by saying that the Government and we need to stop borrowing and to live within our means. In my opinion. It is clear that Ron Paul is the only candidate who will help reduce the terrible debt burden we are leaving for our children.

(the above was written quickly and can no doubt be improved - however I hope the message was useful)