PDA

View Full Version : Campaign appoints Grassroots Communications Coordinator

ASayre
01-11-2008, 03:10 AM
A quick post just to introduce myself: I’m Daniel McCarthy, new Grassroots Communications Coordinator for Ron Paul, and I’ll be blogging here regularly to bring you news from both inside and out of the campaign on the progress we’re making in taking back our country. I’ve been literary editor of the American Conservative and a freelancer for magazines like Reason and Chronicles, but I’ve never been as proud to be associated with anybody as I am to be working for Ron Paul. Dr. Paul’s message of Constitutional government, liberty, peace, and commerce — the values upon which this Republic was founded — is spreading by the day, and I’m honored to fight, and write, for the cause.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/10/honored-to-join-the-ron-paul-revolution/

EvilEngineer
01-11-2008, 03:12 AM
He needs to create an account here if he wants to do his job. The majority of the grassroots activity centralizes here and then disseminates through the meetups.

Joe3113
01-11-2008, 03:27 AM
He needs to create an account here if he wants to do his job. The majority of the grassroots activity centralizes here and then disseminates through the meetups.

+1

q_castic
01-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Agreed.

Spirit of '76
01-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Daniel McCarthy is a great choice!

amy31416
01-11-2008, 04:24 AM
That's great! Who is this guy? How do we actually communicate to him?

Richandler
01-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Urgh, I wish this was done sooner. Oh well, we have to keep the momentum.

bucfish
01-11-2008, 06:01 AM
good idea

Daniel McCarthy
01-11-2008, 08:26 PM

Done. :)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Here is my first communication to the Communications Coordinator: TELL THE CAMPAIGN TO MAKE SOME BETTER ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yongrel
01-11-2008, 08:30 PM

welcome.

Brace yourself.

nateerb
01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
welcome.

Brace yourself.

No, really... BRACE YOURSELF!

Welcome to the forums.

PathIveMade
01-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Welcome!

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Well done HQ!

Welcome!

karenflower
01-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome!!! This is great, thankyou for joining us. :)

Spirit of '76
01-11-2008, 08:44 PM

Welcome to the forum! Put on your flame-retardant suit and get ready for an interesting and informative ride.

FreeTraveler
01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
No, really... BRACE YOURSELF!

Welcome to the forums.

:rolleyes: They're not kidding. You're in for a helluva ride.

I guess I might as well throw the first hardball. I saw an article on Lew Rockwell called "Lynching Jesse"... Do you think this might be a problem for Dr. Paul's campaign? If so, will you get it addressed somehow ASAP?

Welcome aboard!

PatriotOne
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Have you any idea what you have gotten yourself into :eek:?

Do you have a plan on how to communicate with us logistically? Will you be setting up a website to disseminate info or do you plan on using this forum as a venue (I'm very wary of that if that is the case because of all the troublemaking trolls around here), or ???

I am very please to have a liaison :).

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Perhaps having a special section of forum for general communication with GR, announcements for GR and feedback might help.

In addition to Welcome, good luck DM, there is a lot of energy and chaos on these forums :)

Opulen
01-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Its about time we have a communication line person to the HQ.

Welcome!! :D

deedles
01-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the board, Daniel... good luck and yes, hold on for the ride. I have a suggestion for you... you may want to stay away from threads that are titled similar to the following:

!!!!!OMG.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!SUPER IMPORTANT: CAMPAIGN WILL COME TO SCREECHING HALT UNLESS THIS IS ADDRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm going to vomit!!!

or "FU Frank"

Otherwise, dive right in! Glad to have you here.. say hi to Dr. Paul for us and tell him we're behind him 100%.

Good Luck! :)

cero
01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Someone go Get Trevor off the blimp he needs to step up and help us with the MLK money bomb I know we gave him some heat before but he we need him/mailing list :D:

deedles
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
bump

kirkblitz
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Welcome :D

Enzo
01-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Hi Daniel. Welcome

exer51
01-11-2008, 09:16 PM
So I'll list a couple of the biggest complaints that people have here.

1. The Ads do... err... suck. I will explain why in 2.

2. He is not forceful enough! For the LOVE OF GOD someone please tell Dr. Paul to be more forceful. He is NOT getting the point across that he is different. He is NOT calling out the people on how they're not real conservatives. Last nights debate is the first time out of all of them he's ever done it halfway right. Just think of how many more people we'd have if he'd been calling them out from day 1. Yea, we could be winning right now. I'm hoping that means it's a change that's already occurred. If so GREAT. I'd take it up a notch from there still though... If not it's literally our LAST CHANCE at winning this thing. Why not mention that every other candidate is babbling about trying to "fix" minor scrapes and bruises while our country is gushing blood from our main artery.

3. I think the official campaign needs to send an email to everyone they have in their database saying in far more, and far sweeter words "If you people give a shit about this country and your future find a local meetup group NOW, and stop being a lazy shits and hit the fucking streets!!! Do you want another line towing fascist or communist Democrat elected??? Well think of how little effort it is to get active for a few weeks compared to living in HELL for the rest of your life".

Quite frankly that's the situation we're in, and that's what these people need to be told. Our Seattle meetup has 600+ people. I've only ever seen 50 people TOPS show up at anything. I know for a fact that there are THOUSANDS of people in Seattle that support him that HQ has the information of. Even if we only got similar ratios to the current meetup member-to-actually showup situation it would be a HUGE increase. This NEEDS to happen. All these armchair big talkers need to realize THEY have to get their asses out of their chairs and doing something useful. And not just a few days before the election. The sooner we mobilize people the better. I'm going to try to get the head of the Seattle group to send out a similar message tomorrow with his endorsement... If he doesn't like it you can still send messages to the whole group anyway! If we were actually mobilizing 500 of the nearly 700 people vs 20 tomorrow do you know what a difference that'd make between now and Feb. 9th??? HUGE. I recommend ALL meetups do this. We all know we have far more members than are active. They need to be REAL members who show up, not just numbers on a fucking website.

I'm sorry for my rant, and my cussing, but I'm getting very angry at how few of people are actually doing anything. When I think about the difference that could be made in slapping people in the head and getting some more of them out I just get all GRRRRRR if ya know what I mean :)

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!!!

Vaughn

deedles
01-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Also agree with point #1 above by Exer51.

If Dr. Paul could paint some mental images when he speaks... like the image of applying bandaids when blood is gushing out... We can all instantly 'see' the folly of that action.

Isn't it true that people think in pictures or images? Reagan was great at that imagery style of talking...

"Artificially low interest rates" may cause some brains to go bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... but if an image of the stress that so many are living with as a result of artificially low rates and easy DEBT ( I love how they call it debt, credit... classic example of newspeak) and BIG payments, could be used.. I just think that would work with people better sometimes.

If he could find a way to go "through" the camera and talk to us. I think people are really looking for what he offers.... they just don't see it in the quick and often distracting 'glances' that the MSM affords them of Dr. Paul.

stevedasbach
01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Daniel,

Welcome!

I hope you'll be able to help people feel more "in the loop" about what the campaign is doing and why. How is all the money that was donated being used? What is being accomplished? What do you need (e.g. money) and what are you going to do with it?

Nature abhors a vacuum and so do grassroots supporters. In the absense of information, all kinds of rumors get bantied about, and they usually aren't the kind that inspire confidence in the campaign team and/or more donations.

Transparency has been enormously successful in funding the campaign. Let it spread to other areas and who knows what we can accomplish.

Hook
01-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Look at some of the grassroots ads and compare them with HQ ads. Could you guys use the grassroots ones? Or at least get some guidance from them. They are much better and are free.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc

Here are some of Harry Browne's ads that cost almost nothing to make:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56866274593101

Hook
01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Daniel,

Welcome!

I hope you'll be able to help people feel more "in the loop" about what the campaign is doing and why. How is all the money that was donated being used? What is being accomplished? What do you need (e.g. money) and what are you going to do with it?

Nature abhors a vacuum and so do grassroots supporters. In the absense of information, all kinds of rumors get bantied about, and they usually aren't the kind that inspire confidence in the campaign team and/or more donations.

Transparency has been enormously successful in funding the campaign. Let it spread to other areas and who knows what we can accomplish.

Absolutely.
You need to show up here daily and let us know what is going on and what to do.

Do you have direct contact with Snyder and Co. ?

bolidew
01-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Everyone in the forum need to know this.

user
01-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Knowing some of the posters here, I have to wonder if Dan McCarthy will ever post here again!

Daniel McCarthy
01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
No worries -- I'll post again. I've been working on the blog and a few other projects and getting a feel for my new responsibilities before really launching into the fray, but I'm here and I'll give whatever info and perspective I can as things develop.

I can be reached by private message through Ron Paul Forums or by email here (mailto:mccarthy4paul@gmail.com) -- as I've said on the blog, please keep messages as short as possible, so I can get through as much as possible from as many activists as possible.

More to come soon...

michaelwise
01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
No worries -- I'll post again. I've been working on the blog and a few other projects and getting a feel for my new responsibilities before really launching into the fray, but I'm here and I'll give whatever info and perspective I can as things develop.

I can be reached by private message through Ron Paul Forums or by email here (mailto:mccarthy4paul@gmail.com) -- as I've said on the blog, please keep messages as short as possible, so I can get through as much as possible from as many activists as possible.

More to come soon...Daniel, is Dr. Paul going to take the federal matching funds?

yongrel
01-17-2008, 09:21 PM

More to come soon...

So far, I like what I see. Good job. Keep up the good work.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
01-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Howdy, Daniel!

This is fabulous. I will go read your blog now.

ronpaulfan
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
The majority of the grassroots activity centralizes here and then disseminates through the meetups.

I disagree. Only 1/2 the people in this forum have been to meetups (see the Scary Poll (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36073))

I'm still trying to identify where meetup members meet :D

wfd40
01-17-2008, 09:27 PM

Welcome Mr. McCarthy!!

:):):)

bcasanov
01-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Thank you Daniel for joining the forums! Reiterating what was said earlier, could the mods or admin create a special thread or category of threads just for the purpose of feedback with HQ? Knowing how the threads can get chaotic and disorganized in the Grassroots Central, maybe we can dedicate something just for this feedback? Do others think that would be a good idea?

yongrel
01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Also to the higher powers of this forum:

Is there a way that the threads the Mr. McCarthy posts in are automatically highlighted?

It would be useful for the forum members to know where to go for the official word.

Rebel Resource
01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Daniel:

Get the mods here to make you an entire sub-forum.

John P Slevin
01-17-2008, 09:42 PM

Why look at it like that? The campaign has a co-ordinator, with a blog and a phone. Why would you want the campaign's co-ordinator to have to sift thru this mess?

If anyone can help, they can reach him, he's available.

It really is piss poor attitude to suggest the campaign should be at the beck and call of a bunch of anonymous people.

It's also plainly stupid for them to do so. How many plants from other campaigns who are anonymous here can waste RP campaign time?

Besides, go look thru the posts here, 95% pure garbage.

revolutionary8
01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Great to have you around. :)
You are a brave soul. :D

Menthol Patch
01-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Someone from the HQ actually posting on Ron Paul Forums!

This is the best news in MONTHS!